+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

mybhabyu

Nov 22, 2010
Truegirl said:
hi Guys.. just want to share this..
My friend who applied for PR May 2010 from Philippines got her open work permit last week of Nov 2011. She checked last week with CIC regarding the status of the application of her dependents in Philippines and they said that she should make follow up on Canadian Embassy in Manila bcoz their file has been transferred already.
Today, her husband got a call from Canadian Embassy, Manila. The embassy told him to email them the names of all the dependents, mailing address in Philippines and Canada, contact info (email and phone) both in Philippines and Canada. The email add they gave was manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
We dont know yet what will be the letter they will be sending.. Is anyone experienced same situation like this? :D
maybe cem will send the lc2 kit for them??

123chow

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birdy said:
So if they haven't open then nothing there can't even see anything ? Because that what it is :'( Dan! I just want to make sure they really got my papers that's all.!.!
same with me.. were in the same boat right now.. waiting without even knowing if they really have our papers...

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
123chow said:
same with me.. were in the same boat right now.. waiting without even knowing if they really have our papers...
Well, not cool at all not cool. At least they should show that they received it, so people don't have to be so worried and can't sleep.!! Btw my friend she sent same time as you she got opw in 3 weeks 1 week in processed 2 weeks got opw!. I wish this country treated people all the same lol..!! Well remember there is unfairness in this world. So.....!?!

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi ,
these new changes too apply too us
http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/changes-canada-live-caregiver-program-invite-mixed-response-18033.html

XhLei

Feb 23, 2012
madpotato said:
I feel bad for these 2010 applicants who needed to wait 18 months for only OWP,however ,that is not a reasonable time period for an OWP.if that happen,these lice in caregive should be told that they need finished 42 months then they r ok to apply their OWP.

Yes, your right!CIC should have told the LCP applicants the maximum processing time for OWP & PR approval so we don't have to hope everyday.
In Manila,Philippines (Canadian Embassy), they informed the applicants in writing that it will take 24 to 36 months to process the application for A Work Visa. I still was able to get my passport at the Canadian Embassy and applied to another country. Came back to the Philippines when my kit arrived. They were decent enough to let the applicants be informed right away at the time of the application.

123chow

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Birdy said:
Well, not cool at all not cool. At least they should show that they received it, so people don't have to be so worried and can't sleep.!! Btw my friend she sent same time as you she got opw in 3 weeks 1 week in processed 2 weeks got opw!. I wish this country treated people all the same lol..!! Well remember there is unfairness in this world. So.....!?!
WHAAAAATTT.....??? 3 weeks... mannnn now im jealous... l :D oh well lets just hope that our time will come.. my friend also submitted her papers last nov.28.. an yesterday she check it in ecas after 3 months or so they post that they have recve her application by dec 1.... so i guess lets just wait for a while...

lholie

Star Member
Oct 29, 2011
Ladysmith, British Columbia
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Truegirl said:
My friend who applied for PR May 2010 from Philippines got her open work permit last week of Nov 2011. She checked last week with CIC regarding the status of the application of her dependents in Philippines and they said that she should make follow up on Canadian Embassy in Manila bcoz their file has been transferred already.
Today, her husband got a call from Canadian Embassy, Manila. The embassy told him to email them the names of all the dependents, mailing address in Philippines and Canada, contact info (email and phone) both in Philippines and Canada. The email add they gave was manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
We dont know yet what will be the letter they will be sending.. Is anyone experienced same situation like this? :D
My dependent has not experience that and they are back in the Philippines as well. Although I tried emailing them but without no luck there was no response at all. Hey, hope keep updating us on the status of your friend coz I am an April 2010 applicant and till now there is no update it would be nice if your friend can get a good response from the Canadian office in Manila. Thank you!!

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Truegirl said:
i wonder why canadian embassy manila want her to send the name,address and contact info of her dependants, doesn't cic here send their file already to CEM?they should be the one who tells them all the information about the dependants of the applicants so im pretty sure they know all about the dependants information,maybe they are just double checking, im just wondering... oh well it maybe something good for them

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
123chow said:
WHAAAAATTT.....??? 3 weeks... mannnn now im jealous... l :D oh well lets just hope that our time will come.. my friend also submitted her papers last nov.28.. an yesterday she check it in ecas after 3 months or so they post that they have recve her application by dec 1.... so i guess lets just wait for a while...
It's not fair don't you think?

Cjoie28

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2010
Birdy said:
It's not fair don't you think?
You know what's not fair?! 15 months of waiting and I still haven't received OWP and AIP. If you just submit yours recently, I'm not being mean but I think a little patience is all you need.

I keep tweeting Mr. Kenney about the long processing time and hopefully he does something about it. But i doubt it, I am losing hope and patience already. Grrrrrr :(

Any news from anybody here?!!

Truegirl

Jan 30, 2012
lholie said:
My dependent has not experience that and they are back in the Philippines as well. Although I tried emailing them but without no luck there was no response at all. Hey, hope keep updating us on the status of your friend coz I am an April 2010 applicant and till now there is no update it would be nice if your friend can get a good response from the Canadian office in Manila. Thank you!!
Yeah, I'll keep u updated if what will be the next step the Canadian embassy will make on their application. This is also the 1st time we encountered this situation. Bcoz usually they will send a letter to the family but instead they just called. That's why we are also wondering.

Berry11

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2010
Just an update:
My dependent received a call from cic manila asking if they have an e-mail address where they can send the application kit, when my dependent said she doesn't know how to send e-mail ( she's only 9 years old) they just verified our address with my mother and they said they are just going to send the application kit by mail.
Hope it's not gonna take forever for that kit to arrive...

Shelleonn

Jun 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berry11 said:
Just an update:
My dependent received a call from cic manila asking if they have an e-mail address where they can send the application kit, when my dependent said she doesn't know how to send e-mail ( she's only 9 years old) they just verified our address with my mother and they said they are just going to send the application kit by mail.
Hope it's not gonna take forever for that kit to arrive...
@berry11 hi does the CEM told your dependants that they are gonna send the kit via email?but since your dependants doesnt have email address they are just gonna send the kit via regular mail?thanks

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Cjoie28 said:
You know what's not fair?! 15 months of waiting and I still haven't received OWP and AIP. If you just submit yours recently, I'm not being mean but I think a little patience is all you need.

I keep tweeting Mr. Kenney about the long processing time and hopefully he does something about it. But i doubt it, I am losing hope and patience already. Grrrrrr :(

Any news from anybody here?!!
And you are single!? :eek: So not freaking fair!? How come all others they all got it! Call and ask them or something I don't know maybe you might get PR. Before them tho.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Shelleonn said:
@ berry11 hi does the CEM told your dependants that they are gonna send the kit via email?but since your dependants doesnt have email address they are just gonna send the kit via regular mail?thanks
Parekoi.

CEM is also communicating thru emails, a friend of mine her LC2 received an email from CEM but it was in the SPAM mails..informing her lc2 of additional requirements, its good that her husband for curiousity check the spam mails then there it goes!!! he was in panic because it was already 15days late when he saw the email.so its better to check also even the spam mails.