+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

sukhdev28

Apr 17, 2018
Applied for dual intent LMIA with Noc 6311 food service supervisor in Vancouver, Bc on 19th April 2019 and got the positive response 24th August 2019.
Good luck to everyone :)
Hello
I am apply 23 April 2019 food Service supervisor still waiting interview cal

vcbear

Oct 4, 2019
Hi,

I have worked in ON province for 1 year already and decide to apply this project.
Apply: 2019/06/23
Get file number: 2019/06/27
Received email from officer asking further information: 2019/09/19
Phone interview: 2019/09/24
Approved positive letter: 2019/09/26 !!!

Total 3 Months ! Praise the Lord !

kishan heka

Oct 6, 2019
Hi
I received job offer on December 25 2018.
Position for line cook.
Till now no LMIA from British Columbia.
Guys I m waiting for nothing or I will get my LMIA.

kishan heka

Oct 6, 2019
Hi
I received job offer on December 25 2018.
Position for line cook.
Till now no LMIA from British Columbia.
Guys I m waiting for nothing or I will get my LMIA.

RasulAk

Oct 11, 2019
My employer has applied an LMIA for me for NOC# 7303 on the 7th of August with the wage 28$ but we haven’t received any reply yet. How long does it take to be approved? And what is the process until it would be approved? Will he receive a telephone call to be interviewed?

Riri Marcelo

Oct 18, 2018
Is there anybody waiting here for their LMIA? Bound to Edmonton Alberta? Is it true that there are still backlog in the system?
FSS here. Thank you!

farsha

Mar 28, 2019
hello guys did anybody got work permit in india with online appliocation?if yes please share time line i got LMIA and i applied online application india pls help

upadhyay

Feb 18, 2015
Hello !!

One of my friend from India met to lawyer and he asked him to apply for LMIA as my friend wants to immigrate in Canada and only LMIA option left for him. First he took visitor visa and then he applied for LIMA in November 2017. He got interview call in April 2018. and after that nothing progressed.

Is it possible to get LMIA from India ? If yes, then it took that long to get approved ?

Between Nov 2017 to now there is addition in his family, (birth of baby boy) when he asked lawyer that do he need to update ? Lawyer said no. as he born after application applied so he doesn't need to update it. As per me he should update in to the additional family member. Am I right ?

Please let me know.

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
hello guys did anybody got work permit in india with online appliocation?if yes please share time line i got LMIA and i applied online application india pls help
Work permit from india is showing average processing time of 5 weeks, these times are pretty accurate.

YAQ93

Oct 23, 2019
Hey guys. I read this post a lot of times while I was waiting for my Lmia. Now I got my Lima so I’d like to share my time line as a reference for everyone.

Job tittle : Registered Pharmacy Technician NOC# 3219

Submit documents : May 04/2019

Fee deduction: June 02/2019

Interview: Oct 20/2019

Got email for positive Lmia 30 mins after interview

Nothing ever happened during the time of waiting. The Officer just randomly called my boss in the morning. The interview was only like 10 mins. Although the officer said she would made decision in the next 1-2 days, we got confirmation in 30 mins .

I know waiting for Lmi a is really annoying especially as my situation is i am in my implied status. But finally I got it !!!!

For whoever is waiting, good luck !

Last edited:

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Hi Fabio ,

I will be interested to see if your MP can help. I have heard lots of different stories about MPs , mostly good!

We are waiting for an LMIA response also .

Okay guys, finally I had some time to breathe so here it is what happened, hopefully this information will be helpful to some of you.

Province BC - High Wage Stream
LMIA number received April 30th 2019
Called on August 22nd, unable to get any info about LMIA
Called today, September 3rd 2019, file still pending and not assigned to an officer....we are over the estimated 85 business days
Asked for help to the local MP, will see what happens
Called again, finally I am told that file was assigned to an office on September 6th
MP after a couple of weeks tell me that I should receive a call within the 2nd of October
October 1st I receive a call from the officer and we decide to schedule the interview on the 2nd as officer required more info. In the evening I receive an email requesting this additional info:

Ø (1) CRA Documents

The non-official CRA documents included in your LMIA application are outdated. Provide a copy of your most recent T2 Schedules 100 + 125 issued from the CRA itself to determine XXX’s ability to fulfill the financial obligations of hiring one full-time employee in the position of ###, as identified on the LMIA application.

