+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Thanks Job seeker for the link.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi,
This is my first time on this forum. I've been reading through the past threads. I will be completing my 24months as a live-in-caregiver this July and need all the help and advice anyone who's done it before can offer.

My CWP expires in May. I gathered from the CIC website that i can apply for an extension. I also read there that i can apply for an OWP at the same time that i apply for PR. I'm not too cetain about the right order of things and really need to get it right. I'm hoping to sponsor my child to come over in future.

Here are my questions:
1)If i apply for extended stay, can i still apply for an OWP?
2)I'm told that an extension of stay is usually for a year only, so what happens to me since the usual waiting time for PR is anywhere between 12-36months?
3) Can i send in my application for extended stay now or do i wait, since the CIC website advices to apply atleast 30days before the expiration of my work permit.

Please, if there's any other thing i need to know,kindly advice. I dont know where to start and don't want to make any mistakes.
Thank you so much for your help.

VILLAGEHUA

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
I think if you extend your visa and apply on line, usually takes one month then you will received it. But owp at least need to wait 3 months to get it. Your new visa may give you one more year but your owp will go with your passport expire date.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Julsen said:
Hi,
This is my first time on this forum. I've been reading through the past threads. I will be completing my 24months as a live-in-caregiver this July and need all the help and advice anyone who's done it before can offer.

My CWP expires in May. I gathered from the CIC website that i can apply for an extension. I also read there that i can apply for an OWP at the same time that i apply for PR. I'm not too cetain about the right order of things and really need to get it right. I'm hoping to sponsor my child to come over in future.

Here are my questions:
1)If i apply for extended stay, can i still apply for an OWP? Yes you can still apply for PR/OWP
2)I'm told that an extension of stay is usually for a year only, so what happens to me since the usual waiting time for PR is anywhere between 12-36months? You can continue working either as caregiver or something else once you have your OWP. Depending upon the contract you're sending with your WP application (extending stay) and also your passport expiry date, you can be given a year or two
3) Can i send in my application for extended stay now or do i wait, since the CIC website advices to apply atleast 30days before the expiration of my work permit. WP application processing time for same employer is roughly 3 months so you can send your WP app whenever but should be on or before your current WP expires.
Please, if there's any other thing i need to know,kindly advice. I dont know where to start and don't want to make any mistakes.
Thank you so much for your help.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
VILLAGEHUA said:
I think if you extend your visa and apply on line, usually takes one month then you will received it. But owp at least need to wait 3 months to get it. Your new visa may give you one more year but your owp will go with your passport expire date.
Thanks so much for your help.

Also, what happens if i haven't received PR and extension expires but owp is still valid, can i still remain in Canada?

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Thank you for your help job_seeker.

My initial contract was for 3 years but i was given a WP for only 2 years. Was hoping to apply for an extension based on that. Or should i be looking to request that my employer renew the contract to be extended to 2 years? What's your take on that?.
I would prefer a 2 year extension to just a year's.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Request for a new contract (salaries may have gone up), and a letter. Two years would be good. Will give you peace of mind as to your SIN and health card.

Julsen said:
Thank you for your help job_seeker.

My initial contract was for 3 years but i was given a WP for only 2 years. Was hoping to apply for an extension based on that. Or should i be looking to request that my employer renew the contract to be extended to 2 years? What's your take on that?.
I would prefer a 2 year extension to just a year's.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Thanks so much for your help job_seeker. God bless.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
You mentioned a letter...what kind of letter are you referring to?

karenmae86

Feb 3, 2013
ewee said:
hi! everyone... obviously i'm back ;D!!! i'm so sorry cause i've been busy for awhile due to my work... just post your questions and i'll see if i know the answer/s :)
hello:) im a filipino who is currently working here in norway as an aupair/nanny for almost 2 yrs. im not a nursing graduate so i dont have any certificate of cpr niether 6 mos care giver course. i just want to ask if im qualified for the LCP just base on my experience as an aupair. thanks and God Bless

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry if I posted in the wrong thread but I was having a hard time looking for the correct thread to post my question.

My sister is still waiitng for the result of her LMO application but I just want to know in advance about the things that I need to do or the requirements that I need to gather.

If I apply as a live-in caregiver, am i required to take the IELTS or the speak test will suffice? And can someone please explain about the speak test process?

Thank you so much.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Hi girls, I've just got my OPEN W Permit today. HAPPY to no end It's a great feeling of relief after 3 years of hard work! It's just incomparable to anything! My timeline - sent appl for OWP/PR - Nov 7, 2012; CIC received Nov.13, 2012, OWP issued Feb. 11, 2013.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
job_seeker said:
Letter that you'd still be working for them.
Will do. Thank you so much. Will post my progress from time to time.
Have a great long weekend
Cheers.

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
LC.Calgary said:
Hi girls, I've just got my OPEN W Permit today. HAPPY to no end It's a great feeling of relief after 3 years of hard work! It's just incomparable to anything! My timeline - sent appl for OWP/PR - Nov 7, 2012; CIC received Nov.13, 2012, OWP issued Feb. 11, 2013.
Congratulations LC Calgary :).