+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
singlemom said:
REALLY????? Is she's a single or married applicant? I filed my application January 19, and she's end of January, God give me more patience........
One friend got just today, so she applied end of January 2012. So much happy for her )))
But another my friend applied August 1, 2011; still NOTHING, now she is waiting for the OWP 10 months already.

They both are single, no dependents.

karri

Dec 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
Hoping to hear some good news this week guys...

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=10pt][size=10pt]I signed and want to share. Please sign this petition too.

http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregivers-appeal-to-end-delays-in-permanent-residence-approvals-to-prime-minister-stephen-harper-and-minister-jason-kenney-of-cic
[/size][/size]

Russian Nanny

May 23, 2012
Hi, girls!!! I am from Russia and I am a nanny here , in Edmonton, Alberta. I will apply in February 2013 and I desperately hope the changes to LCP will come soon.
In the meantime I am just amazed how we were cheated and abused. we were promised to wait for ONE YEAR only to get our PR and now the processig times are SOOOO LOOOONG.

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
OWP application

Hi everybody!! Privet vsem russkogovoryaschim!

I hope I am writing in the right thread. I am starting to get really anxious: I applied for an OWP on May 1, and now on the CIC website it says it takes 20 days to process an application for a working visa. But I am reading here that it can take months to get an OWP!!! It can't be possible!!! Can somebody explain to me this process and how long it takes?? Please!

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Re: OWP application

liza-laziza said:
Hi everybody!! Privet vsem russkogovoryaschim!

I hope I am writing in the right thread. I am starting to get really anxious: I applied for an OWP on May 1, and now on the CIC website it says it takes 20 days to process an application for a working visa. But I am reading here that it can take months to get an OWP!!! It can't be possible!!! Can somebody explain to me this process and how long it takes?? Please!
Privet, Liza!!!!!! How is going? Add me please on http://www.facebook.com/svet.lana.7543

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
honeysweetie said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt]I signed and want to share. Please sign this petition too.

http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregivers-appeal-to-end-delays-in-permanent-residence-approvals-to-prime-minister-stephen-harper-and-minister-jason-kenney-of-cic
[/size][/size]
I've signed and sent it to my friends. One of my friends is live-in as well, so asked me - what is it for? i don't have even a complete year as a live-in, the application is far away, what this petition would do for ME?
I've said - one day you'll apply anyway, right? look at this abusive situation, we are all in the same circumstances, don't look at yourself like you are alone and you gonna come over the situation by yourself. and by the time you gonna apply, God bless us, you can get your papers right away... We have to be close, together!
Girls, if you still not sure about signing, nobody will force of course but please take a minute to think.
How long can you stay in your families, even if it's everything nice? How long you gonna be a nanny, not MOM, and taking care of somebody else kids instead of your own? How long you can't take another job?
We are all in the same shoes. We need your voice!!! Please let's move it together and for our future.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
I support absolutely Kablas99 from another thread, thank you, Kablas99.

"TO ALL the live-in caregivers , may you just started working under Live-in caregiver or planning to work to Canada under Live-in Caregiver or already applied for PR and still waiting for long processing time..PLEASE sign this petition, THis is for you people ...we are doing this for the future applicants so you will not anymore realize what we are experiencing right now...WE MISS OUR FAMILY..WE WANT EARLY FAMILY REUNIFICATION
PLEASE CLICK :
http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregivers-appeal-to-end-delays-in-permanent-residence-approvals-to-prime-minister-stephen-harper-and-minister-jason-kenney-of-cic"

Date Updated by CIC:
Step 1 – Initial Assessment + 2 Step – Final Decision
July 12, 2010 6-7 months..... + 7 months
September 15, 2010..... 8-9 months..... + 9 months
December 29, 2010..... 11-12 months..... + 12 months
May 11, 2011...... 13-14 months..... + 15 months
January 4, 2012..... 18-19 months..... + 17 months
May 14, 2012..... 22-23 months...... + 17 months

Crazy, abusive... THREE-fold increase in wait times from July 2010 processing times

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
i have signed the petition too. We all should do it even if some of you havent apply for OWP yet, as you said, those girls will be in the same situation too so we need to make sure that this changes for all !!

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/speeches/2012/2012-05-25.asp

The Minister Kenney speaks a lot about all-all-all programs and they are improving the immigration system and bla-bla-bla... Nothing about live-in caregiver, nothing, not a single word...

Please sign the petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ttokki

May 28, 2012
Hi guys!
Sent my application feb 28 and cic received march 01.
Up to now, still no news...
Patience is a virtue! ;D
Let's just keep on praying for a smooth and fast processing time...
Though waiting is some kinda frustrating... Ahaha
Fighting fellow lcg. :p

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Any news girls?? It looks is taking 3 - 3.5 months!! ;D
I really hope so!