Ø (2) Job Match services

Effective August 28, 2017, you must use the Job Match service for recruitment purposes when advertising a position on Job Bank.

The Job Match service allows you to see anonymous profiles of registered job seekers, which correspond to the skills and requirements, outlined in your job posting. Each match is rated using a star system of one to five stars. The more stars received by the match, the greater the compatibility between your advertised position and the anonymous job seeker.

When creating your job posting, you must select the ‘’default’’ option. This option allows matches with job seekers from a wide variety of background as opposed to the ‘’strict’’ matching mode, where matches may be limited to fewer job seekers.

When seeking to fill a high-wage position, you are required to invite all job seekers matched within the first 30 days of your job advertisement to apply for the position if they are rated four stars or more.

§ Submit a printed copy of the “Activity Report” from the Employer Module (accessed by employers) – Advertisement ID XXXX

Ø (3) Proof of “Ongoing” Advertisement [Time and Duration]

· All advertisements must have occurred during the three (3) months prior to the submission of your Labour Market Impact Assessment application.

· All advertisements must have run for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks (28 days) prior to the submission of your Labour Market Impact Assessment application.

· The copies of the advertisements must confirm the dates and the length of time the advertisements were posted.

· Employers must continue to advertise the available position in at least one source to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date they receive notification that a positive or negative LMIA has been issued.

§ Provide a copy of one ongoing advertisement that would have been continuously posted from the very beginning until present [without gaps in between].

Ø (4) Proof of minimum advertisement “National in Scope” Required

Your LMIA application package does not include a “National in Scope” advertisement meeting our program requirements.

§ Provide a copy of www.indeed.ca print media advertisement indicating the web source and the duration of the posting.

Ø (5) Proof of minimum advertisement Required [3rd Source]

Your LMIA application package does not include a 3rd Source of advertisement meeting our program requirements.

§ Submit a copy of print media as follows:

Proof of advertisement

•a copy of the advertisement and information to support where, when and for how long the position was advertised including full content of the advertisement.

Ø (6) Staffing Level Required

§ Provide the list of employees on payroll (including the owners if listed on payroll) stating both job titles and status in Canada.

Ø (7) Recruitment Results

Confirm if you had any applicants since you first submitted your LMIA application on (date)

· Number of applications/resumes received from Canadians/permanent residents:

· Number of Canadian/permanent resident applicants interviewed:

· Number of Canadians/permanent residents offered the position:

· Number of Canadians/permanent residents hired:

· Number of offers declined by Canadian/permanent resident applicants:

· Number of Canadian/permanent resident applicants who were not qualified for the job:

· Describe reasons why unqualified applicants were not selected:

Let me know should you have any questions.

I provided all the above info (some of them were already supplied like the job ads, but I re-send them), interview was quite long, over 1hr and we had some back and forth about "national in scope" as our Indeed job posting was sponsored with quite a bit of money and that was somehow new to the officer. I had to clarify all of the above, we went through all the pages of the LMIA and we ended the call without any final decision taken (was quite late when we finished).
Following day Officer calls back with a few more questions regarding one ex employee that got PR denied because of an error filling up his paperwork (employee filled up Express Entry himself without paying enough attention to all the details). I explained what happened and finally got approval at the end of the day.

Thank you
Fab

canadavisaQs

Aug 15, 2019
Okay guys, finally I had some time to breathe so here it is what happened, hopefully this information will be helpful to some of you.

Province BC - High Wage Stream
LMIA number received April 30th 2019
Called on August 22nd, unable to get any info about LMIA
Called today, September 3rd 2019, file still pending and not assigned to an officer....we are over the estimated 85 business days
Asked for help to the local MP, will see what happens
Called again, finally I am told that file was assigned to an office on September 6th
MP after a couple of weeks tell me that I should receive a call within the 2nd of October
October 1st I receive a call from the officer and we decide to schedule the interview on the 2nd as officer required more info. In the evening I receive an email requesting this additional info:

Ø (1) CRA Documents

The non-official CRA documents included in your LMIA application are outdated. Provide a copy of your most recent T2 Schedules 100 + 125 issued from the CRA itself to determine XXX’s ability to fulfill the financial obligations of hiring one full-time employee in the position of ###, as identified on the LMIA application.

