+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

mjp1974

Jan 8, 2014
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cic vegreville/ transferred to Cic Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/ OW March 28 2011
Doc's Request.
may 29, 2014/ additional October 29 2014
File Transfer...
may 22,2015
Med's Request
may 29,2014
Med's Done....
july 29 2014/ remedical email june 16 2015/remedical done june 22 2015
Interview........
Sept 8 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 16, 2015/ send passport via lbc nov 19,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 2015
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015/ pr card october 30 2015 received via mail
Almost one year na since na received ko ang aip ko..nakakabanas..8years old pa. Last ko nakita ang anak ko..ngayon teenager na.

mjp1974

Jan 8, 2014
Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Cic vegreville/ transferred to Cic Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/ OW March 28 2011
Doc's Request.
may 29, 2014/ additional October 29 2014
File Transfer...
may 22,2015
Med's Request
may 29,2014
Med's Done....
july 29 2014/ remedical email june 16 2015/remedical done june 22 2015
Interview........
Sept 8 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 16, 2015/ send passport via lbc nov 19,2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 16 2015
LANDED..........
September 8, 2015/ pr card october 30 2015 received via mail
Mabagal pa sa pagong....tutubuan ka ng varicose veins sa kahihintay...lol

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi,
I did apply for OWP and PR in dec-2011 .and got owp in march-2012.i got letter from cic in last month mention that your file transferred to Vancouver for further assessment. They send my application to local office without AIP.
I did call to cic they said", may b here is problem in your application that's why they send my file to local office without first approval.it can take 1 year for decision made.
I have one doubt..i got married in april-2011 and my passport got expire. i renew my passport with married surname .but when I send my wp for extension ,they send back my new extended wp with old surname. after 1 month I send my PR and OWP with married surname ,and I got owp with married surname. but my marriage certificate has no surname because in india they don't give any attention towards surname. i think CIC have misunderstanding regarding my surname...because they have my three document(marriage cert ,passport ,wp) with different -different surname .plz advise my if any one have idea that how should I can solve their misunderstanding...otherwise I have to wait for 1 year more for interview. because they said ,,they can ask me for interview for clarification...plz help me if anyone have same situation/ thanks

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jebok79 said:
@ Boyblue how are you pre? is there any updates on your AOR pre? wla p din aqo eh....
same old story (see latest update previous page), still no AOR. maybe by second quarter April, May and June our apps will finally move. for now CIC/CEM are busy on remaining 2010 applicants, early 2011 and yolanda victims.

biscuitspinay

Apr 15, 2010
hello to everyone,

Im May 2011 applicant under LIC still waiting for AOR and Medical Request. Im so worried about my husband that he had a heart problem and needs a bypass surgery . Can anybody help me about this situation? Do u think this could be cause to prevent from PR ? I still figuring out the expenses for this procedure the cost is expensive....Thank you....

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i received a letter to local cic this last Jan 11 that i have an appointment but the thing is, im on my vacation right now and i cant be able to attend it, i send a fax last couple days already and my concern are, how do i know if they will send me a new schedule and how they gonna notify me if they received my fax? Email or mail? How long i have to wait? My appointment is this coming feb 10 and i will be back on my vacation this coming feb 17, help me please :((

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
biscuitspinay said:
hello to everyone,

Im May 2011 applicant under LIC still waiting for AOR and Medical Request. Im so worried about my husband that he had a heart problem and needs a bypass surgery . Can anybody help me about this situation? Do u think this could be cause to prevent from PR ? I still figuring out the expenses for this procedure the cost is expensive....Thank you....
Medical Inadmissibility In Canada PR Applications

There are four grounds on which an applicant may become inadmissible for Canada immigration visa: Health, Security, Financial inability and Misrepresentation. The final process in a Canada PR application is health and security checks. Any applicant who fails medical or security checks fails to get Canada immigration status and is inadmissible into Canada. This article is aimed at providing reasons and remedies for medical inadmissibility.

What are the reasons for Canada immigration visa refusal on medical grounds?

