+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Linking a paper application to IRCC online portal

Zakarialina

Jan 28, 2019
How long does it take for a paper application to be logged-in to the IRCC online portal? I sent a Spousal Sponsorship paper application to IRCC over 2 weeks ago and did not receive an Acknowledgment of Receipt to date. I am also unable to find the application online using the name and birth date of the applicant. Please advise. Thank you.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You're going to need to wait for an AOR email, which will have information on it (UCI, app#, etc) to help you link it online*.

*This won't mean you'll link it right away, as it's pretty difficult to actually find your application. However, you'll be able to check the status online at least.

Here's what worked for me in terms of linking:
-Use App# + Family name (enter the Family name how it shows up in the AOR email - for me it was all CAPS)
-Enter passport info instead of City of Birth
-Married & 2 applicants

Zakarialina

Jan 28, 2019
You're going to need to wait for an AOR email, which will have information on it (UCI, app#, etc) to help you link it online*.

*This won't mean you'll link it right away, as it's pretty difficult to actually find your application. However, you'll be able to check the status online at least.

Here's what worked for me in terms of linking:
-Use App# + Family name (enter the Family name how it shows up in the AOR email - for me it was all CAPS)
-Enter passport info instead of City of Birth
-Married & 2 applicants
Thank you for your response. How long does it take to receive the AOR after submitting the paper application?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you for your response. How long does it take to receive the AOR after submitting the paper application?
My application was received Oct 26, I had my AOR Nov 10. Honestly though, it seems to be different for everyone. It all depends on which office is processing and how many people applied for PR in the month you applied.

Reactions: Zakarialina