+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Many people say it just takes 1-2 months only. Is there anyone who got it in 1-2 months? 4 months to 1 years seems to be a long period of time.
In this entire thread i haven't not seen anyone getting it in 1-2 months (except talent global stream, which is 10 business days). I myself have an application in place and fee was deducted on September 22nd and there is no update yet.

Last i called service canada, they said Case officer has been assigned to your file, so it doesn't look like there is any problem, its just easily 4 months process.

Even website of service canada shows approximate time 85 business days and 95 business days for low wage earners and high wage earners respectively.

cdddelhi

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi. All my employer saying lmia is already approved by esdc. He asked me for documents for next process . Now how much time it will take to get 50 points. Kindly advise the complete process

Thanks in advance

lobsterwang

Dec 23, 2019
Hi,
I have focused on this forum for nearly one year.
Thanks for sharing the information.
Recently, I got a positive LMIA and I would like to share the timeline.

NOC: 2141 High wage
Advertising from April 2019 to July 2019
Submitting and fee deduction in August 2019
No update until early December, the employer got a file number
20 December, positive LMIA

I hope this could be a little helpful, though it was a little bit different from most cases I learned here.

Cheers!

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,
I have focused on this forum for nearly one year.
Thanks for sharing the information.
Recently, I got a positive LMIA and I would like to share the timeline.

NOC: 2141 High wage
Advertising from April 2019 to July 2019
Submitting and fee deduction in August 2019
No update until early December, the employer got a file number
20 December, positive LMIA

I hope this could be a little helpful, though it was a little bit different from most cases I learned here.

Cheers!
Congratulations, Do you have the date on which File was submitted and fee was deducted? If it was mid august, looks like this was perfectly on par with 80 Business days timeline suggested by Service canada

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Everyone that posts here either has positive LMIA or pending for decision. How come we don't see even single negative LMIA? Do people just don't want to post once they get negative decision?

lobsterwang

Dec 23, 2019
Congratulations, Do you have the date on which File was submitted and fee was deducted? If it was mid august, looks like this was perfectly on par with 80 Business days timeline suggested by Service canada
Sorry. I don't know the specific date either, as the lawyer did all the application work on the behalf our my employer.
I can only get some updated messages from my HR manager, not much detail information.
As you mentioned, it seems perfectly meet the 80 business days, more like a Christmas gift for me.

Reactions: Harjitsandhu

Harjitsandhu

Jan 5, 2020
My lmia fees pay 18 july paper submit employer interview also done 2august come confirmation mail from edsc but lmia approval pending more than 5 month lmia for long haul truck driver any know about how many time more for decisio

Harjitsandhu

Jan 5, 2020
helo sory but i have a question ... my employer got LMIA request with file NO. before 15 days ago bit till now he didnt get the LMIA approval, so how long it takes ? the job was mentioned as long haul truck driver
You recvied lmia aprroval or not

bosco2814

Jan 5, 2020
My girlfriend and I have applied LMIA since SEP 2019, there is no update until now.

Submitting on 4th Sep 2019, application received on 9th Sep 2019.
Fee deducted on 31st OCT 2019

I thought the application take 3 months only because my colleague did the same process last year.
Currently, I lost my status because I received the wp refuse email yesterday.
It mentioned that I have 90days to do the restoration.
However, I need to do that with the Positive LMIA result.

My girlfriend did the same process 2 weeks later than me but she has not received any wp refuse email.
But I believe that she will have the same problem 2 to 3 weeks later.

That's a nightmare for us. Both of us cannot work until getting the new wp.

What should we do if the worse case happens, which is both of us cannot receive the positive LMIA before the 90 days ended?
Should we apply for a visitor visa and back to our home country while waiting?
Is it harder to get a wp outland?
If it happens, could I get back to Canada with the visitor visa and apply the new wp inland?

Harjitsandhu

Jan 5, 2020
My girlfriend and I have applied LMIA since SEP 2019, there is no update until now.

Submitting on 4th Sep 2019, application received on 9th Sep 2019.
Fee deducted on 31st OCT 2019

I thought the application take 3 months only because my colleague did the same process last year.
Currently, I lost my status because I received the wp refuse email yesterday.
It mentioned that I have 90days to do the restoration.
However, I need to do that with the Positive LMIA result.

My girlfriend did the same process 2 weeks later than me but she has not received any wp refuse email.
But I believe that she will have the same problem 2 to 3 weeks later.

That's a nightmare for us. Both of us cannot work until getting the new wp.

What should we do if the worse case happens, which is both of us cannot receive the positive LMIA before the 90 days ended?
Should we apply for a visitor visa and back to our home country while waiting?
Is it harder to get a wp outland?
If it happens, could I get back to Canada with the visitor visa and apply the new wp inland?
You got refusual workpermit or l