+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
johnny123 said:
They applied for LMO and WP before his IEC WP expired. It was not approved, but it made it possible to maintain employee status (aka to work), what was necessary to get the nomination under ELSS category. After he got nominated, he submitted another application, but just for WP, because he became LMO exempt. I don't know the exact dates.
I was asking because the work permit application processing in this case can only be delayed for a specific amount of days, waiting for an answer on the LMO (usually around 2 months IIRC). In any case, it would be highly unlikely that the province would deny them nomination anyway. I know first hand that provincial officers don't know all the details about federal programs and vice versa. When I first talked to the SINP officer I mentioned above, he immediately told me about implied status. I was actually the one telling him there is this exception and after that he said he would check with a friend of his in CIC. He emailed him right away and received the answer 2 days after that, confirming there was no implied status on IEC. This SINP officer makes the final approval/refusal decision for nomination applications. If I hadn't discussed that with him, he wouldn't have known either. Hope I didn't cause any harm to other applicants lol

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
jaybakerca said:
As part of the advertising process, do the job ads only have to be up for the 1 month stipulated or longer?

I noticed that my ads on kijii, indeed and job bank are still listed from when my application began at the beginning of July. They still get bumped to the top of the pages too.

As I have noticed the advertising side of things is where people are getting hit. Just wanted to make sure I was covered! Man I just want this to be over. Worst experience of my life. My future hanging in the balance of a simple yes or no
They have to be for 1 month. However if the officer believes a Canadian would be found if advertised for longer or in more media, then they can require further advertising. Bare in mind the Job Bank one needs to stay up during the whole time.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ritvik123 said:
@ beholder thanks for replying...

I am currently on my post graduate work permit...

and advertising through 3 different channels sounds scary :(
It is a pain. Being currently responsible for 2 LMIA applications, I know ;D

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
dh5689 said:
Hi!

Right now i'm going to apply LMIA for position of Retail trade manager..(0621)..its in high skill but below the median wage in my area..so i'm bit confuse about the duration of my work permit?..how long it would be?? is it two years or one??..its really confusing!!
Hi,

Duration is now dictated by the wage and not skill level, so it will be for 1 year

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
beholder69 said:
They have to be for 1 month. However if the officer believes a Canadian would be found if advertised for longer or in more media, then they can require further advertising. Bare in mind the Job Bank one needs to stay up during the whole time.

I am pretty confident sufficient advertising has been done. I'm hoping they see it that way too :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
johnny123 said:
They applied for LMO and WP before his IEC WP expired. It was not approved, but it made it possible to maintain employee status (aka to work), what was necessary to get the nomination under ELSS category. After he got nominated, he submitted another application, but just for WP, because he became LMO exempt. I don't know the exact dates.
Your friend was working illegally. There is no implied status granted for IECs. Hopefully this doesn't catch up with him later and impact his application.

Sep 3, 2014
SexualCaastles said:
Ok, here is an update for Ontario, Toronto:

First LM(A)O submitted - April 28th 2014 - Refused June 6th 2014 = Processing time for decision 5 weeks

LM(A)O got scraped for LMIA June 2014 - Probably not a coincidence mine got refused just as the new system was being rolled out ;)

My employer called HRSDC regarding the LMIA application and was told that it takes 25 business days for them to input the application into their system and it will be in the system by 22nd September. My forms were posted 7th August (should have arrived 8th as it was sent recorded) so seemingly it takes a week for them just to open the package and begin the 25 day process (Adding 5 days to the process).

After it has been input into their system they told my employer that it is taking around 8 weeks to reach a decision presently. So I should receive a decision on or around November 17th 2014.

So this means the process takes 14-15 weeks from the date the application is posted through to HRSDC actually reaching a decision.

If anything changes I will provide an update
-UPDATE-

My future employer spoke with HRSDC last week regarding my application as their credit card had still not been charged. They were told that they had not processed the form as there was a new version of the form available on their website as of 18th September that replaced the previous version.

