May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
yup we can do that send the email asap, who will be the signatory of the letter then? when we will be sending it? there may also be a suggestion that after the 2 yrs of the program , they can automatically give the open work permit about a month right?

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roselly,

I like your suggestion! not to prolong the agony of caregivers and our families back home! 2 years is already long + another 11mos then another 15 months.... :(

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@oksy- we can send it right away girl!
!pat- do you want to read the letter we had made?

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
OK, then I will reread this letter tomorrow morning again and do the final version of it. And then we'll send it.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Oksy said:
I don't think that it is a good idea to send it to all girls here by ordinary post like a paper letter. There is an e-mail address on the cic website where you can send a letter to Minister Kenney. So, I think it's better to do it that way. I also think, that we should suggest some more changes to the program. Here are a few ideas:

1. The employers should be required to give pay slips or pay stubs to the live-in caregivers. This requirement has to be written somewhere - on the official website, in the contract or I don't know where else... Many of us don't get them and then it becomes a problem when the time to apply for the PR comes.
2. Some of us are not paid properly. The contract says that we are paid at hourly rate - like $10 an hour, 40 working hours per week. I know a few people that get the same pay every month - like 1200. How come? Some months have 21 and some have 22 working days. And these people have never had any problems with their taxes. Sounds strange. They are probably getting paid either on a monthly or twice monthly basis but the computation should be based on a 22 day working month, like getting paid say 1200 or 88 hours every 15/end of the month.

What would be your ideas? What else should be mentioned?

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oksy & Roselly,

Got the message! Go with our goal to shorten the long period of processing for LCP applicants! May God bless us in our intentions <3

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@oksy- i guess we can focus first on shortening the processing times first, i think the letter is good enough as the letter contains all the sentiments that we have right now,

ennaesor

Star Member
Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello ladies! can i read the letter too? thanks
and good luck!! I hope this willl lead to a positive outcome for all of us!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
:)Hi, girls! Can I read the letter too?

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi. Im new to this site.Im also wondering why they take so long for the processing times.

PR & OWP submitted: april 15, 2010
received:april 19, 2010
started processing:June 30, 2010
addtional info requested:October 19, 2010
info received: january 19, 2011

OWP: still waiting.....sometimes i dont want to call the CIC call center.But everytime im calling them they will not ask my file number, theyre just asking when did i submitt my application.then they told me the same.reading the processing time in their website that is not changing.always march 21, 2010.Hope it will change this wednesday.

canela

Jun 24, 2010
hello there!!

I have been reading almost all the posters and looks like all of us are having hard time waiting; I sent my file on June and there is nothing new i can't even check my application on the web site and for what I read it looks that the files sent up to june 2010 don't appear on the web site; i was concern because I thougth there was something wrong with my file so i call the cic and the agent that I spoke to, took my e-mail address and told me he will verify why it was happening, since that time i have been getting a mail almost every month of diferents agents of CIC saying they apologize for the inconveniences and they still working on that (im talking about the fact my file can't be check on the web site) .... anyways im just soooo tired to see the processing times go up and down... humm, wait a second!! just up and up lol

I think even when wait for so long is horrible, we still have a second concern and is to make sure after all this time waiting we get a positive result... so I suggest you guys we get informed each other about updates depends of our timeline so that way we can have an idea about our proccess... for example, I sent my file ON JUNE 2010 and i can't see i on the web site, i know 3 people more in this forum that have the same timeline and the same problem so I guess there is nothing wrong with our files is just probably another "delay" of immigration with files sent up this time or something like that.

I have my little girl back home and we miss each other so much, is so hard I know but knowing about other people doing the same process is a support.

Good luck to all of us and God bless us !!
;) ;)

bakerfrench

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am blessing we can get some update on CIC website this Wednesday too. At least we could see some hope there. I am going to my home country this week and will come back in early May, to breath some fresh air will be helpful. Waiting like this just drives me crazy!

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi!anyone who have the copy of this letter, Can i have one too.pls...

thanks

Oksy

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Hi, girls!
Sorry, I was very busy last week, so that is why I disappeared from the forum, but I have already sent the letter to the minister of Immigration. No response so far. I sent it today, on Monday morning. As only I have any news, I will share it with you.