+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Light at the end of the tunnel

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I will be applying for the 3rd time soon. I am 36 years old now, anyone else who is around my age who got approved for a study permit? I don't know if I should be hopeful this time around.

Reactions: wonderbly

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I will be applying for the 3rd time soon. I am 36 years old now, anyone else who is around my age who got approved for a study permit? I don't know if I should be hopeful this time around.
All the best. I was approved when i was 35 and I applied MBA after graduated Msc.Accounting in 2012. It was my second Masters Degree

Reactions: aspirant256

Jolever

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Good Luck for the file, I am also planning to reapply 3rd time soon. Any view on current trends? Is your consultant talking about applying during certin period so that the peofile gets evaluated by IRCC properly ?

Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
All the best. I was approved when i was 35 and I applied MBA after graduated Msc.Accounting in 2012. It was my second Masters Degree
Thanks, good to know that you were approved at such an age. MBA programs are quite expensive that's why I didn't choose them.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Good Luck for the file, I am also planning to reapply 3rd time soon. Any view on current trends? Is your consultant talking about applying during certin period so that the peofile gets evaluated by IRCC properly ?
I heard from a consultant today, not my consultant though, that IRCC is looking into applications very deeply. Progression and course relevancy are most important he said.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I heard from a consultant today, not my consultant though, that IRCC is looking into applications very deeply. Progression and course relevancy are most important he said.
Interesting, if that is the case then its going to be very tough if app is not detailed enough. I guess they are taking US route ;) But the whole VISA application process feels mysterious when there are so many applications!

Jolever

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Yeah I too heard that, but some other agents are also saying that they are rejecting some applications without even reviewing properly. Its all a big mystery

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I highly doubt this statement. Not to undermine anyone's situation but have seen really bad profiles getting approved(Low IELTS, doing certificate program after masters, financial records shown of parents with 0 funds of their own, etc). It is a very subjective process so totally depends on how the VO understands your profile.

I'm in same boat as you so I'm just playing Russian roulette trying to give all justifications possible from the first 2 rejections in the hope that it lands with a VO that truly understand that I really want to study and have no intensions of staying back illegally. Will keep trying until I succeed.

Jolever

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
I highly doubt this statement. Not to undermine anyone's situation but have seen really bad profiles getting approved(Low IELTS, doing certificate program after masters, financial records shown of parents with 0 funds of their own, etc). It is a very subjective process so totally depends on how the VO understands your profile.

I'm in same boat as you so I'm just playing Russian roulette trying to give all justifications possible from the first 2 rejections in the hope that it lands with a VO that truly understand that I really want to study and have no intensions of staying back illegally. Will keep trying until I succeed.
I totally agree with you!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Although I do think approval partially has to do with the VO in some cases it is very rare to see people getting approved for certificates after masters with low IELTS scores, etc. BFunds can come from parents. No issue with that.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Interesting, if that is the case then its going to be very tough if app is not detailed enough. I guess they are taking US route ;) But the whole VISA application process feels mysterious when there are so many applications!
Its still a mystery and these consultants make statements based on the experiences with their applicants, so there always something happening but no set trend as such.