+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking MyCIC account to PR application

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just checked MyCIC and it seems my application has been approved. I checked on ECAS as well and indeed, it now says "Decision Made." What's odd though is that I never got an email about the updated status. When I applied for a TRV before, I got an email from MyCIC for every little bit of progress about the application. I guess what's important is that I finally got the DM, but I'm just wondering about the inconsistency.

Also, since I've mentioned it, does anyone know how long it takes before I get my passport back after a decision has been made?

jr4210

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
5-03-2016 / SA 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
philgoodhusband said:
So I just checked MyCIC and it seems my application has been approved. I checked on ECAS as well and indeed, it now says "Decision Made." What's odd though is that I never got an email about the updated status. When I applied for a TRV before, I got an email from MyCIC for every little bit of progress about the application. I guess what's important is that I finally got the DM, but I'm just wondering about the inconsistency.

Also, since I've mentioned it, does anyone know how long it takes before I get my passport back after a decision has been made?
Congratulations, that's good news indeed. What is your timeline?

philgoodhusband

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jr4210 said:
Congratulations, that's good news indeed. What is your timeline?
Thanks! Timeline as follows:

App Received: June 12, 2015
AOR: July 17
Sponsor Approved: Aug. 13
Add'l Docs Required: Sep. 3
Add'l Docs Passed: Oct. 1
PPR: July 13, 2016 (after I complained that it'd been 13 months already)
DM: Aug. 5

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
buonqua said:
what code? The VO? There's 2 main visa officer for every application. One in Mississauga and one for the visa office and they communicate with each through codes.

Look at the part that says updated by: and most often it will be updated by the main officers otherwise they pass it off to someone that is qualified in that area.
Yeah, What I meant was the officer updating my file doesn't have that code name.

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
jr4210 said:
I did, 4 times, and nothing.

All other details are correct, last name, UCI, application number, passport details, city of birth, not sure what it could be.
It happened with me too. Is being more than a week that I have been trying to link my application and I still not able to. So frustrating. :(

nsjk16

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/01/2016
AOR Received.
03/15/2016
File Transfer...
03/30/2016
pamtee said:
after 4 attempts I finally linked my app. I don't know. I input the same infos during the first 3 attempts but 4th is the luckiest.
Did you include "city/country of birth" or the "passport information"?
I have been trying for a week and nothing. :(

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
nsjk16 said:
It happened with me too. Is being more than a week that I have been trying to link my application and I still not able to. So frustrating. :(
There is a link at the top to send a request related to technical problems. Put your details in that and they may be able to link it for you. Explain what you have done so they know if it's related to a bug in their system too.

C.

jr4210

Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
5-03-2016 / SA 17-03-2016
File Transfer...
28-03-2016
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
nsjk16 said:
Did you include "city/country of birth" or the "passport information"?
I have been trying for a week and nothing. :(
We used UCI and application numbers; those are the most accurate and unlike last name/first name, there can't be spelling errors/typos. We then put city and country of birth, left passport info blank, then city and province of residence when moving to Canada, and finally as it's just the PA and Sponsor in our case, we put 2 for family members, and it worked.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
jr4210 said:
We used UCI and application numbers; those are the most accurate and unlike last name/first name, there can't be spelling errors/typos. We then put city and country of birth, left passport info blank, then city and province of residence when moving to Canada, and finally as it's just the PA and Sponsor in our case, we put 2 for family members, and it worked.
We did the exact same except we entered the passport info

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
nsjk16 said:
Did you get your GCMS notes?

I tried 15 times a day for a week without any luck. Once I got my GCMS notes I was able to link my application.

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
I just wanted to update everyone with what our My CIC looks like after being approved:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of eligibility Passed
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents We need an additional document from the applicant
Scheduling an interview
A background check is needed Complete
Final decision This application has been approved

Until the day we were approved it continued to say eligibility was in progress, an interview was not needed at this time and background checks had not been started. Since they obviously aren't updating it as they go the only benefits I see with My CIC are:

-instead of having to check everyday like with ECAS, My CIC sent an email so we knew there was a change and to check it
-updated to say the application was approved instead of just decision made like ECAS, where you don't know for sure if the decision is positive or not
-updated more timely than ECAS for the approval, I assume as soon as the visa was stamped and COPR issued. Our ECAS still shows in process. I assume that won't be updated until Tuesday

So there was some small improvements with My CIC but don't expect it to advise you when each stage of your application is passed, like we had hoped it would. Hopefully in the very near future it is updated throughout the process to provide more transparency and make use of the functionality available. Possibly the issue is just with our VO (Dar Es Salaam) but I doubt it. In the meantime keep ordering your GCMS notes to see where you are at in the process. Good luck to all still waiting.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
MNM2015 said:
I just wanted to update everyone with what our My CIC looks like after being approved:

Scheduling an interview

Until the day we were approved it continued to say eligibility was in progress, an interview was not needed at this time and background checks had not been started. Since they obviously aren't updating it as they go the only benefits I see with My CIC are:

-instead of having to check everyday like with ECAS, My CIC sent an email so we knew there was a change and to check it
-updated to say the application was approved instead of just decision made like ECAS, where you don't know for sure if the decision is positive or not
-updated more timely than ECAS for the approval, I assume as soon as the visa was stamped and COPR issued. Our ECAS still shows in process. I assume that won't be updated until Tuesday

So there was some small improvements with My CIC but don't expect it to advise you when each stage of your application is passed, like we had hoped it would. Hopefully in the very near future it is updated throughout the process to provide more transparency and make use of the functionality available. Possibly the issue is just with our VO (Dar Es Salaam) but I doubt it. In the meantime keep ordering your GCMS notes to see where you are at in the process. Good luck to all still waiting.
Thank you for sharing a valuable information.this surely helps the forum members. :)

Hardcookie

Jan 30, 2016
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
NRB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-11-2016
MNM2015 said:

Scheduling an interview

This is nice!
Thanks for sharing and encouraging the members.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Does anyone here know if I can link more than one account to an application? I linked mine first, and they linked my wife's account. When I linked her account, it removed the application from my account.

Any ideas?

CanadianPrairieGent

Aug 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 31, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 9, 2016
I tried 5 times to link our application, and to no avail. It won't link, and all the data has been entered correctly. Is anyone else having problems with something that should be straightforward? I used our application number and UCI number. I filled out a tech assistance request, but Lord only knows how long I'll have to wait for them to respond to that. Any suggestions?