+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Livin caregiver sending off application Oct 2012 - Feb.2013?

sweetjasmine

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi everyone, Happy new year to everyone...Congrats to all who got their PR and case is processing...I applied in December 2011...and they received my application in january 2012.....I got my open work permit in april 2012......i from india and was thinking to go get married....i am not too sure if should wait for my process to be finished or i can go get married....its been 3 years m in relationship but its hard to maintain long distance relationship for more and i want to get married....and if i go then can i change my status or apply for my husband or what should i do....wondering....its long waiting though.....Please reply if someone can suggest something...please respond.......thanks....

God bless all the caregivers....

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi! everyone... obviously i'm back ;D!!! i'm so sorry cause i've been busy for awhile due to my work... just post your questions and i'll see if i know the answer/s :)

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any NOV 2012 applicants here receive the email to CIC? Thanks

relaxgurl

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
Hi SweetJasmine, I heard it might be quicker as a single applicant, but i took the decision to get married first because i think i would love to get through at the same time with my husband than i get through first then have to sponser him. Good luck in your decisions.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Happy new year everyone!!! I'm wondering how long it take to receive OWP? I sent my application sept 30 2012 and CIC receive It Oct 4, 2012. Some my friends they receive OWP in 3 months after sending to CIC. But why my OWP I did not receive yet? It's taking so long and I excited to look for another work. What can you suggest? I call CIC to follow up my application or I wait next week? Please help me?

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mytammy said:
Happy new year everyone!!! I'm wondering how long it take to receive OWP? I sent my application sept 30 2012 and CIC receive It Oct 4, 2012. Some my friends they receive OWP in 3 months after sending to CIC. But why my OWP I did not receive yet? It's taking so long and I excited to look for another work. What can you suggest? I call CIC to follow up my application or I wait next week? Please help me?

Have you receive the email yet to CIC? The confirmation that they receive and process your application? Yes you can try to call the CIC to inquire.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Yes I receive email last thursday Jan 3, 2013 that CIC confirm they receive my application last Oct 4,2012.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mytammy said:
Yes I receive email last thursday Jan 3, 2013 that CIC confirm they receive my application last Oct 4,2012.
Sounds good, So wait for you open work permit now, you should be good, just wait until the end of January probably you will receive it, goodluck :)

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
I'm so happy! I just receive my OWP today in the mail!

PR & OWP sent: Sept 30, 2012
CIC receive: Oct 4,2012
OWP receive: Jan 9,2013

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
hi girls,
i sent my apple for OWP/PR on Nov.7, 2012.
Today, Jan. 9 (after 2 months as I sent it off), I've got 2 emails from CIC - the 1st acknowledge email: The office got my appl on Nov.13 2012 and the 2nd email: the office asked me to fill the new form "Background schedule A". There are some minor changes on this form, those changes were made in Dec.2012, so after I already sent my appl. Ok, whatever, I filled it out and sent the form off right away. Now, just hoping to get it asap ))))) and wish all of us GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LC.Calgary said:
hi girls,
i sent my apple for OWP/PR on Nov.7, 2012.
Today, Jan. 9 (after 2 months as I sent it off), I've got 2 emails from CIC - the 1st acknowledge email: The office got my appl on Nov.13 2012 and the 2nd email: the office asked me to fill the new form "Background schedule A". There are some minor changes on this form, those changes were made in Dec.2012, so after I already sent my appl. Ok, whatever, I filled it out and sent the form off right away. Now, just hoping to get it asap ))))) and wish all of us GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Nice!! What option did u apply? 24 months? or 22 months? I apply 22 months and they received my application NOV 16th, hopefully i am nxt to receive the confirmation soon, i am so nervous about my application because its 22 months lol, God bless us

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i finally receive the email from CIC just now, i passed my application on Nov 15th and they received it on Nov 16th, hopefully OPEN WORK PERMIT soon :) God bless us and Goodluck

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Wins your OWP in already in the mail! My OWP is same date when I receive email from CIC. Hope we can find better jobs now.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mytammy said:
Wins your OWP in already in the mail! My OWP is same date when I receive email from CIC. Hope we can find better jobs now.

When did you pass your application and when did you receive your email from CIC?

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
wins26 said:
Nice!! What option did u apply? 24 months? or 22 months? I apply 22 months and they received my application NOV 16th, hopefully i am nxt to receive the confirmation soon, i am so nervous about my application because its 22 months lol, God bless us
I applied after 24 m.