+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver visa refused

Jaja5786

May 5, 2011
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me. My cousin's application for live-in caregiver visa was denied. Her employer in Canada needs her badly because he travels a lot. His mother who is 86 years old 24 hours oxygenated need a caregiver. Is there anyway that my cousin can do or her employer can do to appeal this action?

Please help.....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
whats the reason?

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
hello everyone,

I'm from the Philippines. I applied as live-in caregiver and I've waited for almost 19 mos. I passed the speak test and medical exam, spent a lot of money, wasted so much time and opportunities...only to receive a letter from the embassy that my visa is refused! So terrible! The visa officer's reason: "he's not satisfied that my employer has the ability to pay my salary." I just got this letter last May 21, 2011.
I wonder why the embassy let me take the speak test and medical exam without knowing first if the employer is capable to hire a live-in caregiver. In our part, as applicant, it's really terrible waiting so long for nothing.
Why not check all the documents first (employee & employer side) before asking these speak test and medical exam, these cost a lot of money especially those who came from province like me! And not all applicant have finances for these so, the applicant's option is to borrow money hoping to be able to pay after landing a job! This is another problem! :(
I hope that anybody from the embassy could read this letter coz until now, I still feel the hurt of being refused! It seems the end of the world for me. :'(

My question is, "Is there any other way to disabuse the visa officer's concern? Please let me know!
Thank you so so much!

Your reply is so much appreciated...God bless!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
i feel sorry for you...why dont you get in touch with your employer tell them your situation...maybe they can make appeal and send more financial documents to prove they have the capacity to pay you..or she/he can make a letter stating the reason why they need you so bad so they could work full time job and generate more income to the family...for now their income maybe not sufficient but once you arrive to them as a LIC..they have more chance to find job and work fulltime.

your almost there in less than 1 month you can get your visa once its proven they have financial capacity.

hope it works for you and your employer

goodluck.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
My question is, "Is there any other way to disabuse the visa officer's concern? Please let me know!
Thank you so so much!

Your reply is so much appreciated...God bless!

[/quote]

they made changes in applying LMO since April 1. 2011

The following documents must be included when you apply for a Labour Market Opinion to hire a live-in caregiver. Please add an " X " in the box next to the documents you are providing.

To be completed and signed by the employer and third-party representative
(if applicable)

Foreign Live-in Caregiver Application
Employment Contract
Appointment of Representative form, included with the application (if applicable)
Live-in Caregiver Bedroom Description
Other Documents

A copy of your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Copies of advertisements, if applicable
Attestation of Identity Authentication, for each employer (if applicable) included with the application
Proof of age for each child, if care is for children: long-form birth certificate or adoption certificate, or medical doctor's note confirming the pregnancy and due date of the child or
Proof of age for each senior, if care is for senior people: one of the following: copies of birth certificate showing the date of birth, passport, old age security card or
Medical Disability Certificate, for each disabled person, if applicable

hope next time if you apply again for a new employer their would be no more rejection.

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
Big thanks wsongco!
your suggestions are well taken... I do hope my employer will make a quick action on this.
Please pray for me!

Thanks so so much!

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Hi Pitat,
please dont blame the visa officer at the canadian embassy in manila, i guess the reason why the visa officer refused your application is because you employer here in canada have failed to submit his/her latest 2010 T4 (canadian revenue tax record)which is one of the new requirements by the canadian gov't in hiring a foreign workers specially live in caregivers a proof that he/she is capable of paying your plane ticket,your salary and other benefits,so better call your cargiver agency or employer about your case.

Pitat

Sep 28, 2010
tnx boyzone!

I already informed my employer about the decision of the visa officer and they told me that they did everything, even sending a notarized affidavit explaining how they intend to pay my salary. They said it's terrible! and it really is!!
About this T4 thing, I guess, this has been one of the many requirements in hiring LIC in canada. I just wonder, why not check on this first before asking speak test and medical exam. I think the people involve should make a revamp (should I say) on their rules.. I pity for all the applicants who were refused to work in canada in spite of all the hardship...seems we're entering in a needle's eye. ::)

I just wanna say.."God bless VISA OFFICERS!" I'm praying that they will not make mistakes in making decisions! :)

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaja5786 said:
Hi everyone,

Can someone help me. My cousin's application for live-in caregiver visa was denied. Her employer in Canada needs her badly because he travels a lot. His mother who is 86 years old 24 hours oxygenated need a caregiver. Is there anyway that my cousin can do or her employer can do to appeal this action?

Please help.....

Only your cousins can solve that issue if the immigration found issues on her documents maybe thats the reason the visa was been denied.

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Many live in caregiver application are being refused in Manila because, simply put, the Canadian Government wants to slowly shut down the live in caregiver program.

This is a very under handed way by CIC and Minister Jason Kenney and the Canadian Government.

I suggest you all get yourself a twitter account and send Minister Kenney some messages or write to them at
minister@cic.gc.ca

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
Re: Live-in caregiver

Anybody knows about the processing of application for live in caregiver

documents send tru courier on August 15, 2012
Received by the embassy on August 16, 2012

Still now i dont received yet any letter or any confirmation from the
Canadian Embassy, My LMO will be expired this December And my job
should be start on January 2013 FROM MY CONTRACT.

Should i follow up?
It means that my LMO will now expired, The contract will be expired or the processing
of my application will be stop?
Pls. help me, tnx :)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Re: Live-in caregiver

No as long as you have submitted your WP/visa application before the expiration of the LMO. The contract swill come into effect once you land. Did you apply from the Philippines? Note that live in caregiver apps from the Philippines used to take 18 months to finish; you and your employer should have take that into account..

xxshexxx said:
Anybody knows about the processing of application for live in caregiver

documents send tru courier on August 15, 2012
Received by the embassy on August 16, 2012

Still now i dont received yet any letter or any confirmation from the
Canadian Embassy, My LMO will be expired this December And my job
should be start on January 2013 FROM MY CONTRACT.

Should i follow up?
It means that my LMO will now expired, The contract will be expired or the processing
of my application will be stop?
Pls. help me, tnx :)

xxshexxx

Oct 11, 2012
My auntie in canada which is my employer send here the LMO and the contract, i signed it and complete all the needed documents
and send it to embassy,
my auntie said that it takes 6 months processing.
I am wondering why still now i don't have yet received any letter from the embassy, it is written from the contract
that i will start to work january 2013.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you in the Philippines? Looks like processing times have improved. It takes 5 months to process a complete package as per CIC website. Considering you sent your application or rather your application was picked up August 15, 2012, 5 months is January 15, 2013 and 6 months is Feb 15, 2013, give or take a few days. They don't normally send an AOR but you should receive a request for medicals soon.

xxshexxx said:
My auntie in canada which is my employer send here the LMO and the contract, i signed it and complete all the needed documents
and send it to embassy,
my auntie said that it takes 6 months processing.
I am wondering why still now i don't have yet received any letter from the embassy, it is written from the contract
that i will start to work january 2013.