+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Thank you for your time to clarify all the short cut letters. So how we know if LC2 kit apply to our dependent? Because I read in another post that some PR applicants who apply in 2012 they do not receive LC2 kit. They said they go straight to Desision Made. Im stress about this waiting period.

littledipper

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-February 2011, LC2-July 2013
AOR Received.
March 26, 2014
Med's Request
March 26, 2014
Med's Done....
May 6, 2014 medical result receive August 6, 2014
Interview........
Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
mytammy said:
Thank you for your time to clarify all the short cut letters. So how we know if LC2 kit apply to our dependent? Because I read in another post that some PR applicants who apply in 2012 they do not receive LC2 kit. They said they go straight to Desision Made. Im stress about this waiting period.
I guess when we receive the AIP the ecas will be updated to decision made, then the processing of the application of our dependants starts when they submit their lc2 kits to responsible visa offices and the visa office will issue the aor with the file #. How about you do you have dependants and from which country are you from? When did you apply for pr?

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
I'm from Philippines and i only have 1 dependent in our country. I apply Oct 2012 and I receive email from receive to in process in Dec 2013. I ask my dependent if they receive letter from embassy but they said no. So you think its long time for embassy to contact or send letter or lc2 to my dependent?

littledipper

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-February 2011, LC2-July 2013
AOR Received.
March 26, 2014
Med's Request
March 26, 2014
Med's Done....
May 6, 2014 medical result receive August 6, 2014
Interview........
Soon...
Passport Req..
Soon...
VISA ISSUED...
Soon...
LANDED..........
Soon...
mytammy said:
I'm from Philippines and i only have 1 dependent in our country. I apply Oct 2012 and I receive email from receive to in process in Dec 2013. I ask my dependent if they receive letter from embassy but they said no. So you think its long time for embassy to contact or send letter or lc2 to my dependent?
If they will imply the new procedures with your application which is to process the LC2 in canada instead of CEM to reduce the backlog well i guess you won't have to wait for a long time but who knows it all depends to CIC whats gonna happen next and how long will it take, but your lucky because you only have to wait a year for AIP unlike us 2010-2011 applicants we waited for 2 yrs. for AIP, well let's just hope for the best.

sky_free

Feb 4, 2013
hi.i am applying for a live in caregiver.i am done with my medical last Jan 28. i am completing the requirements. would the hospital or center where i undergo my medical will call me or update me if my medical results are already sent to the embassy? Because based on the letter the embassy gave me, the panel physician should be named, the date when my panel physician submitted the result will also be given to them(embassy).i am waiting for their call. Another thing is i am also renewing my passport,because it also state that it should be with minimum of two years. my passport will expire on 2016.more or less its two years.thats why..plsssss...respond to my questions? lastly do u think after this medical how long does it take to have my visa? thanks much....

she_0713

Apr 21, 2014
sky_free said:
hi.i am applying for a live in caregiver.i am done with my medical last Jan 28. i am completing the requirements. would the hospital or center where i undergo my medical will call me or update me if my medical results are already sent to the embassy? Because based on the letter the embassy gave me, the panel physician should be named, the date when my panel physician submitted the result will also be given to them(embassy).i am waiting for their call. Another thing is i am also renewing my passport,because it also state that it should be with minimum of two years. my passport will expire on 2016.more or less its two years.thats why..plsssss...respond to my questions? lastly do u think after this medical how long does it take to have my visa? thanks much....

[/quote
hi sis hows your visa application is it approve already?? i just applied april 8 also and there no update yet

she_0713

Apr 21, 2014
sky_free said:
hi sis when did you submit your requirements

jessy_li

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I got email on 21th May 2014, and next day they sent the medical exam forms to me. I applied on Jan 2013 and got OWP on May 2013. I have husband and one daughter, she is studying in BC now.
CIC ask her criminal check and schedule A as well because she will be 18 on this August.
I already booked the medical exam for them both on 13th June and applied her criminal check today.
It is really quick for us. :D

mylady833

Sep 28, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2013
Doc's Request.
Aip May 15, 2014, DM July 12,2014
Interview........
07-08-2014
LANDED..........
07-08-2014
Julsen said:
Hi Everyone!
I want to thank you all for your help on this thread.
Please i'd like to ask a few questions that i'm not sure about, though i'm not sure it's directly related to topics discussed there.

What happens after a person's OWP expires? Is it renewable? For instance , in the case where a person is issued an OWP that expires same date as is on their passport(2015 for instance), does it mean they have to leave the country after?

Secondly,will the person be allowed to remain in the country based on having submitted an application for PR?
I ask because from the info on the CIC website, it takes an LIC 36 months to get PR. But if an OWP is just for a year, then what will be the status after it expires while still waiting for another 2years to get a response on my PR application?

This matter really bothers me. Please do you know anyone who has or is in similar situation? what did they do?

Does anyone have an idea?
OWP is renewable, you should make sure that you renew it before it expires. And as i have read in other post pending PR application does not give you a status to remain in Canada. You should have a valid status like work, student or tourist to stay.

jessy_li

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
littledipper said:
Hi,

AIP - approved in principles
LIC - live in caregiver ( the pricipal applicant in canada )
LC2 - refers to the dependants of the live in caregiver
AOR - aknowledgement of receipt
Do you know if we need to fill the generic forms for our dependents all? Does that mean
the applicant is our dependants but sign it by us? Thx

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hi jessy_li, i saw your timeline and your processing is so fast. Is your dependents here in Canada? Because I keep asking my dependent if they receive the lc2 but they said no letter yet.

rsjm

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila - Vegreville
App. Filed.......
LC1 - 31-12-2010 LC2 - 22-04-2013
Doc's Request.
NBI and RPRF received at Vegreville on 08-04-2014
AOR Received.
LC2 - 16-08-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-03-2014
Interview........
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014 delivered July 11, 2014
LANDED..........
10-08-2014
mytammy said:
Hi jessy_li, i saw your timeline and your processing is so fast. Is your dependents here in Canada? Because I keep asking my dependent if they receive the lc2 but they said no letter yet.
What's on your eCAS?

rsjm

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila - Vegreville
App. Filed.......
LC1 - 31-12-2010 LC2 - 22-04-2013
Doc's Request.
NBI and RPRF received at Vegreville on 08-04-2014
AOR Received.
LC2 - 16-08-2013
Med's Request
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-03-2014
Interview........
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014 delivered July 11, 2014
LANDED..........
10-08-2014
mytammy said:
rsjm: my eCAS said in process. Period.
If it becomes decision made, your dependents will be next. Be patient.

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Just want to say Happy Sunday to all my Livin Caregivers< Open permit etc. holders, keep holding the faith we are all going to get it soon so don't be discouraged.

My hubby got Lc2 kit this weekend. neighbour pick up kit for him from Monday but he was away.
Stay bless.