+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hi relaxgurl, congrats if your hubby get his LC2. What is your timeline and what country your from? Thanks? I ask my dependent but no LC2 yet he said :(

Elite

Jun 20, 2014
Hi, I'm from Philippines, I took 6 months caregiver but that was not my career now. My question is how can I apply for a work in Canada as a caregiver? Can I apply even i did not practice it? Or can you recommend me an Agency here in the Philippines who can deploy caregiver in Canada? Thank you.

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi,
I m live in care giver ,did apply for PR in dec/2011 and also include my husband's name in my application .I got my OPEN Work permit in Mar/2012.in Oct/2013 I got letter from CIC mention that they transfer my file without first approval to local office for further assessment, when they complete processing ,then will let me know decision by mail. last week Immigration officer went to my home country and did inquiry about my marriage that is it genius or not ? and ask many people's around my in-laws home .and confirm about my marriage and also investigate that did i stay with my husband after marriage or not..everyone gave answer .yes this is genius marriage and also let them know that last month she come to here and stayed with her hubby.plz reply me if some had same experience or some one advise me that why they went to my home country for investigation ..I didn't get AIP and my husband didn't get LC2.then why they investigate without, give me approval ? and will they can ask me for interview before AIP.Plz reply

Thanks

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Elite said:
Hi, I'm from Philippines, I took 6 months caregiver but that was not my career now. My question is how can I apply for a work in Canada as a caregiver? Can I apply even i did not practice it? Or can you recommend me an Agency here in the Philippines who can deploy caregiver in Canada? Thank you.
When did you take your 6 months training?

jenny78

Jun 29, 2014
Hello to everyone, Meron lng po Sana aqng ita2nong dumating po aq décembre 19,2012 till now nagwo2rk prin aq sa amo q as babysitters/nannies.May work permit expired on novembre 30,2014.pwede n po b aqng mag apply ng open permit/PR?p2no qng lilipat po aq ng ibang employer?ano2 po ung mga requirements?gusto q pong mag stay longer dto sa canada ano2 po ulit ung mga requirements para manatili po aqng mag stay and find à new job?Sana po mtulungan nio po aq sa mga tanong ko.salamat at God bless

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hi jenny78. My friend same your situation. She start work as live in caregiver in October 2011 and her work permit expire October 2013 but she apply for another "closed work permit" with her employer in September because she complete her 24 months caregiver in November 2013. Because if she not extend her closed permit and she wait for her OWP and if more than 3 mos that she have no work permit then her implied status will not be valid and she become "no status". She send her PR/OWP aplication in Dec 2013 and until now she waiting for her OWP.

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Elite said:
Your training must be within the past 3 years if it is already beyond this period then you cannot use your training to apply under LCP. It doesnt matter if you practice or not as long as it is still valid (within 3years). Just apply at www.jobbank.gc.ca, no need for a placement agency as they charge so much $$$$! I was able to get hired by my employer on this website and i did not spend a single $ to come to Canada.

jpaulianne

Star Member
Oct 21, 2011
AB, Canada
mylady833 said:
Your training must be within the past 3 years if it is already beyond this period then you cannot use your training to apply under LCP. It doesnt matter if you practice or not as long as it is still valid (within 3years). Just apply at www.jobbank.gc.ca, no need for a placement agency as they charge so much $$$$! I was able to get hired by my employer on this website and i did not spend a single $ to come to Canada.
I agree with you mylady, i got mine at jobbank too, when i was in Hongkong i try to go on different website but jobbank is much better than the other's , because the employers from Canada needs to advertise their recruits and Jobbank is one of the site required of Service Canada for Canada Employers for them to process their LMO's at that time..

When i got the Employer, they interviewed me on SKYPE then we did our communication thru email, until i process my working visa,. I did pay my visa processing fee and medical fee at Canada Immigration in HK but the plane ticket coming here in Alberta is my Employer responsibility. :D

Now i've been here for two years and way to go for PR status.., until here, i can't even think that i made it thru this day, all worth it. We just have to Be resourceful, think of many ways to improved ourselves and Just Be Patient..everything will be okay in time.. ;D

Goodluck to Everyone Here..! :p

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
@mytammy Jamaica and still waiting. ...from June they get medical n police report for lc2.

annemarie91104

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
Aman82 said:
Hi,
I m live in care giver ,did apply for PR in dec/2011 and also include my husband's name in my application .I got my OPEN Work permit in Mar/2012.in Oct/2013 I got letter from CIC mention that they transfer my file without first approval to local office for further assessment, when they complete processing ,then will let me know decision by mail. last week Immigration officer went to my home country and did inquiry about my marriage that is it genius or not ? and ask many people's around my in-laws home .and confirm about my marriage and also investigate that did i stay with my husband after marriage or not..everyone gave answer .yes this is genius marriage and also let them know that last month she come to here and stayed with her hubby.plz reply me if some had same experience or some one advise me that why they went to my home country for investigation ..I didn't get AIP and my husband didn't get LC2.then why they investigate without, give me approval ? and will they can ask me for interview before AIP.Plz reply

Thanks

hi they will not investigate if not suspicious sa marriage mo...for sure may "something" just wait nlng sa decision ng cic...goodluck.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
mylady833 said:
OWP is renewable, you should make sure that you renew it before it expires. And as i have read in other post pending PR application does not give you a status to remain in Canada. You should have a valid status like work, student or tourist to stay.
Thanks for your help mylady833
God bless