Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
loida861 said:
I just checked my ecas today and it says:

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on January 7, 2013 to *** ************ about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I just want to ask the Nov 3, 2010 applicants if they also received the same update on their ecas? Is this the first stage approval? Because, couple weeks ago, I received a letter from CIC too, saying that I am qualified to apply for permanent residency and that I could apply now for an OWP (which I already have since last year.) I just wonder if the update now is the final decision?
Congratulations Loida on your appointment!!
I was wondering, you sent your PR application on Nov 2010, then when you received your OWP, after receiving then what happened? any changes on Ecas or letters received asking for police clearance or anything?
I sent mine on April 2012 and received OWP July 2012, my status on Ecas is still Application Received.
Could you please let me know so i can have a better idea?
Thanks!!

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
mcdebe said:
Hi guys!
I just want to ask if any of you renew their open permit. Mine is expiring February and I applied for renewal last November. But have not receive it until now. Am I allowed to stay in Canada while waiting for the new Open Permit? Suddenly I'm confused :(

Call cic and make a follow up. My LIC renewed his OWP and got after a month. BTW, when did you submit your application for PR? ?

loida861

Dec 8, 2011
cats_lover said:
Congratulations Loida on your appointment!!
I was wondering, you sent your PR application on Nov 2010, then when you received your OWP, after receiving then what happened? any changes on Ecas or letters received asking for police clearance or anything?
I sent mine on April 2012 and received OWP July 2012, my status on Ecas is still Application Received.
Could you please let me know so i can have a better idea?
Thanks!!
Thank you! After receiving my OWP they didn't ask for any additional documents anymore. I just waited. My ecas was still "IN PROCESS" that time. The only update after receiving my OWP was last December when it said there that "decision made". I wasn't pretty sure what it means, i thought it was AIP. Then just last week, after calling CIC, agent told me that a letter was sent to me last January 7. And now, i am still overwhelmed by the good news. Excited and tense at the same time for my upcoming interview. ;)

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
mcdebe said:
Hi guys!
I just want to ask if any of you renew their open permit. Mine is expiring February and I applied for renewal last November. But have not receive it until now. Am I allowed to stay in Canada while waiting for the new Open Permit? Suddenly I'm confused :(
i applied october 29 and got my open permit today but to my disappointment! it not even 2 years it expires on december 2015,,..its kind of unfair that my friends got theirs until dec 2016 while we have the same passport expiry and almost same date of owp renewal application..

OFELIA

Feb 6, 2011
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
Doc's Request.
FEB 21, 2011- OWP
AOR Received.
LC2- Nov2010- AOR- Feb 2011
Med's Request
LC2 med request: Nov. 04, 2012
Med's Done....
LC2 med done: Nov. 12, 2012
Interview........
March 27, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov. 29, 2012 (email) Rcv on Dec 10@CEM.
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa : April 10, 2013
lyvly said:
i applied october 29 and got my open permit today but to my disappointment! it not even 2 years it expires on december 2015,,..its kind of unfair that my friends got theirs until dec 2016 while we have the same passport expiry and almost same date of owp renewal application..
ok na rin yan, ako nga since 2011 i got my owp, twice na ko nag renew, kasi one year lang binibigay sa kin,kahit na 2015 pa expirarion ng passport ko. i renewed last Nov 6, and still waiting for it. my 2nd owp expired on Jan 6.. so be happy ;D

Vruu

Jan 16, 2013
Hi, this is my first post. I'm a live-in caregiver from Mexico. I'm sooo happy I found this site. I'm not due to send my PR until Jan 2014 haha but I wanted to get an idea of how long the process is taking. I'm very nervous to apply, and I'm still not too sure if I will be able to stay with this same family for the duration of the process. It's been... hard... but I'm very close to the finish line and I really don't want to throw it all away and go back home.
Anyway thank you for all of your updates, they are very helpful for us future applicants! Also, hi to all the Mexicans around here! ;D

cimaron

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Alberta
NOC Code......
LC1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-10 Start Processing:8-24-10 LC2 Received:10-12-12 LC2 Sent: 11-12-12
AOR Received.
March 13, 2013
Med's Request
Sept. 25,2013
Med's Done....
Nov.2 2013
Interview........
March 26, 2014
Passport Req..
Jan 27 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2014
LANDED..........
March 26, 2014
Vruu said:
Hi, this is my first post. I'm a live-in caregiver from Mexico. I'm sooo happy I found this site. I'm not due to send my PR until Jan 2014 haha but I wanted to get an idea of how long the process is taking. I'm very nervous to apply, and I'm still not too sure if I will be able to stay with this same family for the duration of the process. It's been... hard... but I'm very close to the finish line and I really don't want to throw it all away and go back home.
Anyway thank you for all of your updates, they are very helpful for us future applicants! Also, hi to all the Mexicans around here! ;D
Welcome Vruu. I find this forum very helpful for me too and whatever information or question you have just share it and i'm sure people in this forum will help you. God bless.

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Vruu said:
Hola Vruu.
Where do you live? I was a caregiver and im from Mexico as well, unfortunately we are not many mexicans under LCP in Canada, it is a phillipino "mafia" LOL
I live in Vancouver, and you?

Vruu

Jan 16, 2013
Hola cats_lover!! Por alguna razon no me deja contestarte el PM q me mandaste pero mi correo esta visible Si quieres escribeme por ahi! And yes there aren't many mexican LCP (or mexicans around here at least haha) I live a couple of hours east of Toronto, outside of Cobourg (in the middle of the country=in the middle of nothing haha)

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Hello All!

Probably this will be my last post....

I got a letter in the end of december saying that my process for PR was over and I was approved.

A week after I received another letter saying that my interview would be in the following week.

Now, after the interview ( not actually an interview), I am a permanent resident. Just waiting for my PR card.

After the interview you are already a permanent resident, and you won't be without any document, they give you a paper that it's actually your permanent residency. The PR it's for you to get in and out of the country. The paper is already a document.

Anyway, changed sin number and care card...now back to life....

Good luck to all of you!

You can still email me: vancouverbr@yahoo.ca

Cheers

Strike Nannies

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strikenannies said:
Hello All!

I got a letter in the end of december saying that my process for PR was over and I was approved.

A week after I received another letter saying that my interview would be in the following week.

Now, after the interview ( not actually an interview), I am a permanent resident. Just waiting for my PR card.

After the interview you are already a permanent resident, and you won't be without any document, they give you a paper that it's actually your permanent residency. The PR it's for you to get in and out of the country. The paper is already a document.

Good luck to all of you!

You can still email me: vancouverbr @ yahoo.ca

Cheers

Strike Nannies

Congrats! Good for yoU!

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Strikenannies said:
Hello All!

Good luck to all of you!

You can still email me: vancouverbr @ yahoo.ca

Cheers

Strike Nannies
Congrats! So on the date of interview is like you land as immigrat. Officially the start of counting towards citizenship. When and how do we pay for RPRF before or after the interview? Thanks

Panda28

May 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vruu said:

Hi Vruu and Cats_lover! Mi nombre es Alma y soy de Mexico tambien vivo en Victoria. tengo ya tres años en este foro casi no me conecto pero si es de mucha ayuda y si tienen razon son muchos los Filipinos aqui, y creo solo nosotros tres somos de Mexico.
Estoy aqui con mis esposo y dos ninos, mi esposo tambien tiene papeles de caregiver, asi es como venimos pero el año pasado en marzo recibimos nuestros permisos de trabajos abiertos, y aplique para mi residencia en el 2011 asi que como veran ya tengo 2años de espera espero ya llegue pronto.

I'm january 2011 waiting for the PR. ::)