+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Caregivers - Let's unite and protest

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
I agree lilyloves!

Our main concern is for faster processing....Everything follows. They can do 6-8 months before so how come they can't do it now!

Guys, can we do a paid advertisement to the media? The concept/idea is like the ads for election regarding the Minister and the program and CIC....or we can do a video and post it in youtube with the same concept as well.

rikrik

May 29, 2011
hi guys, I'm from toronto too, count me in whenever we need to meet(if necessary asap) i mentioned to my colleagues about the forum and the planned event and many would like to join. I'll be waiting for any update from this forum so i'll be able to meet you guys, let's make this event happen for the sake of our beloved ones.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bambiegirl said:
I agree lilyloves!

Our main concern is for faster processing....Everything follows. They can do 6-8 months before so how come they can't do it now!

Guys, can we do a paid advertisement to the media? The concept/idea is like the ads for election regarding the Minister and the program and CIC....or we can do a video and post it in youtube with the same concept as well.
1. The number of LCPs applying for "landing"
2. The number of spousal applicants in Canada, which take about 18 months to process as well.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
COUNT ON ME......anyone here from edmonton lets start moving... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll make banners, and talk with all nannies that I know, this will be my " part time job" from now on.
September 24th sounds great! The more people we get, bigger will be the impact.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Maybe you'll be interested to attend a talk with an advocate of the LCP Atty. Rafael Fabregas. He will be in St. Pascal Baylon on Aug 27. Mark your calendars!

rikrik

May 29, 2011
St. Paschal Baylon in Thornhill, right? Will that be our preliminary meeting? Will Atty. Rafael Fabregas be our consulting lawyer about this matter? If so, that will be the best move for us, hope many will cooperate with us, can we start inviting people to attend? please post more details about this event, thank you, very appreciated.
Bambiegirl said:
Maybe you'll be interested to attend a talk with an advocate of the LCP Atty. Rafael Fabregas. He will be in St. Pascal Baylon on Aug 27. Mark your calendars!

rikrik

May 29, 2011
PS
We have to meet guys so that we can plan what is needed to be done, we'll be able to know who among us has the potential to represent us to the media, please confirm the venue so that we'll be able to attend, thanks once again.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
He(atty. Fabregas) will talk about immigration issues. It's a nice thing to be informed.He is willing to help us. Sulong LiCs!

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I really would love to to talk with Mr. Rafael Fabregas, but unfortunetely I'll be in a trip with my boyfriend. Do you know any other event that he will be answering questions for caregivers?
If not, can someone please speak for me. Last year I found out I had a tummor on my eleventh rib, thank God we discover it was benign, but I need to keep watching if grows or not. I already had to cancel 3 MRI, because I can't afford to pay 1500 C$ with my caregiver salary. Could someone ask Mr. Fabregas if is there any other way for us to get an OHIP, or should I wait for the worst to happen?

Thanks everyone! :-*

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Nanny16 said:
Hi, I really would love to to talk with Mr. Rafael Fabregas, but unfortunetely I'll be in a trip with my boyfriend. Do you know any other event that he will be answering questions for caregivers?
If not, can someone please speak for me. Last year I found out I had a tummor on my eleventh rib, thank God we discover it was benign, but I need to keep watching if grows or not. I already had to cancel 3 MRI, because I can't afford to pay 1500 C$ with my caregiver salary. Could someone ask Mr. Fabregas if is there any other way for us to get an OHIP, or should I wait for the worst to happen?

Thanks everyone! :-*
Are you on implied status? If yes, then there's good news!
tweet from Rafael Fabregas:
Live-in caregivers in Toronto: if on "implied status" you can still get OHIP. Call Thorncliffe Neighborhood Office, ask for Maria Leynes.

rikrik

May 29, 2011
hi bambiegirl, what about on implied status but unemployed? thanks for the information anyway, what info can we use to contact northcliffe neighborhood?(any phone#)thanks again.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Fax:416-421-4269
Email:info @ thorncliffe.org
Hours:Mon-Wed, Fri 9-5; Thu 9-8; Sat 11-4

Thorncliffe Neighourhood Office and speak with Maria Leynes at 416-421-4269.
http://www.torontoliveincare.com/