+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in Caregivers - Let's unite and protest

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can count with me, I'm going, I'm free any Saturday and Sunday.

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunetely I couldn't go last Saturday 27, cos I was in a trip with my boyfriend, but from now on Im not gonna miss any meeting, pls let me know the dates, and address, I'll make sure I'll bring more people with me.

rikrik

May 29, 2011
Guys, almost a week pass from my last post but only 2 among the people i've invited to reply has given their answer,well then, this just mean that we are not really using this site to be connected but to burst our complains, anyway, if you guys changed your mind and wanted us to meet in the future just post things in here, meanwhile, i'll try to meet with other organizations with bigger members to know if they can support us. thanks for your time and goodluck everyone.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
hi there if you have time pls try to attend the meeting tomorrow saturday. we need people as much as possible to address our concern to immigration

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

* INFORMATION SESSION: Live-in caregiver program (LCP)

HOST: Association des Aides Familiales du Quebec (AAFQ)
http://www.aafq.ca/english#!__english

TOPICS: Human Rights and Labour Standard Laws in Québec

SATURDAY, September 10th, 9:00 AM to 12:00 NOON

OFFICE ADDRESS: AAFQ, 2348, Jean Talon est Office 407

REPRESENTATIVES FROM VARIOUS BUREAUS WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS:

>Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC)

>Ministère de l'immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC)

>Commission des Normes du travail (CNT)

>Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (CDPDJ)

** PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN OTTAWA ONCE-A-MONTH WEEKEND CONSULAR SERVICES ON SEPTEMBER 10, SATURDAY, 9:00 AM TO 12:00 NOON @ FAMAS CENTER, VAN HORNE, MONTREAL. FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES PLS. CALL THE PHIL. EMBASSY @ 613-233-1121 DURING REGULAR OFFICE HOURS.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
wsongco said:
hi there if you have time pls try to attend the meeting tomorrow saturday. we need people as much as possible to address our concern to immigration

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

* INFORMATION SESSION: Live-in caregiver program (LCP)

HOST: Association des Aides Familiales du Quebec (AAFQ)
http://www.aafq.ca/english#!__english

TOPICS: Human Rights and Labour Standard Laws in Québec

SATURDAY, September 10th, 9:00 AM to 12:00 NOON

OFFICE ADDRESS: AAFQ, 2348, Jean Talon est Office 407

REPRESENTATIVES FROM VARIOUS BUREAUS WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS:

>Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC)

>Ministère de l'immigration et des communautés culturelles (MICC)

>Commission des Normes du travail (CNT)

>Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (CDPDJ)

** PHILIPPINE EMBASSY IN OTTAWA ONCE-A-MONTH WEEKEND CONSULAR SERVICES ON SEPTEMBER 10, SATURDAY, 9:00 AM TO 12:00 NOON @ FAMAS CENTER, VAN HORNE, MONTREAL. FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES PLS. CALL THE PHIL. EMBASSY @ 613-233-1121 DURING REGULAR OFFICE HOURS.

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
may time b kyo s cmputer? if meron. try nman ninyo gawa ng account ntin s facebook. ang name CAREGIVER surname CANADA. tpos invite lang ng invite.

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
wsongco,
hi, i have a question, can we complain that we are emotionally abuse by the government or CIC?
and does the caregiver association accept the BACKLOG reason that the cic gave, i think we deserve a better explanation.
were not asking for PR, were just asking for OPEN PERMIT.

and another one, what happen to the case last year about the 2 pilipina who complain the employer who has a position to the government. what was their name? i would like to search. thank u

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
chi123 said:
wsongco,
hi, i have a question, can we complain that we are emotionally abuse by the government or CIC?
and does the caregiver association accept the BACKLOG reason that the cic gave, i think we deserve a better explanation.
were not asking for PR, were just asking for OPEN PERMIT.

and another one, what happen to the case last year about the 2 pilipina who complain the employer who has a position to the government. what was their name? i would like to search. thank u
i agree with you chi we only want open permit so we can look for a better job than what we have right now. PR can wait. whats important is that we could free ourselves with the live in set up and over work without overtime pay.

i think your talking about the 2 filipina in the ctv news year 2009.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6x2DCVkqn8&feature=related

chi123

Oct 6, 2009
thank u for the link,

that was definitely true, but what happen after that? we just let it past by.
i hope maraming pumunta s sunday......

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Just want to share this article i read..

Due to the intensifying demands of the neoliberal agenda of globalization, workers coming to Canada through the Live-In Caregiver Program (LCP) are mostly Filipino women (at 97%) and are continuingly being used as a source of cheap labour relagated to domestic capacities. The documentary presented, titled ‘The Nanny Business’ by Emmy award winner Shelley Saywell, featured the narratives Filipino women, under the LCP, in the hopes of finding stable employment as domestic workers. Their stories highlighted the physical and emotional turmoil that domestic workers encounter as they deal with abusive working conditions, economic instability, family separation and lack of workers compensation or rights, proving once again, that the LCP perpetuates modern-day slavery.

Filipino women, and women of colour in general, are huge contributors to Canada’s economy yet we remain invisible. The re-feudalization and exploitation of our women must end, and this is why the scrapping of the LCP is non-negotiable. It is important for Filipinas to be proud and contribute to the women’s movement in Canada. We need to be sharp in bringing out the undeniable issue of class exploitation and the particular experiences of gender oppression and racialization. The women’s struggle is essential to the overall struggle for our genuine settlement and integration, and equality in Canadian society. Moreover, as Filipinas comprise a majority of the Filipino-Canadian population, we must assert that our voices be heard.

Discussing the lives of Filipino Canadian women, it was evident that their experience touched the hearts of many in the audience, from youth to mothers alike. Jane shared her personal experiences as a daughter of an LCP worker, and discussed the difficult process of separation and reconciliation with her mother after eight years living apart. Like many children from LCP families, Jane recognized the sacrifices that her mother has made and continues to make as a domestic worker.

How the LCP is not a uni-dimensional program impacting the lives of domestic workers. Rather, it is a labor and economic program of Canada that implicates and structures relationships within the Filipino-Canadian community. "I was so moved just listening to Jane’s story, but I’ve been hearing similar stories for the past 10 years we’ve been organizing Filipino youth in Canada. We, as a community, should really take a step back and see this issue as a whole, not just affecting a few individuals, but our entire community all over Canada. This is why it is still so important for us to continue to organize, learn more about our community and the LCP. Then we will realize that the call to scrap the LCP is a correct one if we have the the future of our community in mind."

The evening concluded declaring the need to make change; specifically through genuine women’s liberation. Such steps can be made through scrapping the LCP, and ending the program’s abusive consequences. How Filipino-Canadians must take on larger roles in engaging and discussing issues affecting the community. “These are stories and experiences of economic marginalization, systemic racism, women’s struggle for equality, human rights and development and the young people’s struggle for a better future.”

In addition to being educational and inspirational, the event marked PWC-Q’s contribution to the ongoing struggle for genuine women’s liberation and change within Canadian society.

PWCQ