+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
molo5000 said:
@ Ebony.. yes, i know what you mean about "Its better than nothing though but I really want to hear the first stage approval instead", especially on your case that you had wait already for almost 17 months then you got yours ..but still PENDING, right?
To some I know they are happy so much even though they that pending remarks but at least they didn't waited as we did!
I'm just hoping that CIC will gave initial approval stage on FIFO bases. ;D

Mine, I don't know yet what is the remarks as I don't receive the letter yet from them (CIC).
My dependants don't under go medical exam as they were born here. Only me and my wife applied for OWP & PR, and we don't under go second medical exam! The medical exam we did is only when we came here to work under the program (LIC).
@ molo
You can ask CIC call centre agent if your application is approved in principle as well.

I believe you included your spouse in your application for OWP and PR as a inland dependant.
Thats why her OWP is issued that means you have got the decision made already eventhough your ecas has not been updated. Now, im wondering if your wife will undergo the medical exam regardless her IMM status under LCP coz she is not a principal applicant.

If not, how could you and your wife apply for OWP and PR separately? Eventhough she is under LCP, you guys are family that doesnt make any sense to me.

madpotato

Nov 24, 2011
roxaida said:
Guys, my friend just got her owp on her hand a while ago... She said another friend of ours, received owp too last month and received pr in just 3weeks!!!

Im just sharing... :D
Neat! When they mailed their application?

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sofie, I am november2010 applicant too,,,I am eager to have my owp because am too bored,. my sister got her owp lastweek and she's january2011.:(

Sofie

Oct 25, 2011
tinkermarie said:
hi sofie, I am november2010 applicant too,,,I am eager to have my owp because am too bored,. my sister got her owp lastweek and she's january2011.:(
hi there, you will get yours this week and that's for sure. i was not really expecting this cause everytime i call cic they never feed me enough updates except that it is on process and everytime i check ecas i cannot open it, so having received a good news from the hotline this morning is so overwhelming. just keep the faith....

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Once again, Minister Jason Kenney is no Santa Claus to temporary foreign workers in Canada under the LCP

National Statement

For immediate release

November 28, 2011

Toronto, ON – With the recent announcement by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney to slash approvals of over 7,000 permanent residency applications made through the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), progressive Filipino Canadians firmly maintain that under the Conservative government’s policy-imposed age of austerity for all working-class Canadians, no amount of change or “improvement” can be made to the LCP and the endemically exploitative nature of the immigration system itself while it continues to stamp and seal entry to workers to toil under conditions of modern-day slavery.

With the passage of two years since Kenney’s holiday announcement of cosmetic changes to the LCP, we have seen no real improvement in the conditions of the Filipino Canadian community. Instead, amidst a worsening healthcare crisis and an ailing global economy, we have only witnessed the continuing marginalization and exploitation of Filipino Canadian women, youth and workers. We refuse to be duped by the blatantly aggressive attacks against our community as the unabated expansion of temporary migration continues to extend our vulnerability and to hold us hostage to our immigration status while we now face longer processing wait times for open permits and permanent residency status.

Under the Conservative government, Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) plan to expand temporary migration includes reducing the number of caregivers granted permanent status—to 9,000 in 2012, down from 16,000 this year—and extending wait times for open permit applications from six to eight months to up to 18 months. Also, the development of the “Supervisa” for parents and grandparents has phased out permanent residency and family reunification through parent and grandparent sponsorship indefinitely. It is no accident that such slashes and cuts are occurring while recorded applications for entry under the LCP are at their highest, and while demand for the cheap, yet skilled provision of childcare and healthcare is at its peak.

Members of the Congress of Progressive Filipino Canadians (CPFC) assert that the LCP has never been an answer for Canada’s childcare and healthcare needs. Instead, it has merely provided a temporary, low-wage and privatized solution for our inadequate and declining healthcare system. Since its implementation in the 1980s, it has systematically brought over 100,000 Filipino women and their families to settle in Canada under the guise of conditional opportunities, yet continues to deny them their just and genuine settlement and integration, as majority of the Filipino Canadian community continue to suffer the impacts of deskilling, family separation, systemic racism and economic marginalization.

“We strive to contribute to Canadian society while the concerted efforts of the neoliberal agenda prevent us from genuinely settling, integrating and fully participating in a place that is now also our home. Alongside our mothers who have been brought in under the LCP, we continue to be segregated to low-wage and casualized jobs. While newcomer families are trapped in a cycle of poverty, it is no surprise that we have some of the highest high school dropout rates in Canada’s major cities,” says Neil Castro, Chairperson of UKPC/FCYA’s National Council.

An estimated $25 billion is what the Canadian government is saving in healthcare costs due to the contribution of over 2 million unpaid caregivers, who often perform duties that would require the attention of healthcare professionals and support workers. Under the live-in caregiver program, healthcare professionals, especially nurses from the Philippines, are placed under strict conditions not to practice their profession or go back to school in order to complete their requirements. Often paid at a rate of less than minimum wage, live-in caregivers perform care work for all demographics in Canada, but also perform housework and additional duties outside the specifications of the program. The work of unpaid caregivers and live-in caregivers is an example of the cost cutting and privatized measures our government has taken to buttress our crippling healthcare system.

