+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LIC Peaceful Public Protest in Toronto Oct/2011

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
I am in Toronto and I will be one with whoever want to do a peaceful public protest in Toronto about all we are going through on the Live in Caregiver Process.

Please, post on this forun ONLY if you want to attend and/or help setting up the Protest.

Things we need to find out to make this happen:

1. Are you coming?
2. Is Thanksgiving a good day for you? (monday, Oct 10)
3. Where is our protest taking place? What street/park? What time? Do you have an idea?
4. What are we going to say/protest about?
5. How are we going to do it? Big papers saying a few impact phrases and/or hand out flyers with more info about our situation, speak loud on megaphone... What can you help with?

Lets answer these questions first and keep going from here so we can get this really happing ;)

molo5000

Sep 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Interview........
19-12-2011
LANDED..........
19-12-2011
GLana said:
I am in Toronto and I will be one with whoever want to do a peaceful public protest in Toronto about all we are going through on the Live in Caregiver Process.

Please, post on this forun ONLY if you want to attend and/or help setting up the Protest.

Things we need to find out to make this happen:

1. Are you coming?
2. Is Thanksgiving a good day for you? (monday, Oct 10)
3. Where is our protest taking place? What street/park? What time? Do you have an idea?
4. What are we going to say/protest about?
5. How are we going to do it? Big papers saying a few impact phrases and/or hand out flyers with more info about our situation, speak loud on megaphone... What can you help with?

Lets answer these questions first and keep going from here so we can get this really happing ;)
Hi Glana..

I will if it is LEGAL!!!

I'm from Toronto too..

-molo5000

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I'm in! Looking for flights!

Someone needs to be responsible to set up out way to an immigration office. The biggest one in Toronto will be better! Let's keep the time hide for now... The way too, we should make an email list....make sure there's no construction in our way....

Important! We can not pass through hospital in our way too, because of ambulances...

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
molo5000 said:
Hi Glana..

I will if it is LEGAL!!!

I'm form Toronto too..

-molo5000
Hi Molo5000, Thats great!
Of course it will be legal. We dont want trouble. We want solutions.

Re posting what was posted by "sarah cunanan" on the other topic about this:

just sharing this information from atty. fabregas

rafael_fabregas
Freedom of expression is enjoyed by all in Canada. You will simply exercise that by protesting. It is your constitutional right to do so.

rafael_fabregas
Look at the thousands who demonstrated their support when Jack Layton died. Not a single arrest. We all share the freedom to express.

Kattiela... do you really think these will cause a better impact if set up hidden? I dont see a reason for that. Nobody can be against us.

GLana

Sep 12, 2011
Just to add here what was said about this on the topic "Re: Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline"

Quote from: Monalizy on August 31, 2011, 06:16:24 pm
"****** IS COWARDICE AND SELF DECEIT IN OUR DNA Huh? ****

******* CAN'T WE GET OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONES FOR ONCE Huh? ******

PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF CALLING A SPADE A SPADE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO KEEP GOING TO THEIR JOBS TO EARN A LIVING,THEY ARE "AFRAID OF CHANGE" BECAUSE A STRIKE OR PROTEST WILL MEAN THAT THEY TEMPORARILY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WORK ,THEY PREFER THEIR TEMPORARY ENJOYMENT .

THEY DON'T WANT TO SACRIFICE ANY COMFORT BECAUSE AT LEAST THEY HAVE JOBS AND ARE NOT PARTICULARLY DOWNTRODDEN "AT THE MOMENT" AND THE LONG PROCESSING TIME HAS "NOT YET" REDUCED THEM TO ABJECT POVERTY.AT LEAST THEY CAN PAY THEIR IMMEDIATE BILLS "AT THE MOMENT".

BUT FOR HOW LONG WILL WE REFUSE TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE LIKE ??

INSTEAD OF LETTING US COLLECTIVELY SHAMING THIS HEARTLESS ,INSENSITIVE PIGS WE CALL POLITICIAN INTO STOPPING THE RUBBISH ORDER THEY ARE GIVING TO IMMIGRATION OFFICERS ,WE ARE BUSY PONTIFICATING AGAINST JOURNALIST .

OUR POLITICIANS HAVE "GANGED UP" AGAINST US TO MAKE OUR LIVES A MISERY THUS FAR- E.G Long processing time for OWP, more long processing time for Permanent residence, another long processing time for family reunification and finally , 10 to 15 more year towards Citizenship !

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO "GANG UP" AGAINST THEM AND TELL THEM THAT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ?

IF WE DON'T HAVE THAT COURAGE YET, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO LEARN TO GIVE THE MOST COURAGEOUS AMONGST US THE MORAL SUPPORT THEY RIGHTFULLY DESERVE ??

UNTIL WE HAVE A "CRITICAL MASS" OF CAREGIVERS WHO BOLDLY SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH OR IF THEY ARE NOT BOLD ENOUGH THEN TRY AND GIVE THE BOLDEST AMONG US THE MORAL SUPPORT HE OR SHE NEEDS TO CONFRONT JASON KENNY, HE MADE A PROMISE TO US FOR CRYING OUT LOUD !

IT TOOK JUST ONE GUY WHO WAS FED UP OF BEING OPPRESSED TO SET HIMSELF ON FIRE AND DIE BEFORE TUNISIA WAS LIBERATED FOLLOWED BY EGYPT AND LATTERLY LIBYA.WHEN IS THIS MODERN DAY SLAVERY GOING TO END ? WHEN DO WE CAREGIVERS IN CANADA WANT TO LIBERATE OURSELVES FROM OUR SLAVE MASTER CALLED JASON KENNY ?

