+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking PR Card Application to track PR Card after Landing (Flagpole/Landing Interview) is complete

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

Linking PR Card application;
1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.
2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES
7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

Please let me know if you are successful or have any questions! :)

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
I linked my PR card to my CIC account about two weeks ago, and I got a ghost update today. Does anyone know what ghost updates mean in PR card applications? I'm guessing some IRCC officer looked at my file but, does that mean they'll issue my card soon?

ADRIANMR

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Dear all!

If you are reading this, congratulations on completing your landing! I know you feel happy and relaxed. But some of your are little anxious as to when you'll get your PR card. Very normal. :) So was I! :D

Here are some simple steps I have gathered from a couple of threads and trying to bring it on one thread.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages
3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"
5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.
10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview
12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.
13. If after clicking "Search for my application" it show no application found, click Try again and try to input all the values carefully again. Each day it allows you 5 attempts. It it still doesn't find your application, you can try again the next day.

HELLO !!! JUST BECOME PR !!!! 1 HR AGO !!
JUST FOR GENERAL INFORMATION,,, HOW LONG I NEED TO WAIT TILL I CAN LINK MY PR CARD APPLICATION, ALSO THE OFFICER JUST TOOK 1 PHOTO, INSTEAD THE 2 THAT THEY WAS ASKING, WEIRD

Reactions: Mariyam Varghese

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
HELLO !!! JUST BECOME PR !!!! 1 HR AGO !!
JUST FOR GENERAL INFORMATION,,, HOW LONG I NEED TO WAIT TILL I CAN LINK MY PR CARD APPLICATION, ALSO THE OFFICER JUST TOOK 1 PHOTO, INSTEAD THE 2 THAT THEY WAS ASKING, WEIRD
You can link your application any time.

Also, when your CoPR was sent to you with passport, did it have a picture already?

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hi, I have successfully linked my and mine spouse's PR card application with my existing cic account however for my baby place of birth in copr is blank. I just noticed it while trying to link the PR card application. I tried to mention baby's city of birth but failed to link. What should I do now?

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Dear all!

Thank you for detailed post. I have landed on 22 April 2019. but i have not received the card as of 5th June 2019. My case was done by consultant and i do not have the CIC account access. do there is any other way i can contact CIC and know the status. Also do it take more thank 6 weeks to get the PR cards. Thanks for help.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you for detailed post. I have landed on 22 April 2019. but i have not received the card as of 5th June 2019. My case was done by consultant and i do not have the CIC account access. do there is any other way i can contact CIC and know the status. Also do it take more thank 6 weeks to get the PR cards. Thanks for help.
You can contact them;

By phone
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Prepare to wait on hold for some time. Try calling early in the morning or use a speakerphone. For your records, write down the date and time you called, the agent’s name, and the exact information they provide.

By email

Source : Google

Reactions: Blah!

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
You can contact them;

By phone
Call the IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100), from within Canada only, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm local time, except for statutory holidays). To speak to an agent, navigate through the automated messages by pressing 3-4-1-0.

Prepare to wait on hold for some time. Try calling early in the morning or use a speakerphone. For your records, write down the date and time you called, the agent’s name, and the exact information they provide.

By email

Source : Google
Thank you very much, do you have an idea if CIC/IRCC send PR Crad via normal mail or do someone need to sign at the address. Thanks

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you very much, do you have an idea if CIC/IRCC send PR Crad via normal mail or do someone need to sign at the address. Thanks
I found mine in my condo's mailbox like any regular mail. :)

HWAW

Jul 16, 2012
What does this Ghost update means.
i have linked my application on11th may and havent heard anything from them online.
i got a mail from there side asking for the photographs again and the same as submitted and received by them on 10-06-2019.
can anyone tell what gonna happen next????