+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Limited Proof of Income - was paid in cash

CanadianJeff

Mar 19, 2012
Proof of Income,

I have been working outside of China since September 2005.
I am a private English Tutor and have not claimed taxes since 2005.
I have been working full time for a company in China since 2008 until present.
Recently, I asked them to provide me some pay stubs for proof of financial income required on the form. However, to my surprise that company wasn’t paying/detecting my taxes in China which I thought they were.

In addition, my wife and I haven’t been keeping our money in the bank, I make average of 3000 usd per month.

Any suggestions on lack of supporting evidence, my employer can provide a detailed letter of the time and salary earned, will it be sufficient.

Thanks,

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Sounds to me like you've been working illegally. Strictly speaking, private tuition is illegal unless you are paying taxes, though I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble.

It looks like your employer is dodgy. Not paying taxes? Dodgy. Even if they haven't been paying taxes, they could still give you pay stubs to prove you have been earning money. They may not want to because they fear you might create some kind of trouble with the Chinese tax authorities. What kind of visa are you on? If it's not a "Z" or "Resident Permit" you may be looking at some legal troubles, but again, the chances are low.

If you don't keep your money in the bank, there is no way to prove anything, especially given the fact that your employer doesn't pay taxes and therefore has not issued pay stubs.

The letter will be fine, and you need this - item 18 of the document checklist. The only thing I think you may have difficulty with is providing some form of proof (Option C Printout for the most recent tax year / Notarized translation of tax assessment from China). How are you planning on getting this done?

Never assume anything in China...or any country...but especially China. This is normal business practice. Either they don't pay taxes, or they provide a much lower amount to the government to reduce their tax burden. Now with the new "social security" tax, not sure what's going on, but for sure, you should talk to the director and get this sorted out.

FS