In addition, the all-around costs of immigration, including applications for work permits, landing fees, board and lodging, purchasing goods and contributing taxes, are being made at the expense of transnational working class communities, while Canada saves further healthcare dollars. “We cannot accept being cheap disposable commodities,” says Cecilia Diocson, Executive Director of the National Alliance of Philippine Women in Canada. “We refuse to live under constant fear and threat of deportation while we contribute so much to Canadian society.”

“Our lives are more than just numbers,” contends Roderick Carreon, National Chairperson of SIKLAB Canada. “Our lives cannot be capped like quotas. We must demand genuine immigration programs and demand a stop to temporariness and migrant work programs as the only means for our community to come to Canada.” Members of the CPFC will continue to demand for the fulfillment of our lives as working class peoples by building the path towards our just and genuine settlement and integration.

Stop the deportation of live-in caregivers!

No to the expansion of the temporary foreign workers program!

Scrap the racist and anti-woman Live-in Caregiver Program!

Advance the struggle for a just and genuine settlement and integration!

-30-

Organizations under the CPFC:

National Alliance of Philippine Women in Canada (NAPWC)

SIKLAB Canada (Advance and Uphold the Struggle of Filipino Canadian Workers)

Ugnayan ng Kabataang Pilipino sa Canada/Filipino Canadian Youth Alliance – National

Sinag Bayan Arts Collective – National

Philippines-Canada Task Force on Human Rights (PCTFHR)

For more information:

Joy C. Sioson

(416) 519-2553

pwc-on@magkaisacentre.org

www.magkaisacentre.org

Sofie

Oct 25, 2011
@ wsongco....my dearest confidante here on the forum, i just want to inform you that finally the immigration issued my OWP just yesterday dec. 10, 2010...i am so thankful and ecstatic right now...i want to thank you for your support when i couldn't find somebody to confide my worries on my application, thank you for touching peoples lives it is very humbling...goodluck to you and your plans in life...take care and happy holidays!!!!

Sofie

Oct 25, 2011
Cjoie28 said:
Congrats! Does it say in your OWP that your PR is approved or still pending? Im applied dec 2010, i hope its my turn soon.
Thank you, i have not received my OWP yet so I am not sure. I will be phoning the CIC tomorrow to update my PR application.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
EbonyIvory said:
@ molo
You can ask CIC call centre agent if your application is approved in principle as well.

I believe you included your spouse in your application for OWP and PR as a inland dependant.
Thats why her OWP is issued that means you have got the decision made already eventhough your ecas has not been updated. Now, im wondering if your wife will undergo the medical exam regardless her IMM status under LCP coz she is not a principal applicant.

If not, how could you and your wife apply for OWP and PR separately? Eventhough she is under LCP, you guys are family that doesnt make any sense to me.
@ Ebony.. Yes, me and my wife apply for OWP & PR together, but me as principal applicant. I don't think she will be needed another medical as she finished her program too last November 2010, and there is no advice or apdate from CIC that she need to go a medical exam.
My ecas change last Wednesday, 2 days after I learned that our OWP were approved..
molo5000 said:
Just checked my ecas, and had changed now to Decision Made. ..after 2 days! ;D
And one more thing, I think we have our PR easily, what I mean like single applicant. Because we don't have dependant back home to take or with in our application! So no reason to delay in our PR assessment. Again, this is only my perception on our case. Hope it will be! ;D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Sofie said:
@ wsongco....my dearest confidante here on the forum, i just want to inform you that finally the immigration issued my OWP just yesterday dec. 10, 2010...i am so thankful and ecstatic right now...i want to thank you for your support when i couldn't find somebody to confide my worries on my application, thank you for touching peoples lives it is very humbling...goodluck to you and your plans in life...take care and happy holidays!!!!
your welcome sofie. congratulations to you and all who received and getting their owp soon. other whose still waiting im praying owp will come very soon.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
molo5000 said:
@ Ebony.. Yes, me and my wife apply for OWP & PR together, but me as principal applicant. I don't think she will be needed another medical as she finished her program too last November 2010, and there is no advice or apdate from CIC that she need to go a medical exam.
My ecas change last Wednesday, 2 days after I learned that our OWP were approved..
And one more thing, I think we have our PR easily, what I mean like single applicant. Because we don't have dependant back home to take or with in our application! So no reason to delay in our PR assessment. Again, this is only my perception on our case. Hope it will be! ;D
@ Ebony.. oh BTW.. I just asked my wife regarding our kids, she told me that we do declared them as our dependant too in our application even they were born here! ;D

miseria

Star Member
Feb 14, 2011
wsongco, where did u get that post? would u know how many caregivers are applying for pr as of dec 2011? are there more than 9000? we still cant rejoice after all? if there are more than 9000 pr applicants as of 2010, then 2011 applicants will no longer be granted pr?
so the new pilot project is bargain after all.

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
Sofie said:
Thank you, happy holidays to you!
Happy Holiday to you & your family too! ;)

EbonyIvory

Oct 18, 2011
molo5000 said:

OMG!!!!! molo I remember your post that was few days ago.
Then how come you are concerned about the remarks on your OWP?
Your journey to the first stage approval is over so trust me CIC already sent you and your spouse' regular OWPs not the pilot project ones.
If she doesnt undergo med exam, absolutely you will get a letter soon for PR. :)

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
molo5000 said:
Happy Holiday to you & your family too! ;)
hi molo5000.jus a suggestion..i think you forgot to include an essential required data to complete your spreadsheet.. the Marital Status.. it matters ,ey?