+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver visa refused

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
Thank you for the idea job_seeker.Yes i'm here in the Philippines
I received a letter from embassy yesterday indicated that
12-18 months processing of my application.
Should i need to send to embassy my DFA authenticated documents
and my passport?
Do u have an idea how long should i wait the call for appointment of my interview
and speak test? What is the use of the application no.indicated in the letter?

XXSHEXX

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
and my passport?
Do u have an idea how long should i wait the call for appointment of my interview

XXSHEXX

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
and my passport?

XXSHEXX

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
and my passport?

XXSHEXX

ms_cathrina

Jan 31, 2013
@job_seeker: i received my AOR August 15 2011, Done with my speak test and my medical was forwarded by the Timbol clinic last July 23 2012, and until now wala parin si manong Air21.. sa February 15 2013 is my 18th Months.... kinakabahan na ko.. after i read the story of @PITAT.. :(

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The average processing time is 18 months. Some have waited longer.

ms_cathrina said:
@ job_seeker: i received my AOR August 15 2011, Done with my speak test and my medical was forwarded by the Timbol clinic last July 23 2012, and until now wala parin si manong Air21.. sa February 15 2013 is my 18th Months.... kinakabahan na ko.. after i read the story of @ PITAT.. :(

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Live-in caregiver

xxshexxx said:
Anybody knows about the processing of application for live in caregiver

documents send tru courier on August 15, 2012
Received by the embassy on August 16, 2012

Still now i dont received yet any letter or any confirmation from the
Canadian Embassy, My LMO will be expired this December And my job
should be start on January 2013 FROM MY CONTRACT.

Should i follow up?
It means that my LMO will now expired, The contract will be expired or the processing
of my application will be stop?
Pls. help me, tnx :)
Hello.Good Day.
we have the same case. I should start January 2013 and until now I don't have any news from the embassy. I hope we could communicate each other for us to share feelings and information regarding our application. Thank you.

jcanilanza

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Davao City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

job_seeker said:
No as long as you have submitted your WP/visa application before the expiration of the LMO. The contract swill come into effect once you land. Did you apply from the Philippines? Note that live in caregiver apps from the Philippines used to take 18 months to finish; you and your employer should have take that into account..
Hello. Please help me. My documents received at the Embassy office last September 29, 2012 and until now I don't have any news. Please let me now if I am missing something. Thank you. :-[

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012

jcanilanza said:
Hello. Please help me. My documents received at the Embassy office last September 29, 2012 and until now I don't have any news. Please let me now if I am missing something. Thank you. :-[
Kindly check the processing time at the CIC Website...

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
Guy got some questions for you

1. i already got an lmo for my sister for LCG but im still confuse with her elegibility. She took 6months caregiver coarse and she does not have any experience.

You must have six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver. You may have gained your training or experience in areas such as early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid. You may also have completed your training as part of your formal education. This experience must have been obtained within the three years immediately prior to the day on which you submit an application for a work permit.

2. regarding ielts she need to take the exam before submitting her application? Or she can submit her application and do the ielts later?

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
jonats said:

1. i already got an lmo for my sister for LCG but im still confuse with her elegibility. She took 6months caregiver coarse and she does not have any experience.

You must have six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver. You may have gained your training or experience in areas such as early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid. You may also have completed your training as part of your formal education. This experience must have been obtained within the three years immediately prior to the day on which you submit an application for a work permit.

2. regarding ielts she need to take the exam before submitting her application? Or she can submit her application and do the ielts later?

Okay I just logged in to ask about something related to what you're asking. I just got back from the embassy yesterday and they refused my visa because they said i didn't prove i have enough experience as a nanny. I am applying again next week with proof of my experience, so i HIGHLY recommend you and your sister to find a way to prove she got her training and if you guys can find a way to prove she had some experience it would be ideal. Good luck!

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
marianasanroman said:
Okay I just logged in to ask about something related to what you're asking. I just got back from the embassy yesterday and they refused my visa because they said i didn't prove i have enough experience as a nanny. I am applying again next week with proof of my experience, so i HIGHLY recommend you and your sister to find a way to prove she got her training and if you guys can find a way to prove she had some experience it would be ideal. Good luck!
hello there...just want to ask if you have taken a 6-month caregiving course...thanks!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Applicants under the Live in Caregiver Program need not take the IELTS. She is qualified if she has take 6-month caregiving training courseand has a certificate to show, Or must have at least one year experience as a nanny or caregiver, within the last three years. So if she has finished the course within the last three years, she's qualified under the program.

jonats said:

jet29

Mar 22, 2014
good day everyone ..

im a bit tensed and confused right now..

i received my lmo and contract for the LIC and the expiration date will be on may 2014..my problem is i dont have a six months caregiver certificate.. all i have is my nursing transcript instead, my hospital number of hours experience and my tesda caregiving nc 2 assessment certificate.. i finished my nursing course and im not a registered nurse yet.. is there any possiblity that i will be denied or refused?

i cant sleep.. im so worried since if i will be denied i spent a lot of effort and money for this..i even quit my 6 years callcenter job just to pursue this one.. please help.. i need clarifications.. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated..

Reactions: Winbelle

lizalehn

Mar 23, 2014
hi everyone,wish you could help me about me query. i took the speak test on may 2012,and passed it,then i passed the medical exam too,and the immigration asked me to send my orig.passport to their embassy,but until now march 2014 i still didn't have receive anything from them. I'm waiting for 27 months,and my employer daughter just turned 10 y/0 this march.they also follow up my application tru letters in canadian embassy. what else can I do to have a progress in my application? thank you so much!!!