Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
Hi guys, there is a story on Global BC News Hour at 6 pm tonight (BC time). If you don't get a chance to watch it or you are not from BC then look it up on-line. You can watch a video on Global TV BC site, it's called "Why Canada won’t allow a 10 year-old girl to visit her father in BC".

There are talking about Immigration Canada not letting a daughter to visit her father here, in Canada. She is autistic. Anyway... I thought we could try to reach Global News. I'll watch it, maybe they'll give reporter's name or I'll try to find a contact.

Has anyone tried to contact Global BC News?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
since we are over 100 people on facebook,let each person give her location if we have like 20 people in each province,then we should all set a day to protest this and invite a report to talk to us or all of us should keep disturbing CIC's phone everyday day untill dey do something.

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
I've just watched that piece on Immigration Canada on Global News. It would be great to get some publicity for our situation. I wish we could go on strike! ::)

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Roselly, Yes and I've been there twice with my aunt who's a cashier in a nearby bookstore inside CBC buildind. I will really do this next week so if you have something to change or add in the letter, email it to me or PM me. Hope it will work :)

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Madeira said:
I've just watched that piece on Immigration Canada on Global News. It would be great to get some publicity for our situation. I wish we could go on strike! ::)
:D :p strike you say , they dont care if we go on strike my friend.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
strike , we have no canadian status now , if not all of live-in caregivers , they won't care but it would be dangerous to us!
if they care , they would not have done this to us.

melody chen

Apr 17, 2011
toronto on
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
melody chen said:
hi,guys i think nobody can help us only ourself.we have to do something that is effective. can we call some reporter who is from CTV or other media or the newspaper of torronto star ,we need to make a big voice on the mainstream media of canada.I am in torronto right now and i am a chinese , if you are in torronto as well and same feeling as me you can contact me , and also if you guys have some great idear let me know ,i will tell all the chinese nany . i think the terrible thing is not only for one person that is associated with all of us,right? my english is not good enough could you guys know what i mean? let's do something for ourself and our familes , just do it now .

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
Monalizy said:
:D :p strike you say , they dont care if we go on strike my friend.
I know, I wish we could. We are not bus drivers or airlines' employees. But I wish there was a way for us to make some impact, to get heard.

lulu197197

May 12, 2011
hi Dear:
You are not a bus driver,but do you have a human right? we need a good lowyer and media to help if you want to win!who want to be a leader to geather the live in caregivers together?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@madeira= what happen to the story of a daughter and the father? did you get the reporter's name?

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
Speaking of Human Rights. I've looked into Canadian Human Rights Act. I don't think we can file a complaint with them. There is no discrimination and that's what the Act is for. There is a web site. Look it up - Canadian Human Rights Commission. They also have offices in Ottawa, Edmonton and Montreal.

Does anyone know who was the lawyer/organization that dealt with that case when a caregiver got refused PR after second medical when she was diagnosed with cancer. That's when CIC dropped the second medical after some time. Maybe we can try contacting them.

Madeira

Apr 13, 2011
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
19-09-2011
rosellyalung said:
@ madeira= what happen to the story of a daughter and the father? did you get the reporter's name?
Not much. They just met with the guy and showed the letter from CIC and the comment they got from CIC. Nothing much. CIC's letter said that decision was final. You can watch it on-line Global TV BC " Denied for autism"

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
Madeira said:
Speaking of Human Rights. I've looked into Canadian Human Rights Act. I don't think we can file a complaint with them. There is no discrimination and that's what the Act is for. There is a web site. Look it up - Canadian Human Rights Commission. They also have offices in Ottawa, Edmonton and Montreal.

Does anyone know who was the lawyer/organization that dealt with that case when a caregiver got refused PR after second medical when she was diagnosed with cancer. That's when CIC dropped the second medical after some time. Maybe we can try contacting them.
I know who was Juana Tejada' lawyer, his name is Rafael Fabregas . He strongly asks PR UPON ARRIVAL for us , but the minister didn't care, he asks for us till today.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
rosellyalung, do you think we should let the Miniser Kenney know about the following points:
1. according to the LCP, most live-in caregivers will get the pr finally as long as we meet all the requirements of LCP, but our long depressing working situation will destroy our health, will increase Canadian medical cost,;
2. according to the LCP , live-in caregivers' dependants will finally get to Canada, but will cost more Canadian government's finance for their English and settling in Canada if come later.
3. For the humane Canada and Canadians , we are not supposed to be treated like this.

For both of sides , please don't keep live-in caregivers to be live-in caregiver for so long.

I am so angry that I don't know how to make the words expertly.