There are three grounds on which an application for Canadian permanent residence may be denied on health grounds: An applicant's health condition may be

1) danger to public health due to communicable disease.
2) danger to public safety due to mental disorder and
3) may impose excessive burden on Canadian healthcare and social services.

Danger to public health

Active Pulmonary Tuberculosis (TB) and untreated Syphilis are considered a danger to public health unless they are treated according to Canadian standards; HIV positive is not considered danger to health.
In cases of inactive Pulmonary Tuberculosis (TB) and/or adequately treated syphilis, the officer may grant visa and put conditions on the applicant for medical surveillance or medication in Canada.

Danger to public safety

Serious uncontrolled and/or uncontrollable mental health problems such as:

certain impulsive sociopathic behaviour disorders;
some aberrant sexual disorders such as pedophilia;
certain paranoid states or some organic brain syndromes associated with violence or risk of harm to others;
applicants with substance abuse leading to antisocial behaviours such as violence, and impaired driving; and
other types of hostile, disruptive behaviour.

Excessive demand on Canadian health care or social services

This provision is not applicable on a convention refugee or a spouse and a child of a sponsor. The spouse or a child of an inadmissible person is also exempt from this provision.

If an applicant is likely to impose a burden on Canadian health care or social services, he or she may be inadmissible. Excessive health care demand means expenditure more than the average health care costs of Canadians. For year 2013, the per capita health and social services cost for Canadians is $6285 per year. This amount is multiplied by the number of years required in the medical assessment for health care and social services,which is usually 5 years but not more than 10 years. Thus an applicant who is likely to spend more than $31,425 in 5 years on health care and social services will be inadmissible.

The ability and intent to defray the costs of health and social services by opting out of public services and availability of private insurance in some provinces is a positive factor to be considered by the officer. This factor is only relevant in out-patient health care and it is not relevant in publically funded in-patient health care since there is no cost recovery mechanism.

Is a principal applicant inadmissible due to inadmissibility of his spouse or child on health grounds?

Yes, an inadmissible spouse or child of a principal applicant renders him or her inadmissible as well.

What is the procedure for medical refusals?

In every medical refusal, the officer gives 60 day notice to the applicant to comment on medical refusal before making a final decision. The applicant can request extension of time to collect necessary information and the officer may or may not grant extension. The officer must consider an applicant's comments as per the provisions of Immigration to Canada and Refugee Protection Act and its regulations (IRPA).

What are the powers of or guidelines for an immigration officer?

The IRPA regulations 31 mandate that, an officer who is assessing the foreign national's health condition shall consider

(a) Any report made by a health practitioner or medical laboratory with respect to the foreign national;
(b) The communicability of any disease that the foreign national is affected by or carries; and

(c) The impact that the disease could have on other persons living in Canada.

The IRPA regulation 32 mandates that an officer may impose, vary or cancel the following conditions in respect of any foreign national who is required to submit to a medical examination:

(a) to report at the specified times and places for medical examination, surveillance or treatment; and
(b) to provide proof, at the specified times and places, of compliance with the conditions imposed.

Summary

Excessive demand

If a condition requires more than $31425 on health care and social services, it is likely to result in Canada visa refusal on medical grounds. The convention refugees or spouses and children of a sponsor are exempted from this provision. For out-patient applicants, the cost mitigating capacity of an applicant can be considered. For in-patient applicants, the cost mitigating factor is irrelevant since there is no mechanism for cost recovery for government funded public health care system in Canada.

Danger to Public health

If an applicant has inactive TB or adequately treated Syphilis, the officer may grant Canada Immigration visa on conditions of medical surveillance in Canada. HIV is also not considered danger to public health, if spouses of HIV positive applicants are informed of this condition.

If an applicant has active TB or untreated Syphilis, the Canada immigration visa may be refused unless an applicant can be treated according to Canadian standards.

What action, if any, can be taken to address inadmissibility on the basis of medical concerns?
Can I somehow prove that my illness will not be a drain on the Canadian economy?

