+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live in caregivers on vacation and get married (PHILIPPINES)

krincyreia

Apr 9, 2013
for those under LCP and got married while on vacation please share your experience like what are the documents you need to bring back home,the OEC thing and how did you add or submit your marriage contract to the embassy.

I'm under lcp and I'm planning to have vacation and get married at the same time :)
But I don't know what to do :(

Thank you God bless! :)

krincyreia

Apr 9, 2013
krincyreia said:
for those under LCP and got married while on vacation please share your experience like what are the documents you need to bring back home,the OEC thing and how did you add or submit your marriage contract to the embassy.

I'm under lcp and I'm planning to have vacation and get married at the same time :)
But I don't know what to do :(

Thank you God bless! :)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
anyone please answer her inquiry i am also planning to get married when i have my vacation to phil this november.... :)

lovekoto

May 27, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila-Phils
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutepinay said:
anyone please answer her inquiry i am also planning to get married when i have my vacation to phil this november.... :)
Congrats on your comming wedding! :)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hi there!
congrats in your coming wedding!!!
last year, july 2012, i went home (philippines) for a vacation and to get married as well...i was under the live-in caregiver program then. after our marriage, i went back here in canada and waited for our nso marriage certification/authentication (which was processed by my husband there). whoever processes this authentication in nso need to be prompt in the follow-ups of documents from the local civil registrar. what he did was, he went to the local civil registrar and have it endorsed to nso (to speed up the process because if you don't go there personally, the lcr will send the marriage cert. to nso by batch) then he was advised to go to nso a month after the endorsement date. when i received our nso marriage cert. here, i booked an appointment at the phil. consulate general-vancouver to have my passport renewed and have my last name changed to my husband's surname. it took about 6-7weeks before i received my new passport now bearing my husband's surname...and then i started changing my driver's license, health card, etc... before i submitted my permanent resident application(along with my husband's application and open work permit application)...now, i am just waiting for my work permit to arrive in mail(immigration said i was approved last may8 and the document was sent last may13 but i haven't received it yet until now)...hope these details help you...good luck!!!

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
lovekoto said:
hi natsy thank you so much for the info i hope you dont mind but i will send you a personal message to ask you some questions again ... are you filipino ? thanks :) and congrats for your open work permit almost all of us are waiting in vain to get the work permit :) i cant wait to get mine too :D

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
lovekoto said:
thank you lovekoto ^_^ even this processing is a headache for me for changing everything i will do it so i can add my spouse on my pr so we can be together asap... thanks :)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
oopss silly me sorry natsy yes you are kabayan hihi :)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
hi cute pinay...i just read your pm...i wanted to reply to you in pm but it seems i'm not allowed to...i'm a newbie in this site so i'm still trying to figure things out...would it be okay to you if i reply in this post?c",)

krincyreia

Apr 9, 2013
Thank you natsy for ur reply :) :) :)

How many weeks was your vacation then? I'm planning to have atleast 6 weeks vacation is that ok?

Thanks again :)

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
i was in the phils. for 8weeks then...your fiance should have at least completed some/part of the requirements in church(if you're having one) and local civil registrar....when i arrived there, we immediately attended the semi ar as required by lcr as pre-requisite to marriage license...and also, i have to sign the marriage license application personally before they start processing it...i was advised then that i should be in the phils. at least 2wks before the wedding date....good luck! c",)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
natsy said:
hi cute pinay...i just read your pm...i wanted to reply to you in pm but it seems i'm not allowed to...i'm a newbie in this site so i'm still trying to figure things out...would it be okay to you if i reply in this post?c",)
ohh i see natsy thats okay :) i hope to hear again from you soon ...thanks for sharing your story to us god bless you :)

cutepinay

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
krincyreia said:
Thank you natsy for ur reply :) :) :)

How many weeks was your vacation then? I'm planning to have atleast 6 weeks vacation is that ok?

Thanks again :)
hi krincyreia congratulations too for your upcoming wedding i hope evrything in our papers will be okay :) me i am planningg to stay there for 2 mons and you dont need to worry as long as your employer allowed you ..with valid trv and work permit also letter from your employer that she allowed you to stay that long there will be no problem....i knew someone who went home for 6 mons! ...and are you Filipina>>>?? ;D when are you coming home.:) and have you already applied for PR thank you

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
bring along with you your work contract/s, lmo, etc...you have to go to poea/owwa office to secure exit clearance...this is mandatory for all ofw...wothout this exit clearance, you can't get out of the phils...c",)

krincyreia

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks again natsy

@cutepinay best wishes and congrats in advance!
I'm pinay hehe, well nkhinga nako knowing n wala nman mgiging problema I'm planning to go home by january pa, my employer didn't allow me to go this year. It's a big help at nkita ni natsy itong query ko.
9mos plang ako dito. Matagal tagal pa bago mkaaply ng pr. Ikaw?