+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

Pink81

Mar 25, 2016
Second Chance said:
puru87 said:
Second Chance said:
God is good!

My application for LMIA was approved. NOC 6211 here in Calgary.

April 15, 2016: LMIA application submitted.
April 20, 2016: Requested lacking document. lacking document submitted by fax.
April 25, 2016: Employer interviewed.
May 4, 2016: LMIA approved.

Wow so fast. Were in the same NOC mine was submitted jan 18 and still waiting
Would you mind to share your wages offer?
You said it's a high skilled
thank you

applesweet

May 5, 2016
hi, all!
I'm new to this forum. I have been working as a cook/operation manager on a restaurant for a year outside Canada. Now my friend in Sasketchewan can offer me a job that is related to my work experience. The restaurant is hiring 4 staff (not including the 2 employers). Is it very difficult for them to apply LMIA?

Besides, I don't have work permit, how can I find the job that is for foreigners without working permit?

Many thanks

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
applesweet said:
hi, all!
I'm new to this forum. I have been working as a cook/operation manager on a restaurant for a year outside Canada. Now my friend in Sasketchewan can offer me a job that is related to my work experience. The restaurant is hiring 4 staff (not including the 2 employers). Is it very difficult for them to apply LMIA?

Besides, I don't have work permit, how can I find the job that is for foreigners without working permit?

Many thanks
Yes. It is a difficult process and usually it takes few weeks to few months to be evaluated. It's not impossible though. When the LMIA is approved, your employer will get a letter that will allow you to apply for a work permit.

There are a bunch of requirements that will be taken into account for the evaluation. Check out the link below.
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/en/foreign_workers/hire/permanent/overview.page

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Application Type: High Wage
NOC: 2175

1st Attempt:
Documents Received by ESDC: March 31 2016
Documents were returned a week later. missing some documents

2nd Attempt:
Documents Received by ESDC: April 18 2016
Status: ESDC confirmed with the employer the application is under process

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Do you guys know what the LMIA process is like after the documents are submitted to ESDC?

For example, should the employer continue with interviewing more people? would ESDC call employer or the candidate mentioned in LMIA application for questions? If yes, what would they ask from each person. What is the average processing time for an LIMA application?

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
AmirHNK said:
Do you guys know what the LMIA process is like after the documents are submitted to ESDC?

For example, should the employer continue with interviewing more people? would ESDC call employer or the candidate mentioned in LMIA application for questions? If yes, what would they ask from each person. What is the average processing time for an LIMA application?
In theory, the employer should continue interviewing candidates as the LMIA is just an alternative if an employer can't find any qualified Canadian worker. However, I don't believe that anyone who is applying for a LMIA is going to keep interviewing people after the application is submitted.

If there are any missing documents, they will send a notification asking for additional documents. Once they have all the documents, they will evaluate them and call your employer. I don't know which kind of question they ask, but usually it takes around 30 min to 1 hour. The decision comes after the call - usually it takes one or two days, but I've seen cases that took a month. When it comes to LMIA, there isn't any standard.

The time that takes to get the call is another thing that has no pattern. It can take 2 weeks or 4 months. Nobody knows and the only thing they will tell you if you call is that it is being processed (very frustrating).

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Funbox said:
In theory, the employer should continue interviewing candidates as the LMIA is just an alternative if an employer can't find any qualified Canadian worker. However, I don't believe that anyone who is applying for a LMIA is going to keep interviewing people after the application is submitted.

If there are any missing documents, they will send a notification asking for additional documents. Once they have all the documents, they will evaluate them and call your employer. I don't know which kind of question they ask, but usually it takes around 30 min to 1 hour. The decision comes after the call - usually it takes one or two days, but I've seen cases that took a month. When it comes to LMIA, there isn't any standard.

The time that takes to get the call is another thing that has no pattern. It can take 2 weeks or 4 months. Nobody knows and the only thing they will tell you if you call is that it is being processed (very frustrating).
Thanks for your quick and detailed response!

Kashyap272

Nov 3, 2014
Hello all,

I work in ON in NOC 2174 on PGWP. My employer is trying to apply for LMIA to support my permanent residency.

We are posting ads on job bank, indeed and career owl. Will that be enough?

I would love to get any suggestions. i.e. what should be included in transition plan? or Job ad requirements? So I could try my best in application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Funbox

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Kashyap272 said:
Hello all,

I work in ON in NOC 2174 on PGWP. My employer is trying to apply for LMIA to support my permanent residency.

We are posting ads on job bank, indeed and career owl. Will that be enough?

I would love to get any suggestions. i.e. what should be included in transition plan? or Job ad requirements? So I could try my best in application.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I believe these three web sites you mentioned are enough. I have the same NOC and we are using Job Bank, Indeed and Monster. We also included the company website just in case but we know they don't really take this one into account. I know that Indeed has a national scope and I guess this Career Owl too.
You need to keep the Job Bank advertisement posted during all the process. If it is possible I'd suggest keeping posted all of them. Regarding the advertisement requirements, the more complete and detailed it is, the better.

mulho

Apr 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
In my case I believe ESDC has requested more evidences of candidates interviewed after the LMIA application was submited.