+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
Just wondering what the normal processing time would be for a high waged job ( $28 ) in the oil fields in alberta? My employer sent in the application today what should I be expecting?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
Just wondering what the normal processing time would be for a high waged job ( $28 ) in the oil fields in alberta? My employer sent in the application today what should I be expecting?
Be prepared for a 12 week wait. If you get it sooner then great but expecting it sooner is asking for misery. Good luck!

Reactions: Javid14

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
ButterflyChemist said:
Be prepared for a 12 week wait. If you get it sooner then great but expecting it sooner is asking for misery. Good luck!
damn i figured would be much faster, wallet is gonna be pretty much empty lol

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fredde587 said:
damn i figured would be much faster, wallet is gonna be pretty much empty lol
You never know @fredde587. Not many persons have been posting the results of LMO/LMIA applications since the changes. When your process is completed please share your information

Reactions: Satish raja

Y16v

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
My lawyer told me that it is only 15 days approval in Alberta noc 0631 restaurant manager

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
Y16v said:
My lawyer told me that it is only 15 days approval in Alberta noc 0631 restaurant manager

How accurate is this?

I am in alberta with noc 0631, I'm currently on day 15 ince my application started.

Are you waiting still?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
ButterflyChemist said:
^^^ this is the accurate answer, unless the position has a wage of $49 per hour or above in which case it would be processed in a few days.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
It is in the high wage category but this alone doesn't make it qualify for expedited processing, since it's not a high demand NOC, you'd need a much higher wage for it to happen, as mentioned above.

However, I think it's best waiting a bit longer but have a positive answer than get expedited processing and receive a negative one. A very high wage, higher than what would be expected for the position offered and/or for the specific employer, could potentially do more harm than good. So keep being patient and good luck with the outcome!

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
I'm not trying to speed anything up by any means,

Just letting it takes it course and waiting it out!

I know its classed as a high wage for this particular job type but not as an overall wage in alberta.

My permit expires the 4th of September, ill probably have to change to visitor for a couple of weeks, extended vacation time :)

jaybakerca

Jul 30, 2014
beholder69 said:
It is in the high wage category but this alone doesn't make it qualify for expedited processing, since it's not a high demand NOC, you'd need a much higher wage for it to happen, as mentioned above.

However, I think it's best waiting a bit longer but have a positive answer than get expedited processing and receive a negative one. A very high wage, higher than what would be expected for the position offered and/or for the specific employer, could potentially do more harm than good. So keep being patient and good luck with the outcome!
Yeah, ive heard of situations where employers have given their employee an unbelievable pay increase to fall within certain pay criteria and it just makes it worse..

upto 12 weeks? I can do that!

Thanks, even if its not accurate, to have more of at timeline is better, especially after hearing some people have been waiting 6-7 months :/

Rut

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
12-01-2016
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
If you already have LMIA case number you dont need to stop working. Just apply for work permit extencion. You will probably get 2 months wp extencion. You have to apply 2 weeks before yours current wp expiry date.

cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Regards

jaybakerca said:
I'm not trying to speed anything up by any means,

Just letting it takes it course and waiting it out!

I know its classed as a high wage for this particular job type but not as an overall wage in alberta.

My permit expires the 4th of September, ill probably have to change to visitor for a couple of weeks, extended vacation time :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaybakerca said:
I was previously told that because my work permit is through IEC canada, that i cannot extend my work permit?
Correct. IECs are different from other work permits. They don't benefit from implied status. So you have to stop working as soon as your IEC expires if you don't have a new work permit already approved.