If a Canadian Medical Officer reviewing your file determines that your health condition will result in an excessive demand on the Canadian health system, he/she will issue an opinion to the Visa Officer in charge of your file. The Visa Officer will, in turn, send you a “procedural fairness letter” informing you of the intention to refuse your application on the grounds of medical inadmissibility.

Before the officer makes a final decision on your file, you will have the opportunity to submit any additional information that can address the following concerns:

-The medical condition(s) identified
-Health services required in Canada
-Your individualized plan to ensure that no excessive demand will be imposed on Canadian health services

If you are still refused, you may pursue a court challenge to the decision.

added reference link:

http://www.cnmag.ca/issue-11/443-immigration-supreme-court-ruling-on-medical-admissibility-to-canada-n06

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
Hello friends

I have applied 4 PR n OW

April 2011
OW Dec. 2011
LC2 MR sep 2013

after Done MR there is no any news if any body know what will be next and how long time take cuz my husband done his medical Sep. 2013 n it's almost 4 and half months but no any news yes so plz let me know what I have to do? thank you

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIPA said:
Hello friends

I have applied 4 PR n OW

April 2011
OW Dec. 2011
LC2 MR sep 2013

after Done MR there is no any news if any body know what will be next and how long time take cuz my husband done his medical Sep. 2013 n it's almost 4 and half months but no any news yes so plz let me know what I have to do? thank you
ask your husband to call and confirm from the medical clinic where he had his medical exam if it already submitted his medical results to canada embassy of your country and ask what date submitted. after getting the details you can email canada embassy of your country that your husband medical has been done since Sept 2013 and results forwarded by the clinic to them so and so date. add in your email that you are now expecting soonest your landing interview and passport request for your family back home for visa issuance. forward the same email to CPC/CIC Canada and good luck :)

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
boyblue said:
ask your husband to call and confirm from the medical clinic where he had his medical exam if it already submitted his medical results to canada embassy of your country and ask what date submitted. after getting the details you can email canada embassy of your country that your husband medical has been done since Sept 2013 and results forwarded by the clinic to them so and so date. add in your email that you are now expecting soonest your landing interview and passport request for your family back home for visa issuance. forward the same email to CPC/CIC Canada and good luck :)

thank you so much ma dear to help me but sorry to 4get to write det my husbands Ecas says der medical rezlt has been received but after den der is no any news so you think so he has to email to CIC cuz our India CIC don't answer on phone so what u think what my husband has to do? or you want me to call CIC here in CANADA?

NIPA

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
thank you so much ma dear to help me but sorry to 4get to write det my husbands Ecas says der medical rezlt has been received but after den der is no any news so you think so he has to email to CIC cuz our India CIC don't answer on phone so what u think what my husband has to do? or you want me to call CIC here in CANADA?

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NIPA said:
this is what you should do:

send an email to CPC/CIC Canada (where you first filed your pr application 2yrs ago?) and write on the email that your LC2 (husband and/or children) has done their medical last Sept 2013 and your e-cas had been updated to medical received. that you are now enquiring about your landing interview date and passport request (PPR) for visa stamping of your LC2. mention also that after your LC2 medical there is no correspondence received by you up to now on the current status of your pr application.

this same email to CPC/CIC Canada you can forward or copy furnished to Canada Embassy India (i dont know your exact city). maybe Canada Embassy India has not yet informed CPC/CIC Canada that your LC2 already passed their medical. after LC2 passed medical, your landing interview and RFPR fees payment should follow, then after you landed and paid the fees, PPR of your LC2 will follow for visa stamping.

boyblue

Dec 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LC2 CEM Update 20 January 2014

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8h7e1a68p9bvcg6/LC2+CEM+Update+20+January+2014.docx

Jan 20, 2014
hi folks,
im a newbie here.. i hope im doing this right as i tried posting earlier but wasnt able to see the one i posted..
my first question to you guys is about the AOR.. do we need to wait for a letter from the cic stating that they received the forms that we sent to them or the acknowledgement from our e-cas (with a date) is enough as AOR? thank you :)