AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
fattiesnowgirl said:
hey guys..

it was very tricky until i followed those tips form other guys who did successfully link so now i am sharing what i did and how i did it..
I entered APPLICATION NUMBER + FAMILY NAME
Here's the tricky part.
CITY OF BIRTH do not put anything just click the "space bar" that's it
PASSPORT leave it blank as well
MARITAL STATUS click "married"
NUMBER OF APPLICATION put "2"

guys follow those steps as i followed others and just 1 attempt it will go through. trust me

thanks. good luck to those hasn't been link yet
Thank you very much! I had a hard time doing this.

Harmony72215

Mar 13, 2017
Hi! I am a representative for my brother's sponsorship to his dependent child. I just received today an email stating to link application online. I have tried many combinations but I wasn't successful. It says no matches found even if I have already the UCI and Application no. Same thing when I am trying to check status online. What does this mean??

I am also wondering if the sponsor is already approved since I already received an email to kink the application online. I have read in the basic guide page "what happens next after you send your application." It says there the person being sponsored will receive an email with UCI and Application no. To link the application within 7days. Does this mean the sponsor is already approved depsote the fact that we didn't receieved any AOR or Sponsor approval.

Can someone enlighten me pls? I am a little bit worried since the application is not linked eitherway. Thank you very much!

Harmony72215

Mar 13, 2017
Finally! I was able to link the application online after MANY attempts!

This is what I did:
1.) registered the principal applicant without his middle name
2.) Copy paste from the email Application No. and Family Name
3.) Left the city/town of birth blank
4.) input the passport details
5.) answered the intended place to live
6.) answered 2 for the last question - sponsor + principal applicant

Then poof! They found the application. Just play with details you input. Just make sure you don't exceed the allowable attempts per day. Goodluck!

Reactions: Prasurjya09

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hey I received my application number and UCI
Can CIC still return our application?

Harmony72215

Mar 13, 2017
Hi, I think no. Bfore they give you UCI and App no., they'll check your application if all of your forms are complete. If they're not, they'll return it. So I think your application is in process now. But not 100% though. Just check updates on your online account regularly and let's wait patiently. Goodluck!

Teekatze

Apr 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2016
AOR Received.
25-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Harmony72215 said:
Finally! I was able to link the application online after MANY attempts!

This is what I did:
1.) registered the principal applicant without his middle name
2.) Copy paste from the email Application No. and Family Name
3.) Left the city/town of birth blank
4.) input the passport details
5.) answered the intended place to live
6.) answered 2 for the last question - sponsor + principal applicant

Then poof! They found the application. Just play with details you input. Just make sure you don't exceed the allowable attempts per day. Goodluck!
Oh. My. God. I've been trying to link my application for months but couldn't get it to work. I even mailed the CIC support twice but they couldn't help me either. But your instructions actually worked. Thank you so much! :D
I think my problem may have been that I answered the last question with "1" instead of "2", because I assumed that it's only one person applying for PR.

trangcan

Apr 6, 2017
Hi guys,

Finally I've succeeded in linking my application to my online account. As you guys see, it's very tricky here.

And here is what I answered:
1. Permanent residence -> Family class (spouses)
2. City of birth: hit space bar one. Thanks very much for this helpful trick!)
3. Country of birth: PA's country of birth
4. Passport info: Leave it blank
5. Other info as filled in the application, and the most trickiest part come. At marriage status, I tried "single" after many times answering "married". And it works!
Thank you guys very much for all the helpful advice.

polar25

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
i finally linked my application thank you guys for help
And here is what I did:
1. Permanent residence -> Family class (spouses)
2. City of birth: hit space bar one.
3. Country of birth: PA's country of birth
4. Passport info: Leave it blank
5. Other info as filled in the application, and the most trickiest part come
6. Also include your spouse as as part of your application.

smoothy

Apr 11, 2017
Unbelievable, the space thing for city of birth worked! There is no way anyone will know this unless they check this forum! We also used Application Number and Family Name to link, and 2 for the number of family members (spouse + principal applicant)

BamBamBing

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
App. Filed.......
End of March
Doc's Request.
End of April and End of May
AOR Received.
Mid-April
File Transfer...
Mid-May
Med's Done....
Mid-May
I was able to link the application but most of the time I connect to the GCKey, I only have the option to continue to my application. I can only change password/questions, revoke the key or disconnect.

Any idea why?

Found it, seems i was on the wrong page... :-[

aryeh88

May 1, 2012
My wife received her passport request for spouse sponsorship last week and her CIC account still says they are checking her eligibility and background checks.
Doesn't seem like we should be relying on the statuses they provide.

Harmony72215

Mar 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm glad that I was able to help! The online account doesn't work very well! It's been a week now that I've been trying to log in but it doesn't direct me to the acct. It redirects to the main page of CIC which is very annoying. The eligibility for the sponsor has alreasy passed the normal processing time and I haven't got any email yet. Tried the "check application status online" Still, in process Thought processing is faster this time.

ticaldec

Apr 19, 2017
lalicatter said:
Hi all, I was finally able to get the system to find our application. It didn't work until today - I swear I tried this info combo before but who knows. I can confirm that since our representative is using the paid representative portal it gives me the following message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

I have no intention of dropping my representative, just an FYI. I don't believe this shows up if you're your own spouse's representative.

The combination of information that I used to find the application (finally) was:

1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application. I am sponsoring my husband, no dependents.

It popped up saying 1 application was found. Hope this helps someone trying to link their account.
Also worked perfectly for me. I had to put "2" as the number of members in the application even though I (potentially mistakenly) put "1" on my paper application.

MUJIB

Apr 20, 2017
hello,
Accidentally, I provoked my GC account. As I made my new account and try to Link my Express Entry application to new account because I already got my invitation. I can not link my application to new account. Please help me out. I will be really appreciate.
Thanks.