+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

geca20

Nov 9, 2011
san_82 said:
Hi Job_seeker,

i m live in caregiver.i applied for PR Dec/2011 and got owp on march/2012....i want to know.....my employer has his own transport company,,,,he wants ,i work with him in his company....is it possible to work with same employer ,,,,,,,,,and stay at his home ....is immigration ask me why u work with same employer instead of anywhere else, u have open wp...plz help me...i have to change my status and inform CRA
Beauty of open work permit is that you can work for ANYONE that you choose, that includes current employer in the same position, or in an other capacity that you choose. You are lucky that your employer sees your value to the business. You can work for as many employers that you want..go for it.. and thank you for your valued contribution to Canada

san_82

Jan 28, 2012
geca20 said:
Beauty of open work permit is that you can work for ANYONE that you choose, that includes current employer in the same position, or in an other capacity that you choose. You are lucky that your employer sees your value to the business. You can work for as many employers that you want..go for it.. and thank you for your valued contribution to Canada
Thanks both of u,,,,,,,i will try my best for this job because v need lot of hardwork for this job///

xtalj

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every live-in caregiver,

The processing time for live-in caregivers to get PR is now 40 months in total, three-fold of the 12 month in 2010. Nannies are facing as long as 5.5 years to complete the working and applying process to get their Canadian PR status. During that time, we can neither reunite with our family, nor get higher level education in Canada with domestic tuition fee. Is that the reward for all our hard work and sacrifice of being apart from our husbands and children? Is that fair that we suffer so much for so long with minimum pay to contribute to the economy, just to get the continuously prolonged processing time? IT IS NOT FAIR!!!

However, we can make a CHANGE together. The following is the Petition for all the live-in caregivers to appeal to End Delays in Permanent Residence Approvals: To Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Minister Jason Kenney of CIC. More than 700 people have already signed to support it. We still need more signature to make this happen. Please, live-in caregivers, for Yourself, and for Your Family, sign it and make a change of our fate.

http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregivers-appeal-to-end-delays-in-permanent-residence-approvals-to-prime-minister-stephen-harper-and-minister-jason-kenney-of-cic#

Let's do it now! I'm tired of doing nothing but wait, aren't you? The processing time of our PR application has been extended each time when I check it. If we do nothing, who knows how long in the end we will have to wait till we get our PR. It's time to ACT!

PS: I am having a surgery tomorrow, and it might be cancerous. I don't know if I can make it to the day that I get my PR, but I do hope other nannies can suffer less than I do. God bless us all!

Applied for PR: Mar 2011
Case in Process:April 2011
Open WP: Dec 2011
PR: Will I ever see that day coming....?

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
“THE DREAM THAT STEAL BY TIME”

The dream that steal by time, I have a dream, a dream for my family...a greener pasture. A life we can share with all the members of family, not alone not by two people but a family that will cherish forever. Coming to Canada put my key to it's door to my Dream .., leaving my wife my growing kids , showing to them to sacrifice my absence for this moves are for them...UNFAIR for them , feeling guilty not having them for along time..I feel it to my eldest son and this is not the way that I want in molding a family, I've been raised by a simple family, easy life but perfect happiness, I start my Family simple, leaving in a small town but we are together to share daily chore , in toughness and in happiness. Life is not that hard as long as we are all intact , it is really hard to be away with your love ones , the day I decided to work in Canada is a tough one for me...but there is always hope ...I just put it in mind that this is just a challenge..but every move there is always obstacles..hoping after 2 years as caregiver I can say I am free for my obligation.... ‘'those did not happened.....HARDWORK , PATIENCE, longingness are with me side by side, ... I can't hold all this 3 words anymore after months of my application for permanent residence...My life getting worst everyday...Lots of things happening..this long processing times is steeling my dream for my family...we are human being, we have also feeling same with the other people in Canada, may you are a born citizen, an immigrant citizen or temporary worker, we are the same. But this immigration system not treating us as Human being...I thought Canada has this humanitarian system but I am wrong..I fell it ..they treating us temporary worker as sore eyes of society, we are paying taxes same as “citizens” and “immigrants”. But the government is not giving us EQUAL privileges....IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL HUMAN ACT???...we're is the real CANADA ? OH CANADA you break my heart , you steel my family..may Love..my DREAM for my family... WHY is it this government is having a hard time in approving live-in caregiver applicants for permanent residence? Why applicants with dependant have different processing times with single applicant? Why we still have to wait for months and years in order to have PR status even though we already work 2 years before they accept application? WHY WHY WHY????.....my dream is vanishing because of long processing time...........PLEASE PRIME MINISTER HARPER AND MINISTER JASON KENNEY..help us to build a right path..WE WANT A FASTER APPOVAL FOR LIVE-IN CAREGIVER PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICANT.