HAVEN'T WE HEARD OF RIGHTEOUS ANGER ?? ARE WE NOT RIGHT TO BE ANGRY ?

COURAGE TO SPEAK THE TRUTH IN THE FACE OF APPARENT DANGER TO YOUR LIFE IS NOT TOO MUCH TO BUILD ! LET ALL SPEAK OUT,WE ALL HAVE WORKED FOR THIS,NEGLECT OUR FAMILY FOR THIS AND YET WE CAN NOT EVEN STAND UP AGAINST UNJUST TREATMENT TOWARDS US. WE ARE TAX PAYERS AND YET REFUGEE AND OTHER CLASSES ARE AT THE TOP OF IMMIGRATION PRIORITY !

THEY WON'T GIVE US OWP AFTER 24 MONTHS OF SLAVERY BECAUSE ONCE WE HAVE OPEN-WORK-PERMIT, WE WILL BEGIN TO THINK STRAIGHT AND SEE "FOR OURSELVES" THAT THERE IS A BETTER LIFE. THEY WANT US TO BE SLAVE FOR EVER,THEY CAN ONLY BURY OUR FREEDOM ,THEY CAN NOT KILL IT COS ONE-DAY WE WILL ALL RAISE AGAIN."

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
Lol....... 4 replies , 46 views and yet we complain . Where are all the participants in the April applicant thread ? I guess most people are just shying away . People are suppose to join this thread and participate but now u will not see them but they will be in the other thread complaining .

Well I Honestly don't know what to say . Facebook LICs kept adding up but they won't join in the protect talk .

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
@monalizz: this is totally true.. Everybody waiting for some kin of miracle! Miracle
Doesn't come this way!! Wake-up!!!

Nannies from Toronto please!!!! Show your thoughts...

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
I will definitely be there, just name and the time and place. We need to stand up for our rights!!!!

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
I'll go there with you guys even though I have to take the buses for 2 hours to toronto I'll go. Just let us know when and where!!!

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, Yes I'm going!
Suggestion, what do you think about Dundas Square, Young and Dundas???
It would be nice start around noon.

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" CAREGIVERS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!"

If everyone in this forum bring 3 friends, we can make this happen!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I have to be true with you guys...I'm very disappointed with other caregivers that come here in this forum to read informations and now that we have to fight together they chicken off.

It's ridiculous this!!!! There's nothing wrong with a protest...WE are not doing a riot...anyway we will be 5 on the streets of Toronto...I cant take 3 friends because I'm in Vancouver...If I go I will flight and I don't believe that my friends will join me, they even won't join me if was in Vancouver.

At least we still have to keep making noise and more noise, maybe the poster idea...How many says that could hang the poster in their city? 3...very disappointed....

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
katileia said:
I have to be true with you guys...I'm very disappointed with other caregivers that come here in this forum to read informations and now that we have to fight together they chicken off.

It's ridiculous this!!!! There's nothing wrong with a protest...WE are not doing a riot...anyway we will be 5 on the streets of Toronto...I cant take 3 friends because I'm in Vancouver...If I go I will flight and I don't believe that my friends will join me, they even won't join me if was in Vancouver.

At least we still have to keep making noise and more noise, maybe the poster idea...How many says that could hang the poster in their city? 3...very disappointed....

DISSAPOINTED,FRUSTRATED and HUMILIATED This is how we feel the 5 of us caregivers of this forum from Toronto when we attended Atty. Fabregas Symposium on live in caregivers last August. Infront of our fellow LIC's that attended also the symposium, Rik-Rik 1 of the 5 that attended looks like a fool to everybody trying to invite and convince every LIC's to join our planned strike, they're just smiling and playing deaf not even 1 of them bothered to ask Why? Monalizy and LCPcaregiver was right when they told me that afternoon, "just a waste of time and useless" when many of us here in this forum and also in the Facebook group are just good in complaining but when its time to do the action a few will stand up to fight for there rights. WELL?? i won't be surprised that this will end up in another DISSAPOINTMENT due to lack of cooperation among our fellow LIC's... Again eventhough i received my owp 9 months ago i'm still with you guys! and Count me in!!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
I had a idea for a poster...
LAST NEWS
It was found a Slaver working at immigration ministry, His name is Jason Kenney!"​
The slaves were brought to Canada to work as caregivers, with promises of landed Immigration status fast as soon as they work for 2 years but the Mrs. Jason is holding those slaves's PRs and making their work with no support, any health care and a very low paid cheque."
At the same time Canada needs their labour because the government do not have any daycare for the population.
If you are concern about child slaves in asia, refuges from east europe wars, you should look to your community that you will find out that there are a lot of people here in Canada working under conditions with hope of getting their PR, but the government is holding it.
Why? Ask your questions to Sr Jason Kenney...I believe he will be happy to answer you...."

Support the Live in Caregiver Program, for better work conditions, PR upon arrival, faster process...Canada you need us but now we need your support! Please join us in this cause!

katileia

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
You guys can modify the text, add something, correct the english grammar...

Then I'll add it to some pictures of caregivers suffering far away from their kids and I will hang then in Vancouver...

I can email you and then you print and hang in walls, post and community centres...

Everybody ok with that at least?