+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Caregivers - Let's unite and protest

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Please go to this home page and watch the 4 videos of Jason Kenney giving a speech in front of a room of Filipinos in Vancouver with
Irene Yatco a candidate for the Conservative party.

http://www.ireneyatco.ca/

Go to the fourth ( 4th) video down, Jason Kenney starts by saying that the " new changes will provide faster PR for caregivers "

Maybe the caregivers in BC and contact his lady Irene Yatco ???

Is there a Filipino candidate in Ontario and Alberta that can help us ??

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
LCPcaregiver said:
Please go to this home page and watch the 4 videos of Jason Kenney giving a speech in front of a room of Filipinos in Vancouver with
Irene Yatco a candidate for the Conservative party.

http://www.ireneyatco.ca/

Go to the fourth ( 4th) video down, Jason Kenney starts by saying that the " new changes will provide faster PR for caregivers "

Maybe the caregivers in BC and contact his lady Irene Yatco ???

Is there a Filipino candidate in Ontario and Alberta that can help us ??
He did say "new changes and easy access to PR but he meant to say the changes from 3yrs to 4yrs ....since many caregivers cant finished the 24months w/in 3yrs time....the 2 options that he made. That being said....that was what he's thinking that he was helping the LCP. He didnt literally say that Pr processing will be in 4months time or whatever! We misinterpret sometimes causing us to trust...when in fact he didnt promise anything at all! I dont agree with the longer processing time though,but the reason for the protest is not about the promises that he did not commit IMO. The protest is to voice out our concerns and alleviate the suffering from our families. Faster processing leads to freedom and opportunities to the outside world of our cell that we're working in.Let's forget about the promises...let's focus on our goals.IMO...Cheers! :D ;D

I quote some goals from Torontoliveincare to improve the LCP:
"Give caregivers implied status with new employers once they receive an LMO and use the work permit transfer as a formality. This will cut down on illegal cash employment by cutting wait time down to 1 month instead of 3.

- Allow caregivers to have implied open status to change employers after the open permit is applied for. They wont have to work for cash as employers don’t have to worry about remitting taxes. Government gets more tax dollars, nobody is breaking the law and workers have less worries. "

Lastly the processing of our OWP....if they can have it in 6months before...why cant we have it now?

khrizzy

Aug 4, 2011
Ive watched that video of MR JASON KENNEY speaking and as you can see he is just as good as any politician on election day. full of reasons and full of stories thats making us believe that they are the best politician to be voted. a lot of lop holes on the speech. full of crap especially the part about the LCP. Its been 16 months ago and until now. none of what he said is helping us LIC. His trying to mend it and by mending it LIC is left to suffer. bcoz canadian families needs LIC so bad so he cant afford to end it. Changes on LCP is just making it worst and not helping at all. if the change is good we should have seen it by now. and if he really want to mend the program he should have considered better change on the program that will benefit us caregivers and our families back home. not like this, Its gettin worst. We shouldnt be fooled by any politicians anymore. ITs time for the real change. and the change should come from us LIC.

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
politicians promises everything but after they won....they forget everything...rmember promises are made to be broken...

Aug 23, 2011
murphy said:
politicians promises everything but after they won....they forget everything...rmember promises are made to be broken...
I hope caregiver advocacy groups are seeing a bit clearer now! Never believe a politician who is pandering to a group predominantly made up of people who cannot vote in Canada. Kenney milked what he could from Filipino citizens but never intended to keep his promises. There is no question in my mind that the inflated processing times are his order; why can it be that processing was 6 to 8 months and magically become 16 months just for first stage approval after processing times were supposed to be decreased?

Ridiculous lies from Conservative Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Is there anyone(from Toronto area) out there who can volunteer to live tweet the saturday event?
A date to remember:
August 27, 2010 w/ Atty. Rafael Fabregas 1:00pm @ St. Paschal Baylon Church in Thornhil

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Details again for the caregiver conference in Mississauga.
http://foaccanada.org/2011/08/24/caregivers-first-annual-general-conference-2011/

Call Pastor Julius Tiangson 905/8481106 for more info or the head of the First ontario alliance caregiver centre,
Terry Olayta at 416/4393246

EVERYBODY call them and see if they want to strike with us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are not happy how this LCP improvements is turning out.

Terry Olayta BEFORE the federal election :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPZSRlkM5o8

Terry Olayta AFTER the federal election :

http://atinitonews.com/ssnews2011/index.php?mod=article&cat=CommunityRoundup&article=3135

They must help us as well.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
To all LiCs:
Stop complaining if you don't want to do anything! Daldal ng daldal, for what? Tumahimik nga kayo! Kung wla kayong gagawin kundi magreklamo at magpost dito..hwag na! Sayang Lang ang oras ng iba na nag akala na susuporta kayo...chicken pala kayo! :p :p

To the 5 brave caregivers who want to continue fighting,my support is with you guys!
LiCs from Montreal pls PM me for our meet up. If you're brave and courageous fighting for our rights, let's do this once and for all! ;D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
bambi lets meet up here. lets bring up all our concern to the respective authorities. specially to those have families that are being far from their love ones for a long time. PM me.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

* INFORMATION SESSION: Live-in caregiver program (LCP)

HOST: Association des Aides Familiales du Quebec (AAFQ)
http://www.aafq.ca/english#!__english

TOPICS: Human Rights and Labour Standard Laws in Québec

SATURDAY, September 10th, 9:00 AM to 12:00 NOON

OFFICE ADDRESS: AAFQ, 2348, Jean Talon est Office 407

REPRESENTATIVES FROM VARIOUS BUREAUS WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS:

>Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC)

>Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC)

>Commission des Normes du travail (CNT)

>Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (CDPDJ)

** PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN OTTAWA ONCE-A-MONTH WEEKEND CONSULAR SERVICES ON SEPTEMBER 10, SATURDAY, 9:00 AM TO 12:00 NOON @ FAMAS CENTER, VAN HORNE, MONTREAL. FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES PLS. CALL THE PHIL. EMBASSY @ 613-233-1121 DURING REGULAR OFFICE HOURS.

rikrik

May 29, 2011
thanks bambie girl, now, i wish you were here. OK guys, to the five of us who attended Atty. Fabregas symposium can we meet again to plan our next move, if possible bring with us some members(let's say a potluck to a park, bring your own meal)if we can do it on sunday after mass probably so that many can attend(any suggestion is open, up to you guys, OK lang ako).

Attention:

Boyzone
monalizy
Irogko4u I need immediate reply guys, thankyou
Nanny16
Hardworker Angel

On this acquiantance we will discuss on matters like meeting with other bigger group of organizations and or(if the group is big)we will discuss on how to make our own symposium, inviting some great advocates, mps and some people from the philippine consulate to hear our problems. This is only a suggestion which as much as possible i don't want to discuss here, but if this is the only way to encourage you guys, so be it. hoping for your immediate response. thank you.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
rikrik,
I am only available on saturday after 4pm i am working n d jewish catering and we have weddings and bar mitzvah to cater specially on sunday,i would like to see u all again and give my all out support i would suggest jst close to my work so that it will b easy 4me to have time to change and catch u up guys and then back again n my work my work s n thornhill close to bathurst and steeles