+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Life in Canada after Arrival - Share Experience !!

dus2_chele

Nov 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ R

great views on Habil.

@ Habil

i found many of your posts discouraging man.whats wrong with you?
if you dont like canada then why dont you return to your homeland?
yes its true that no place is heaven...but i guess all your posts shows that Canada is HELL. :(

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
@R

Man u earned my deepest respect :D

jonas

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ R big up mate
this forum is to share the info and experiences..but i guess its not a good idea from any one to spread misinformation

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Yes.... Mr.R is right.
I dont want to blame anyone, but giving negative opinion bout Canada surely discourages prospective applicants.
Yes, I agree, it wont be a cake walk in Canada for new comers,but tell me where is it like that?? USA,UK,India,Pak??
Anywhere you have to work hard and always believe in you.
Be positive!!

Cheers,
Abhi.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
R said:
Respected Habil,

You are great and I like your extremely valuable guidance to us. After reading your 400+ posts, I can easily confirm that you are infact a donkey who has no sense to talk and post.

After going through all posts, I noticed....You behave like an a$$hole with toothpick in mouth...scratching his a$$...and discouraging member all the time....

first you got visa for a 3 year under graduate degree and now studying a 1 year certificate course..... and at the same time complaining of no jobs in Canada.....

I was born and raised in Canada, and I know what Canada has to offer. Canada is for those, who work hard and willing to adjust. In one of your post, you suggested members to get marry a Canadian women to get faster PR. Do you think if its a logical way to post and misguide members? Do you think if a Canadian women will marry a donkey like you who "all the time discouraging" members.

In one of your post, you also suggested members to stop studying in Canada and enter US like your many friends doing the same. May be you think US run by your grandfather who is there on border to welcome us. Why you discourage members always???

I am a Canadian and belong to a landed immigrant family, and I can tell you all guys thats Canada is neither "a heaven" nor "a hell", and you can not expect heaven and hell at one place. Come to Canada if you understand the meaning of hardwork and patience.

All the best....
LOL

FarazAhmed

Star Member
Nov 30, 2011
I believe we shouldn't criticize anyone..because situation for every person is always different...
May be some people find some situations easy...and at the same time...that same situation seems difficult to another person....so...

Likewise when I and my three colleagues were appointed in Rome....My colleagues wanted to escape that situation and wanted to return to their country on that very first day.......
While I wanted to stay forever .....so its our nature as well....which makes a difference...

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
R said:
Respected Habil,

You are great and I like your extremely valuable guidance to us. After reading your 400+ posts, I can easily confirm that you are infact a donkey who has no sense to talk and post.

After going through all posts, I noticed....You behave like an a$$hole with toothpick in mouth...scratching his a$$...and discouraging member all the time....

first you got visa for a 3 year under graduate degree and now studying a 1 year certificate course..... and at the same time complaining of no jobs in Canada.....

I was born and raised in Canada, and I know what Canada has to offer. Canada is for those, who work hard and willing to adjust. In one of your post, you suggested members to get marry a Canadian women to get faster PR. Do you think if its a logical way to post and misguide members? Do you think if a Canadian women will marry a donkey like you who "all the time discouraging" members.

In one of your post, you also suggested members to stop studying in Canada and enter US like your many friends doing the same. May be you think US run by your grandfather who is there on border to welcome us. Why you discourage members always???

I am a Canadian and belong to a landed immigrant family, and I can tell you all guys thats Canada is neither "a heaven" nor "a hell", and you can not expect heaven and hell at one place. Come to Canada if you understand the meaning of hardwork and patience.

All the best....
:) :p :) :p +1

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Journey: I landed here yesterday afternoon and light snow showers welcome me here. I came after 22 hours of journey and I thought I might not survive but that was not the case, the excitement and enthusiasm takes you through and you will be in Toronto before you know. After coming here within 6 hours of landing I bought couple of cloths and a new number so its easy to get how not so tired I was. So don't worry about the hours of journey as the destination is worth it and won't let you be tired.