TO ALL READERS OF THIS SITE PLEASE MOVE NOW...WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT..SIGN THE PETITION...

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/speeches/2012/2012-05-25.asp

The Minister Kenney speaks a lot about all-all-all programs and they are improving the immigration system and bla-bla-bla... Nothing about live-in caregiver, nothing, not a single word...

Please sign the petition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
TOWN HALL MEETING WITH JINNY SIMS , NDP IMMIGRATION CRITIC
June 23,2012 from 12noon - 2 pm

http://jinnysims.ndp.ca/node/184248

http://jinnysims.ndp.ca/sites/default/files/jinnysims.ndp.ca/uploads/Live-In%20Caregiver%20Townhall.jpg

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Hello,
Anybody sent OPW/PR application in March 2012? I haven't have a chance to call the immigration . Anybody has any update? What month are they opening the applications now?
Thank you so much.

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Birdy said:
Hello,
Anybody sent OPW/PR application in March 2012? I haven't have a chance to call the immigration . Anybody has any update? What month are they opening the applications now?
Thank you so much.
Today annemaria, applicant February 3 2012, got her OWP. You will be next (soon).

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
kablas99 said:
“THE DREAM THAT STEAL BY TIME”

The dream that steal by time, I have a dream, a dream for my family...a greener pasture. A life we can share with all the members of family, not alone not by two people but a family that will cherish forever. Coming to Canada put my key to it's door to my Dream .., leaving my wife my growing kids , showing to them to sacrifice my absence for this moves are for them...UNFAIR for them , feeling guilty not having them for along time..I feel it to my eldest son and this is not the way that I want in molding a family, I've been raised by a simple family, easy life but perfect happiness, I start my Family simple, leaving in a small town but we are together to share daily chore , in toughness and in happiness. Life is not that hard as long as we are all intact , it is really hard to be away with your love ones , the day I decided to work in Canada is a tough one for me...but there is always hope ...I just put it in mind that this is just a challenge..but every move there is always obstacles..hoping after 2 years as caregiver I can say I am free for my obligation.... ‘'those did not happened.....HARDWORK , PATIENCE, longingness are with me side by side, ... I can't hold all this 3 words anymore after months of my application for permanent residence...My life getting worst everyday...Lots of things happening..this long processing times is steeling my dream for my family...we are human being, we have also feeling same with the other people in Canada, may you are a born citizen, an immigrant citizen or temporary worker, we are the same. But this immigration system not treating us as Human being...I thought Canada has this humanitarian system but I am wrong..I fell it ..they treating us temporary worker as sore eyes of society, we are paying taxes same as “citizens” and “immigrants”. But the government is not giving us EQUAL privileges....IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL HUMAN ACT???...we're is the real CANADA ? OH CANADA you break my heart , you steel my family..may Love..my DREAM for my family... WHY is it this government is having a hard time in approving live-in caregiver applicants for permanent residence? Why applicants with dependant have different processing times with single applicant? Why we still have to wait for months and years in order to have PR status even though we already work 2 years before they accept application? WHY WHY WHY????.....my dream is vanishing because of long processing time...........PLEASE PRIME MINISTER HARPER AND MINISTER JASON KENNEY..help us to build a right path..WE WANT A FASTER APPOVAL FOR LIVE-IN CAREGIVER PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICANT.

TO ALL READERS OF THIS SITE PLEASE MOVE NOW...WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT..SIGN THE PETITION...
I just hope Kenney and Harper would be able to read this...

Russian Nanny

May 23, 2012
Oh sure, they will! Because Harper and Kenney read nothing but this forum!! Get real, people! The posts like this do not mean anything to them because they do not read them at all. If you want your letter to be read by lots of people- send it to a newspaper! Or else- sign the petition and make a difference.

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
My friend's employers says that the only thing politicians pay attention to is MEDIA/ NEWSPAPER ETC.

So let's write to the reporter of the Filipino community.

tcohen@postmedia.com
balita@sympatico.ca
filipiniananews@rogers.com
info@filipinojournal.com
armand@ifilipino.ca
likhanewsmag@rogers.com
mediamonitor@rogers.com
FilipinoBulletin@sympatico.ca
philreporter@gmail.com
info@philippinenewstoday.ca
editor@postpeopleinc.com
events@postpeopleinc.com
jcyatco@gmail.com
iyatco@gmail.com

poch

May 30, 2012
Anybody here who submiited last March any news????? I got a friend it only took 1month for her OWP to be processed.