+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

List of confusion in EE

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
1. I am reading in many post that "not claiming point for spouse".do one have that option? I mean can i claim point as single even though i am married?

2.peolple who applied for pnp and waiting for result? Can they first create a profile and den update later (provided they meet one the category)

3.work experince accumulated during study, will that be counted because it says canadian work experince, not the one on PGWP?

Thank you all in advance..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
3. Work experiences during study (Co-op, internship, etc.) do not count, even if it's full time work.

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
curious_123 said:
4. If spouse education is not verified by Eca? Will she get any point?
4. no points will be given if ECA is not done. repeat the same process of getting ECA for your wife as you did for yourself.
P.S: I am collecting my documents for this purpose now :)

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Adding one more point that I am confused about to this list:

NOC list :

In the Q&A page for EE there is some confusing info on Job NOC list:

I m not allowed to add links so here is the page title that I am talking about : Notice – Express Entry questions and answers

the first question's answer says that EE "is new way of managing applications in a number of existing economic immigration programs:

Federal Skilled Worker Program,
Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
Canadian Experience Class.
Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool for a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) in order to meet local labour market needs.

Through Express Entry, people who meet the criteria for one of these programs will be placed into a pool of candidates. The Government of Canada, provincial and territorial governments, and Canadian employers will be able to select people from this pool."

If this is the case then as per the FSW guidelines we need to have 1 year work experience in one of the 50 eligible occupations to be eligible for exp entry.

The conflicting info is in question 13 of Q&A page for EE

13. Will there be a list of eligible occupations for Express Entry?

No. Express Entry will not include an eligible occupation list or occupation caps at the time of launch.

To be eligible to enter the pool, Express Entry candidates must have skilled work experience in a National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Jobs offered to candidates in the pool must be in one of these categories.

Now I am confused, if anyone who has had work experience in any National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation can apply under exp entry or do we need to have 1 year work experience in one of the 50 eligible occupations as per the FSW guidelines.

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) criteria gives points for only Canadian work experience which most people may not have.

If thats the case then why does the work experience (from outside canada) matter as long as it qualifies for National Occupational Code (NOC) 0, A or B occupation.

Seniors please help... ??? ???

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
mf4361 said:
3. Work experiences during study (Co-op, internship, etc.) do not count, even if it's full time work.
What about the work experience(full time) gained after completion of studies but before applying for pgwp, will that count?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sk6492 said:
What about the work experience(full time) gained after completion of studies but before applying for pgwp, will that count?
As long as it is after graduation (official graduation date on transcript, not end of exam) and you have a valid work permit (maybe a Off campus WP?) then that should count. Some experts here can confirm that.