Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
tesa said:
guys, do you know your files number ? if yes, how did you find it out
its in the work permit. the client ID number.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
katileia said:
About change employers and work in the implied status or waiting for OWP and PR.

After call twice to CIC today asking about it I am in shock! I talked with 2 people to make sure.

You can NOT get a new work permit If you are in the implied status, with a expired work permit, and you found a new job (no nanny) and your new employer is up to do a work permit to you. You will loose all your program if you apply!!

If you have a VALID work permit you can apply for a new work permit with a different employer and job but PART TIME.

Of course, if you get a office that's understand your situation.

It doesn't make any sense but it's true, it's not because you finished your program that you will be granted with the PR you have to stay as a nanny until arrive your OWP.
They made everything to make sure that you will stay as a nanny, now after you finish more 17 months as a nanny with NO OPTION!!!!

Do you need more to start a strike or not?

i can't understand what u mean.Kindly explain please.

Does it mean if i'm on implied status, and my current WP is expired i can't apply for a new work permit for a new employer, even as a nanny again?

tesa

Apr 27, 2011
sweetchad said:
its in the work permit. the client ID number.

Thnks sweetchad,I thought so too, but I was told that file number is written in the official letter from the CIC and it is different from ID #

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
sarah cunanan said:
@ kateleia what do u mean if u have a valid work permit and apply new permit to a different employer and job,its part time? you can apply full time,as a matter of fact i dont think you will be approve lmo and permit for only part time
A valid work permit is a work permit that it's not expired. if you want to change your work, if you want to work as a nurse, health care...you can apply for a new work permit with this new employer but only part time if you have a valid work permit, if not, forget about it.

You can get a labour market opinion letter, contract...but they will approve only a part time work permit, if the officer approve....it's what they said...you can call cic and ask it.

I have a expired work permit, I'm in the implied status and I want to work as a rehab but I can't because I need first renew my work as a caregiver then apply for work permit as a rehab.

I'm not sure who is more stupid, me for accept this program or the CIC for make this program so #£¥*^€!

Who made this program never thought about health care, change employers, study permit, any support...it's stupid!!!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
sweetchad said:
i can't understand what u mean.Kindly explain please.

Does it mean if i'm on implied status, and my current WP is expired i can't apply for a new work permit for a new employer, even as a nanny again?
You can change employer only as a nanny! If you got other job to work that it's not in the live in caregiver program you can't work full time.

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kateleia, interesting. never heard bout that. you can get part time if you have valid work permit? (if the officer approve you) i'll email westcoast (paralegal) in bc to see what they have to say.. its nice to have a valid part time. take your mind out of this chaos. ill post their response

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
katileia said:
A valid work permit is a work permit that it's not expired. if you want to change your work, if you want to work as a nurse, health care...you can apply for a new work permit with this new employer but only part time if you have a valid work permit, if not, forget about it.

You can get a labour market opinion letter, contract...but they will approve only a part time work permit, if the officer approve....it's what they said...you can call cic and ask it.

I have a expired work permit, I'm in the implied status and I want to work as a rehab but I can't because I need first renew my work as a caregiver then apply for work permit as a rehab.

I'm not sure who is more stupid, me for accept this program or the CIC for make this program so #£¥*^€

Who made this program never thought about health care, change employers, study permit, any support...it's stupid!!!
cic is weird. i'm calling them today.its busy.

Piurana

Jun 2, 2011
Hi Girls, somebody could help me kindly to understand this please,after the first Step Initial Assessment we have to wait aroud 17 months and then for the Final Decision we have to wait another 16 months?? that's correct :eek: ??? that is in total around 33 months :-[???? it is true or I understood wrong :'(???
Thanks a lot .

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Piurana said:
Hi Girls, somebody could help me kindly to understand this please,after the first Step Initial Assessment we have to wait aroud 17 months and then for the Final Decision we have to wait another 16 months?? that's correct :eek: ??? that is in total around 33 months :-[???? it is true or I understood wrong :'(???
Thanks a lot .

You're definitely right.that's. How crazy is the LIC processing time.

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Please just make sure to read the comments...It's how canadians think about us, nannies...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/home-cents/shareTweet/article2145826/?utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links&utm_medium=Referrer:+Social+Network+/+Media&utm_source=twitter.com

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
hardwokerAngel said:
Just try to go there..Im sure they are gonna do the same thing...its worth for a try!!!
IF you are from alberta, i think you don't need to renew your alberta health insurance, as long as your SIN is not expired.. :)

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Tama kablass99!

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
kablas99 said:
IF you are from alberta, i think you don't need to renew your alberta health insurance, as long as your SIN is not expired.. :)

If your wp is expired your SIN is expired too and same with your health card.