+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Link account and confirming pr start date

larderland

May 3, 2015
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping someone can help me out with my following queries as we all know getting any answers from the Canadian Government can be a drag.

I am currently out of Canada and not sure when/if I will return- I most likely will but I have already met the two year residency as I left in June 2018 and got my pr in late 2015/early 16 with only maybe 20-30 days out of the country maximum.

My question is- when i go to Renew my pr card- I like many others have been locked out of my account- will I need this for renewing my pr application ?I know you can link accounts but Ive seen a lot of people not having this work and be frustrated.Id rather not have to use it if not needed.

2nd- How do you know when your pr actually began?My card expires in feb 2021 as it reads on the card. Which makes little sense as I believe I crossed the border in October/November of 2015 but it did take a while to get my card- would I assume my pr started feb 2016 (expires feb 2021- 5 years )? this is fine anyway as I stated I left Canada June 2018 and have only been out of the country for a max of 20/30 days at most since then

Thanks in advance :)