+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA Application Fee Question

Yakisoba_S

Feb 11, 2014
Hi all,

My company has prepared an LMIA application for me (I'm currently here on a NAFTA visa). My question is whether we have to pay the application fee or not, as ESCD indicates that this is waived if companies are applying only in support of a PR application. Could someone confirm whether this is still the case given that I am currently working at the company on another type of visa?

Also, assuming that we can submit without paying the fee, is there any possible way in which a rejected LMIA application could hurt me in EE? I know the approval rate on these applications is pretty dismal, and I'm trying to think ahead. Would I have to submit any information about this to CIC if it doesn't go through?

Without the 600 additional points an LMIA would give me, I'm pretty well hooped at 385 points. I'm already maxed out on educational and language points, and unless I pull a Benjamin Buttons, there is no way I can get any points in the age category. I really need this LMIA, and soon, unless I want to shell out another $300 for the IELTS when my current results expire in December. :-(

Grateful as always for any input.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- Correct, no need to pay the $1,000 fee if the application is supporting a PR application.
- An LMIA refusal will not harm your Express Entry application.

Yakisoba_S

Feb 11, 2014
One more quick question: what is the deadline for the application relative to the expiration of the job bank posting? I thought I saw 3 months, but I can't remember and can't find it on ESDC. Does anyone know?