waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
lyne said:
are you still going to apply new work permit without restoration?
I don't know.I'll ask mr. Fabregas about this.

poknat

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
@sweetchad

i dont get it.. ur applying for a new work permit but u need to pay restoration? or u dnt need to pay restoration coz ur on implied status ryt? but ur eligible to apply for new work permit ... correct me if im wrong thanks

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
I had applied to renew my work permit with the same employer, even my work permit had expired in april. I didn't pay for Restoration status...I called CIC before and they said that implied status means that you're legal here, means that you work permit is valid for you to stay in Canada but with no expire date. who knows? every time you call them they say different things...

So I decided to try to because I really don't know when my owp will come and I really want to go home next year, so I tried!! I just sent a copy of my contract, letter from my employer, copy of my work permit and passport and paid the fee.

I sent last month...now I dont know what's going to happen, if they will send my owp before it...i hope so...

If they will approve or not? Only GOD knows...

Lana 0303

Aug 19, 2011
Girls, once again about the restoration fee. They told me' since you decided to chage the family you have to pay the restoration fee ' cause the previous WP was for the old family and it expired. They didn't care about the thing that I had applied for PR/ OWP and was on implied status. They never returned me any money but the rediculous thing is- all the call agents told me that it was a mistake and I was not sapposed to pay that restoration fee. They just sucking out money out of us!

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to those who will apply new work permit (new employer) no need for restoration if you sent pr lcp application already.just clarified this one with lawyer from westcoast.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@lana0303 they will refund ur money. they will send u a cheque. that's what they did to my wp application but same employer. they didnt process it bcoz they said i'm on implied status. cic gave my money back

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Iam planning to renew my work permit for helath card purposes does this means they will not accept it? My wp will expire on jan2012, i appllied for pr open work permit last aug 2010

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
Strikenannies said:
@ faithangel @ Katrin @ Kalinka

Are you guys single or married? I just can't understand why some received their OWP and some not?! This drive me crazy...

There's something wrong there....Maybe a hacker got in their computer and made a messy and now they are trying to fix it..who knows??

@ Kablas- where did you get those numbers?

application receive for Permanent resident under LICP
Jan - june 2010==6,947
Jan - June 2011==678

It's a very strong information, maybe because of that they are trying to hold us in our jobs...but seems that has a lot of caregivers looking for job too...too confusing...
Divorced, 1 depend., son, 14 years

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Attach a cover letter with your application. Let them know that you have sent a PR/OWP application but considering the processing times would want to keep your status and health card and SIN, so you're applying for the WP.

rosellyalung said:
Iam planning to renew my work permit for helath card purposes does this means they will not accept it? My wp will expire on jan2012, i appllied for pr open work permit last aug 2010

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rosellyalung,

I just passed mine for the same reasons - would like to extend the validity of Health Card, SIN and Drivers Licence.

I did write a cover letter just what Job_Seeker said.

I hope they approve it. :)

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
When did you submit it?

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
When did you submit it?
Hi Rosellyalung,

Received by CPC-V Oct 13.

I mailed it through Canada Post. Not fun of online applications. :)

trisha said:
any updates on your owp?
Hi Trisha,

Still in Process :)

aridoarikato

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-April 2011; LC2 - Aug 2013
AOR Received.
April 9, 2014
Med's Request
April 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014: Reassessment of medical -June 26, 2015
Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
laranel said:
the customer agent told me to send a copy of the CareCard and a copy of the official receipt for the Open Work Permit application..the address is at the back of your CareCard..
thanks laranel...mine is expiring pretty soon.