Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi xtalj,

I agree with you. let's do something. I hate to wait like this.

xtalj said:
What difference would it make, even we write a letter? Will it affect the processing time? Do yo think they will add man power to the department under the situation of shortage of funds?

My husband said he didn't want to come, after I told him it takes up to 26 months to get our PR. We are at our 40's, starting over in another country is harder than we thought. I've already put 3 years into this program from training to get to work here. It's hard to imagine, when I finally get my PR, what life is ahead of me, sometimes I doubt if all this is worthy.

It is said that for only two years, u can get PR for all your family, under this program. Actually it will take me 5 years to get there. And even so, there are still a lot of people back in my country want to go this way, the so called easiest immigration choice. I would tell them the truth and talk them out of this if I could.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
xtalj said:
What difference would it make, even we write a letter? Will it affect the processing time? Do yo think they will add man power to the department under the situation of shortage of funds?

My husband said he didn't want to come, after I told him it takes up to 26 months to get our PR. We are at our 40's, starting over in another country is harder than we thought. I've already put 3 years into this program from training to get to work here. It's hard to imagine, when I finally get my PR, what life is ahead of me, sometimes I doubt if all this is worthy.

It is said that for only two years, u can get PR for all your family, under this program. Actually it will take me 5 years to get there. And even so, there are still a lot of people back in my country want to go this way, the so called easiest immigration choice. I would tell them the truth and talk them out of this if I could.

I feel your pain buddy but 3 people's letter will not make the Minister change anything,if only all Caregivers could come together and protest this. They dont know what it feels like to tell your family you will be with them in 3year and then 3yrs turns 5yrs just for PR ! You leave your family behind to come take of a family who mal-treat you and then you wanna go you cant cos you just what all your suffering to give something good to your family but then the goood turns bad n uglier as you wake up everyday day to see they keep adding months to the day you are suppose to reunite with your family.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@emilycc- what happen to your family? that is sad to her though, i agree it caused a lot of arguments especially when we are away!
@monalizy and xtalj-maybe we can seek help to local newspaper then they can feature our concern what do you think? where are you from guys?what part of canada?thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
There have been representations made before (I think in Toronto), that is why these changes (no second medicals) had been made. Maybe if someone from the forum who knows who these people are maybe they can contact them to do something again. Strength in numbers guys, and connections too.

rosellyalung said:
@ emilycc- what happen to your family? that is sad to her though, i agree it caused a lot of arguments especially when we are away!
@ monalizy and xtalj-maybe we can seek help to local newspaper then they can feature our concern what do you think? where are you from guys?what part of canada?thanks

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monalizy said:
I feel your pain buddy but 3 people's letter will not make the Minister change anything,if only all Caregivers could come together and protest this. They dont know what it feels like to tell your family you will be with them in 3year and then 3yrs turns 5yrs just for PR ! You leave your family behind to come take of a family who mal-treat you and then you wanna go you cant cos you just what all your suffering to give something good to your family but then the goood turns bad n uglier as you wake up everyday day to see they keep adding months to the day you are suppose to reunite with your family.
Thanks for your understanding Monalizy. I agree with you that only all caregivers could do this then we might have a chance to make a change. The problem is how to get us all together.

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
There have been representations made before (I think in Toronto), that is why these changes (no second medicals) had been made. Maybe if someone from the forum who knows who these people are maybe they can contact them to do something again. Strength in numbers guys, and connections too.
Thanks Job_seeker for your advice. However I don't know any of those guys, I am in Vancouver. Anyone in Toronto?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@jobseeker-thanks for the support!
@xtalj- iam from edmonton alberta, mybe we can start bythe local organization we have in our province

anyone from toronto?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
wouls you think MLA would help us with our concerns?

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
Hindi ko alam kung gumagana pa yang number na yan, active sila noon pra magprotest about sa LCP, pinaglalaban kc nila yung karapatan ng LCP.
Joy C. Sioson
pwcontario@yahoo.ca
416-878-8772 or 416-656-2660

zhaotianwu

Nov 20, 2010
I am a newbie to Live-in caregiver and I've already found an employer who is willing to hire me. Can anybody help advice about the chance of getting a positive LMO today? I am male and I am already in Canada, will this affect the result? And how to prove my one year previous health-care related work experience?
This is probably my last chance of staying in Canada, any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
A certificate of employment and a previous contract with the description of your duties and responsibilities can help.

zhaotianwu said:
I am a newbie to Live-in caregiver and I've already found an employer who is willing to hire me. Can anybody help advice about the chance of getting a positive LMO today? I am male and I am already in Canada, will this affect the result? And how to prove my one year previous health-care related work experience?
This is probably my last chance of staying in Canada, any advice will be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@mydesire=thanks for the info my desire! pwedi tawagan lang cya?