I will start it from the very beginning. I had booked British Airways Tickets of a flight which reached Toronto via London. I left at 2:45 am from Mumbai and the flight and journey were smooth. Facilities provided by British Airways are pretty nice as well.

I landed in London at around 11:30 AM (IST) and as I thought it might be tiring to wait for 5.5 hours, it actually was not.

Then flight took off from there at 6 PM (IST) due to the queue at runway and landed in Toronto at around 2 AM (IST). It was snowing here and the whole thing was looking pretty until I walked out of the airport when I release how cold it was.

The whole immigration process went this way:

We were provided with Departure Card to fill in the airline itself.

Your passport and boarding pass would be checked when you exit the airplane by CBSA authorities. They might even ask a few questions. I was asked what was my purpose of visit and which college would I be studying in.

The Departure card has to be handed to the first immigration check counter. They might ask if you are carrying any eatables. They are polite people (or atleast my personal experience suggests that). You will then have to move CBSA immigration check part from where you will get the study permit. The lady I had my encounter with was Asian but again a soft spoken person. She only asked for:

Letter of Acceptance,
Passport and
Letter of Introduction (the one that accompanies your TRV and passport when the Visa is granted).

No other document is required (unless asked for).

They might ask some questions like name of the college or the course or previous education. After which they will process the Study Permit, staple it to your PP and hand it to you.

From this point the person will move to the immigration check exit where they will again check the Departure Card and let you pass through for you to collect your checked luggage.

If you have a lot of luggage you might want to consider getting a Trolley which would cost you $2 (unlike India, it costs 2 dollars to get one at the airport).

I was confused with the loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins) when a gentleman helped me out and told me about them. People are indeed helpful here as after collecting the trolley my trolley was stuck as something was stuck in its wheel and another person helped me out with it before I could figure out the problem.

After collecting luggage you can move through the final check point where you have to hand over your Departure card and move through the arrivals exit where you can get Limos, taxis or see the person who has come to pick you up.

Transport: Taxis are pretty costly affair here so public transport like buses and street cars should be given preference wherever possible. Also its best to get pass than paying on regular basis as the costs my come down by a good margin because of this.

People: So far people I have met here are soft spoken and helpful. Yet you will very often see the younger generation being a lil snob when compared to past 30s who would greet you even when they don't know you and are just passing by you. Don't trust anybody or everybody you meet.

Never feel shy of asking questions if you don't know something even to strangers. People here are nice and patient enough to answer your questions.

Climate: Climate here would be a little harsh for people who have not seen temperatures below 0 degrees yet if you are covered and have protected yourself with proper clothing, it can't harm you as most of the public places and transport are centrally heated so only part you need to take care of is while you are outside.

Thats about it as of now. If anybody wants to know anything else apart from what I have mentioned or wants me to elaborate some mentioned point you can always post here or PM me.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
royalsting said:
Climate: Climate here would be a little harsh for people who have not seen temperatures below 0 degrees yet if you are covered and have protected yourself with proper clothing, it can't harm you as most of the public places and transport are centrally heated so only part you need to take care of is while you are outside.
You are right on that (bold) - It has been around -28C wind chill in Ottawa over the last few days - wrap up well :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
And its all sunny with positive temperature in Calgary ... ironic isinit? :p

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
And its all sunny with positive temperature in Calgary ... ironic isinit? :p
Sure is, the temperature in Ottawa is due to be +2C On Sunday, but back down to -17C on Tuesday (no idea what the windchill will be).
The only guarantee on weather is........ there will be some :)

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Baloo said:
Sure is, the temperature in Ottawa is due to be +2C On Sunday, but back down to -17C on Tuesday (no idea what the windchill will be).
The only guarantee on weather is........ there will be some :)
Lol yah..and canadian weather never stops to surprise the people :p

theatlantic

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, thank you folks for sharing your experience. May I know something about the student life? I mean, some of the universities permit students to work off campus after six month. But, can you really survive on those jobs pursuing a full time course of study?

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
Every university students can apply for work permit. Only few college students are allowed for work permit though. And through part time work, you can earn you living easily but not tuition.