+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
honiko said:
I just called CIC to clarify some error on the medical form for my husband, I also clarified if my husband can apply for OWP and she said yes as long as you received a letter of first stage approval.

I also called CIC just now. The agent told me that the OWP should say that the foreign worker is "Skilled" to be able for his/her spouse to apply for OWP as well. He also mentioned that, for example, your work is non-skilled i.e. fast food service crews, nanny etc., then spouse can't apply. However, the regular OWP can be converted into OWP-Skilled when you are able to furnish the requirements for such application.

Historically, these agents give inconsistent answers... so we don't know which one is a credible answer. :(

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Is open work permit would give us eligibility for our spouse to apply for work permit?

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
rosellyalung said:
Is open work permit would give us eligibility for our spouse to apply for work permit?
I think there is a separate thread for spousal open work permit, maybe we can get some answers there...

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
Girls!

We have more than 200 signatures only in 3 days. Let's keeping asking friends and family. Do not forget to write your opinion too, I believe that it's really important. More better! Remember that our goal is 1000.

Even the girls that got their papers already. Please do not forget how hard is this situation and help the next caregivers in the line.

http://www.change.org/petitions/live-in-caregiver-program-in-canada-faster-1st-stage-of-approval-after-apply-for-pr-under-the-lcp-in-canada

Thanks!

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
rosellyalung said:
Hi Rosell hope you are doing well.
With LICs OWP, i see some get OWP for not only their spouses but dependants too.
Those are inland cases that seems a lot easier than who remains abroad.
It depends on VO abroad i guess but you can always try it.

honiko

Nov 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Just Tiis said:
I also called CIC just now. The agent told me that the OWP should say that the foreign worker is "Skilled" to be able for his/her spouse to apply for OWP as well. He also mentioned that, for example, your work is non-skilled i.e. fast food service crews, nanny etc., then spouse can't apply. However, the regular OWP can be converted into OWP-Skilled when you are able to furnish the requirements for such application.

Historically, these agents give inconsistent answers... so we don't know which one is a credible answer. :(
The agent I spoke with said that I can do so when I receive the first stage letter of approval , that is, if I included him on my PR application. So now, I'm waiting for that letter before proceeding for the application.

Mrs. Just Tiis

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
honiko said:
The agent I spoke with said that I can do so when I receive the first stage letter of approval , that is, if I included him on my PR application. So now, I'm waiting for that letter before proceeding for the application.
I see. It makes sense now. Coz when I asked the agent, I didn't mention that the spouse has a pending PR application.
Thanks. That is a very useful info.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
That is good to know so i have to wait for my open work permit?

roxaida

Nov 18, 2011
Grande prairie alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2011
Doc's Request.
LC2 April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
congrats argy!!!

can i ask something? dont u have any interview before you received your open work permit?

Argy said:
Hi guys,

Finally I got my OWP yesterday :). My application was sent on May 13 2010, I am married but my husband had no receive LC2.
Long waiting, no job, depressed.... made me go back home since 5 months ago. Now I want to go back to Canada, I am unemployed, I need to apply for TRV. I need an advice if you know, how can I do it?, Can my husband go to Canada under my OPW while both of us waiting there for PR?

Please!!..... Thanks in advance

roxaida

Nov 18, 2011
Grande prairie alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2011
Doc's Request.
LC2 April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
mrs. just tiis: i just called CIC now and asked for open work permit application for spouses who has pending PR application... the agent says, spouse can apply for OWP if the spouse is in canada too... but if outside canada, its not possible... they're confusing!!!! geeez!

Mrs. Just Tiis said:
I see. It makes sense now. Coz when I asked the agent, I didn't mention that the spouse has a pending PR application.
Thanks. That is a very useful info.

Argy

Apr 4, 2010
Thank you!. No I didnt have any interview for OWP, but now Im in my home (Colombia), just trying figure out how to apply for my TRV if I dont have any job.

roxaida

Nov 18, 2011
Grande prairie alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/03/2011
Doc's Request.
LC2 April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
March 6, 2014
oh! i thought you were in philippines?

just print all the forms through net, then fill it up and submit it at buffalo. they say, its faster if your application is sent there.