+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
Hi
I am from india
My employer applied my application in canada this week ,i just want to know that if there is any difference in processing time to aaply from india or canada
I am confused
Please help
Thanks in advance

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
Hi
I am from india
My employer applied my application in canada this week ,i just want to know that if there is any difference in processing time to aaply from india or canada
I am confused
Please help
Thanks in advance

Gill deep

May 27, 2018
According to my knowledge your chances are higher to get it soon
And pls inform me when you get any response and i will also inform you if i get any
Thank you
Hi
I am from india
I am confused
Please help
Thanks in advance

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
Members - The company HR told me that the lawyers applied for LMIA after all the job recruiting and all that stuff on August 14th. This was done from Toronto, ON. Does anyone have any idea how long does it take for approval? Mine is a High Wage LMIA for a Planning Manager Position. Not sure if it has a NOC.

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
I got an email from my potential employer this morning asking me to send a copy of my Passport Biodata Page (they said that IRCC requested for it). Do you happen to know why IRCC would ask for the passport page when the LMIA application goes to ESDC for evaluation?

I am working in the US on H1B, and my LMIA is a High Wage Applied on Aug 14th and Aug 21 is when they contacted (emailed) the employer and requested few documents like front passport page, US visa copy and my re-entry right to the US.

They haven't called my employer yet for the interview. Can someone let me know what is going on with my LMIA?

Thank you!

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Members - The company HR told me that the lawyers applied for LMIA after all the job recruiting and all that stuff on August 14th. This was done from Toronto, ON. Does anyone have any idea how long does it take for approval? Mine is a High Wage LMIA for a Planning Manager Position. Not sure if it has a NOC.
It take approx. 3/3.5 months to get positive LMIA

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
It take approx. 3/3.5 months to get positive LMIA
Thanks, Kartik. I have a few questions for you.

1. Was yours a High Wage LMIA?
2. How long was it they first contacted your employer after your initial submission of the LMIA application?
3. I qualify under the "Top 10% wage earners eligible for ten-day speed of service" as mentioned in the Canadian Govt. Website. What are the chances the Govt. will honor it? They already made a first contact with the employer for a passport front page copy on August 21.

frostmill

Jul 3, 2018
Members - Just an update of my LMIA. I got to know from my HR that my LMIA got approved and they received the Fax on Aug 30. Service Canada took like 3 days more than their promised 10-day business processing. The company was very supportive and had good coordination with the Service Canada.

I believe a lot of people here ask a lot of questions about LMIA before it gets approved and never follows through after they get the LMIA; so I wanted to make sure I let my result know which would help future people reading this thread have some additional information. I hope that you will hear some positive news on your LMIAs. Good luck people!

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Members - Just an update of my LMIA. I got to know from my HR that my LMIA got approved and they received the Fax on Aug 30. Service Canada took like 3 days more than their promised 10-day business processing. The company was very supportive and had good coordination with the Service Canada.

I believe a lot of people here ask a lot of questions about LMIA before it gets approved and never follows through after they get the LMIA; so I wanted to make sure I let my result know which would help future people reading this thread have some additional information. I hope that you will hear some positive news on your LMIAs. Good luck people!
Good luck with your work permit application!

th_10

Oct 5, 2017
Hi everyone,

My friend recently had their LMIA refused - for the third time! The second and third time was based on one reason and that was because their employer jokingly said they're so desperate to hire that they can even hire kids if that was allowed. Of course the officer processing the case took that very seriously!

Now, the immigration consultant that works with the employer suggested that if they were to apply for LMIA for a 4th time then she would sit with the employer and help prepare for the interview. Why she didn't help the employer prepare from the very first time, I have no damn clue. My question is, wouldn't applying for a LMIA from the same employer for the 4th time be very risky? CIC would see that as a red flag. Should they try to appeal by writing an explanation letter? Thoughts?

Much appreciated.

Guri Bhangu

Aug 1, 2016
What’s the processing period these days to add name into pre approved LMIA I’m in Winnipeg and LMIA is of Long haul truck driver.

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Hi guys, is there anyone who is applying for LMIA in Quebec? If there is, would you know how long is the processing time?
My employer will be applying this week (after 1 month online posting). Best regards to everyone

Navin312

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Hi all actually me also in kind of same situation my wp expired and i already applied for extention with new employer 1 week before expiry but my lmia has not been approved yet and the employer still didnt get any call anyone has any idea or have been through this please let me know

Thanks