Ø (2) Job Match services

Effective August 28, 2017, you must use the Job Match service for recruitment purposes when advertising a position on Job Bank.

The Job Match service allows you to see anonymous profiles of registered job seekers, which correspond to the skills and requirements, outlined in your job posting. Each match is rated using a star system of one to five stars. The more stars received by the match, the greater the compatibility between your advertised position and the anonymous job seeker.

When creating your job posting, you must select the ‘’default’’ option. This option allows matches with job seekers from a wide variety of background as opposed to the ‘’strict’’ matching mode, where matches may be limited to fewer job seekers.

When seeking to fill a high-wage position, you are required to invite all job seekers matched within the first 30 days of your job advertisement to apply for the position if they are rated four stars or more.

§ Submit a printed copy of the “Activity Report” from the Employer Module (accessed by employers) – Advertisement ID XXXX

Ø (3) Proof of “Ongoing” Advertisement [Time and Duration]

· All advertisements must have occurred during the three (3) months prior to the submission of your Labour Market Impact Assessment application.

· All advertisements must have run for a minimum of 4 consecutive weeks (28 days) prior to the submission of your Labour Market Impact Assessment application.

· The copies of the advertisements must confirm the dates and the length of time the advertisements were posted.

· Employers must continue to advertise the available position in at least one source to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date they receive notification that a positive or negative LMIA has been issued.

§ Provide a copy of one ongoing advertisement that would have been continuously posted from the very beginning until present [without gaps in between].

Ø (4) Proof of minimum advertisement “National in Scope” Required

Your LMIA application package does not include a “National in Scope” advertisement meeting our program requirements.

§ Provide a copy of www.indeed.ca print media advertisement indicating the web source and the duration of the posting.

Ø (5) Proof of minimum advertisement Required [3rd Source]

Your LMIA application package does not include a 3rd Source of advertisement meeting our program requirements.

§ Submit a copy of print media as follows:

Proof of advertisement

•a copy of the advertisement and information to support where, when and for how long the position was advertised including full content of the advertisement.

Ø (6) Staffing Level Required

§ Provide the list of employees on payroll (including the owners if listed on payroll) stating both job titles and status in Canada.

Ø (7) Recruitment Results

Confirm if you had any applicants since you first submitted your LMIA application on (date)

· Number of applications/resumes received from Canadians/permanent residents:

· Number of Canadian/permanent resident applicants interviewed:

· Number of Canadians/permanent residents offered the position:

· Number of Canadians/permanent residents hired:

· Number of offers declined by Canadian/permanent resident applicants:

· Number of Canadian/permanent resident applicants who were not qualified for the job:

· Describe reasons why unqualified applicants were not selected:

Let me know should you have any questions.

I provided all the above info (some of them were already supplied like the job ads, but I re-send them), interview was quite long, over 1hr and we had some back and forth about "national in scope" as our Indeed job posting was sponsored with quite a bit of money and that was somehow new to the officer. I had to clarify all of the above, we went through all the pages of the LMIA and we ended the call without any final decision taken (was quite late when we finished).
Following day Officer calls back with a few more questions regarding one ex employee that got PR denied because of an error filling up his paperwork (employee filled up Express Entry himself without paying enough attention to all the details). I explained what happened and finally got approval at the end of the day.

Thank you
Fab
Congratulations, do you mind anwering couple of questions.

What does MP means?

Also, what is the NOC for this job?

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hi all,

Just giving some hope to people who are waiting for LMIA and give a piece of advice. If it has been 25 weeks since you've applied and you've had no answer, have your employer call Service Canada to escalate the file. This escalation is only possible after 25 weeks but it works, my employer called on Friday, asked for an escalation, and received the interview call from Service Canada today. It had been 7 months with no news from them, and this took 2 business days. Now we're in the process of giving the documents they asked and fingers crossed they'll reach a decision soon.

harshitagulati03

Nov 10, 2017
Hi All,

My boss received the interview call yesterday and the lady seemed to be really rude and kept saying that did we try to hire canadian. she didn’t give the answer and said she’ll talk to her team lead and decide. she was being a bully and giving hard time. i’m scared