+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am worried about the processing time too, it's getting much longer in just a few months. And I am about to submit my application in a couple months, by then it might be up to ....God know how long to get my OWP, and then 15 months for 2nd stage approval? It's brutal!

Even though now we have up to 4 years to complete our 2 years working under LCP to be eligible to apply for PR, with the prolonged processing time, we will have to work under LCP for about 3 years before we can change our occupation, not to mention that itwill cost us up to 4 years to get our PR.

Really Sad, Really Angry!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
i hope that is the worse case scenario for us! that is unfair! how come they made is too long for us? god bless us!

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanna ask, who among you have already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee upon filing the Application for PRV & OWP?

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of NOV.18
PROCESSING TIME: Step 1 10-11 months (working on applications received up to December 26, 2009)

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sydneywhite said:
I just wanna ask, who among you have already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee upon filing the Application for PRV & OWP?
Hi Sydneywhite! As far as I know, you don't have to pay the right of Permanent Residence Fee upon filing ur application for PR & OWP, u should pay them when they ask u to. I would be glad to pay this because that would mean that I have got my PR approved.

sydneywhite

Star Member
Aug 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xtalj said:
Hi Sydneywhite! As far as I know, you don't have to pay the right of Permanent Residence Fee upon filing ur application for PR & OWP, u should pay them when they ask u to. I would be glad to pay this because that would mean that I have got my PR approved.
I see, so paying or not paying RPRF initially is not a factor why the processing now is really slow & in such a long wait :(
Thank You!!!

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
The update for Nov 24 is still 10-11 months and it is processed up to Dec 29. I spoke with a call center agent and she actually confirmed that the whole processing time from the first stage to the finally stage approve is 26 months but for God sake's whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? It was usually 10-12 months for both stages.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@monalizy- it seems unfair for us right thats what i want to make a letter to the CIC so that they will know it is a big burden for us for that waiting time! any idea what we can doÉ that is so unfair! they dont know what we are experiencing

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The process got so slow, I don't know how to say.Guess we all have to work as a live-in for about 3 years before we get OWP. The government makes it faster for refugees, but postpone LCP, really sucks. Don't we contribute more to this country than they do? Shall we suffer this long to get our PR? They did nothing and they have the priority, IT IS NOT FAIR! And the government said they would improve our situation, this is so called improvement? to stuck us for 1 more year?

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
xtalj said:
The process got so slow, I don't know how to say.Guess we all have to work as a live-in for about 3 years before we get OWP. The government makes it faster for refugees, but postpone LCP, really sucks. Don't we contribute more to this country than they do? Shall we suffer this long to get our PR? They did nothing and they have the priority, IT IS NOT FAIR! And the government said they would improve our situation, this is so called improvement? to stuck us for 1 more year?
rosellyalung said:
@ monalizy- it seems unfair for us right thats what i want to make a letter to the CIC so that they will know it is a big burden for us for that waiting time! any idea what we can doÉ that is so unfair! they dont know what we are experiencing
It really unfair i must tell.The most annoying aspect of it is that,it takes 25-26 months for PR and after that we have to have stayed in Canada for two more years before we can apply for Citizenship and all together Live-in caregiver must spend close to 7 YEARS before we can become a canadian citizen ! This is so so not what we were told before leaving our families and friends behind and coming here to take care of other peoples family. I think all live in caregiver have to come together and Match the street.Refugees are treated better than us even though we are Tax payers too.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@xtalj and monalizy- do you want guys to write a letter with our names on it and send it to the minister? or make it known to a newspaper about our burden or heartaches about this? that is why i cant blame my husband why he just want to settle in singapore and because he is a PR there i can be too and if you become a singaporean citizen there is no need for a visa to come to US and canada, sometimes i am being tempted to give up this canada dream really because this cause fights between us, help i need an encouragement to be strong enough to play this waiting game!

emilycc

Dec 22, 2009
what they are doing now is just extremely painful. This is so unfair, this is not what they told us when we entry this country. Who wants to spent time like this! they should get suffering away from family for such long time as well. they sucks!!!! I am really really angry with their "improvement". this is not a improvement! this is punishment for our helpless people. why is that?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@emilycc- i know it is so hard! i think the processing is faster when we had our medical right? now that they waived the medical they made the processing times longer, i hope the CIC will be more lenient to us as to the waiting period! it is so stressing! it soemtiemes caused fights between my husband and me!

Suee

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jopok,

I am also in the same time line as your wife. Only 10 days gap between your wife's application date and mine. Also my husband and daughter received LC2 June 2010 and they sent to the embassy at July 2010. Until now they did not requested any additional info. or medical test. It is more than 3 years I am here in Canada and did't see my little daughter. I really miss her lot. I am wondering even in same time line they handle applications in a strange way. Hope you will get your PR very soon and all the best for your family.

jopok said:
thanks for the encouraging words. Im not worrying but instead, very eager to re-unite with my wife ASAP. Its been a long time since my wife took her vacation (July 2008) and it will our 4th xmas that we're apart together w/ our son. It's been really hard for us to wait but we have no choice and we are not in control of the situation. All we have to is to PRAY and keep PRAYINg until we have our VISA. Just keeping myself busy....thanks. God bless to all applicants.

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
@ xtalj and monalizy- do you want guys to write a letter with our names on it and send it to the minister? or make it known to a newspaper about our burden or heartaches about this? that is why i cant blame my husband why he just want to settle in singapore and because he is a PR there i can be too and if you become a singaporean citizen there is no need for a visa to come to US and canada, sometimes i am being tempted to give up this canada dream really because this cause fights between us, help i need an encouragement to be strong enough to play this waiting game!
What difference would it make, even we write a letter? Will it affect the processing time? Do yo think they will add man power to the department under the situation of shortage of funds?

My husband said he didn't want to come, after I told him it takes up to 26 months to get our PR. We are at our 40's, starting over in another country is harder than we thought. I've already put 3 years into this program from training to get to work here. It's hard to imagine, when I finally get my PR, what life is ahead of me, sometimes I doubt if all this is worthy.

It is said that for only two years, u can get PR for all your family, under this program. Actually it will take me 5 years to get there. And even so, there are still a lot of people back in my country want to go this way, the so called easiest immigration choice. I would tell them the truth and talk them out of this if I could.