EVERYONE with an application being processed who submitted around August and have not yet heard anything GET YOUR EMPLOYER TO CALL!

HRSDC are not processing any of these old applications even though they were submitted a month before they made changes and released a new form - which is absolutely disgusting.
My employer had spoken with them multiple times about the application and were told nothing about this new form being released as per my previous posts. They now have to complete the new form and fax it over in an attempt to avoid any further delays with a note on it saying the previous application was submitted back in August - if a new form is not submitted your/my application would be deemed incomplete and either refused or the process stalled.

It seems to be a case of 3 steps forward 18 steps back. What an utter farce of a system.

Anyone starting the application process for the first time who is reading this to do their research - do not hold any hopes of a quick turn around on this process! :mad:

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys...can somebody tell me if something is going wrong with an LMIA application ,for example if the application is incomplete or the advertisement is not good or for another reason..they put you to pay again every time when you apply for a new LMIA? My husband boss will start this process soon and will be first time when he is doing this...I saw here a lot of application refused and just wondering if they charge you every time when you try again...

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
SexualCaastles said:
-UPDATE-

My future employer spoke with HRSDC last week regarding my application as their credit card had still not been charged. They were told that they had not processed the form as there was a new version of the form available on their website as of 18th September that replaced the previous version.

EVERYONE with an application being processed who submitted around August and have not yet heard anything GET YOUR EMPLOYER TO CALL!

HRSDC are not processing any of these old applications even though they were submitted a month before they made changes and released a new form - which is absolutely disgusting.
My employer had spoken with them multiple times about the application and were told nothing about this new form being released as per my previous posts. They now have to complete the new form and fax it over in an attempt to avoid any further delays with a note on it saying the previous application was submitted back in August - if a new form is not submitted your/my application would be deemed incomplete and either refused or the process stalled.

It seems to be a case of 3 steps forward 18 steps back. What an utter farce of a system.

Anyone starting the application process for the first time who is reading this to do their research - do not hold any hopes of a quick turn around on this process! :mad:
You're kidding?!

My employer got in contact with them on the 12th and they said they never recieved the application so she re-sent it (12th of sept)

its now been 2 weeks and still havent heard anything, but the forms would have been originally completed a month before so it would have been these so called -old forms you mention.

I cant keep up.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
SexualCaastles said:
-UPDATE-

Damn, this sucks. I'm pretty sure my employer did an online application and not a faxed one... so hopefully mine is still good (mine submitted early September).

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
So S**t got worse guys. Just received a letter from CIC. Work permit extension got refused, for obvious reason. No positive LMIA so far. So got a 90 days restoration period. So i believe i can not work till i get the restoration and LMIA worked out right?

Not sure if you guys read my earlier posts. LMIA was returned two times saying incomplete application and the third time wrong forms which they keep changing every month. So applying fourth time now. Need some help with schedule C guys. Please help

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
SexualCaastles said:
-UPDATE-

What about those with application submitted before 20th June?

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016
anarsoul said:
What about those with application submitted before 20th June?
Is it low wage? From this website http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/info_emp.shtml it says:

The TFWP is refusing to process any pending applications for low-wage positions as of June 20, 2014. Any application that was submitted prior to June 20, for a position where the prevailing wage is below the provincial/territorial median hourly wage, and where an opinion has not been issued, will no longer be processed. In these cases, employers will be refunded the $275 per position processing fee. All other applications will be processed as normal.

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
So,

Submitted original application forms on August 3rd.

Found out a month later they never received the forms.

Submitted new forms on the 12th of september.

Its now been 2 weeks and i havent heard anything.

But somewhere in between all that they decided to change the form?

Why wouldnt they let my employer know when she resubmitted the forms that they have changed there and then?

Now i am another 2 weeks into the process and looks like its going all the way back to the very beginning again.

This is beyond a joke,