+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live in caregiver question.... Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rowena2013

Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm currently in Canada. I have found an employer who interested to hire me as a live in caregiver. However, after I send out my first work permit to new york, this bad employer suddenly said that they're going to cancel the LMO as they decided not to hire one. I even beg on them not to cancel and told them I will change to the other employer once I get my work permit, but they said they will definitely cancelled it!!! So right now, I still haven't got back my work permit and my passport. Even CIC approve my work permit, I'm afraid to go to the border to get stamped as they might already cancel the current LMO. Plus, I'm from a country that need temporary resident visa.

My questions is that:
1) Do you guys have any suggestion? Is there anyway that I can still stay and apply for another work permit again ?

2) What if I get extension visa as a visitor and reapply for work permit again, will it work out this way?

3) What if during this time, I might found a new employer who willing to sponsor me again, can I bring this new LMO even they approve my work permit based on my Ex-employer ??

Please help me!!!!! I really wish there is someone in this forum could give me some advice. I really got nobody to talk to.

Thank you and God bless.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
i am not very familiar on your topic, but.. are you already in canada?? if you're not and the family cancels your LMO, then you wont be able to enter the country... you would have to find another employer and start the process.. try convincing the family to let you use that LMO only to enter the country, and then find a job. once you're in canada, start the paperwork to change employers.... that's what im doing too because the family i was supposed to work for, got desperate because of the strike and they found another nanny.. but they will let me use the LMO to enter the country... i just need to find another employer.

Rowena2013

Jul 8, 2013
Hi marianasanroman,

My ex-employer would like to cancel my LMO because they are going to apply another LMO for the other nanny who is already in Canada. So my question is that do employer allow to apply another LMO without cancelling the previous one ( which is mine LMO) ?

If they do no need to cancel the other LMO then I can try talk to them again.

Thank you for your replied. I really appreciate your feedback.

marianasanroman

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
I'm not very sure about that... maybe they can.. do you have your work permit with you already? and you are in Canada, right? Just find another employer and start the process once you're working for them. Your previous employer doesnt have to cancel your LMO in order to find another nanny! they can say that you changed jobs and therefore they need to find another nanny, but they dont have to cancel yours! in the mean time, FIND ANOTHER EMPLOYER ASAP!

Rowena2013

Jul 8, 2013
Hi marianasanroman and to others who can help and share,

Since you mentioned that your ex-employer had already hire a nanny, I would like to ask did your ex-employer apply another LMO for that new nanny ?

I'm asking this because I'm worry that even my ex-employer is not going cancel the LMO but if he going to apply another new LMO for another nanny, I'm afraid that it will effect my work permit application which I submitted the current LMO from my ex-employer. Now I'm waiting for my first work permit approval.

I hope you can share some insight about this. Thank you very much again.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How long is the current processing in New York? Your prospective employer is looking to at least 6 months waiting time from LMO to WP application for the nanny already in Canada and it is illegal for the nanny to start working with them without the WP unless the nanny has an OWP. Appeal to them and do it a win-win situation; explain it to them this way- your WP would come ahead of the nanny in Canada, so you can work for them while they are waiting for the documents to go through, and you looking for a new employer. You too can't start working for them with out the WP.

Rowena2013 said:
Hi marianasanroman and to others who can help and share,

Since you mentioned that your ex-employer had already hire a nanny, I would like to ask did your ex-employer apply another LMO for that new nanny ?

I'm asking this because I'm worry that even my ex-employer is not going cancel the LMO but if he going to apply another new LMO for another nanny, I'm afraid that it will effect my work permit application which I submitted the current LMO from my ex-employer. Now I'm waiting for my first work permit approval.

I hope you can share some insight about this. Thank you very much again.

Rowena2013

Jul 8, 2013
Hi job_seeker,

I will try to talk to them and I'm not going to work without a valid work permit .
I really have no idea about the processing time for New York as now the VO still on strike. Therefore, it expected that a huge delay for all application.

Thank you so much for your replied.God bless you.