Liability for financial support

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am writing invitation letter for my friends as they are applying for visitor visa to visit canada.
I am asked to send my employment letter and t4 records with invitation.
Am I liable to support them financially if I do so?
If I am applying for family sponsorship in future, do I have to mention that I did sponor ( or sent invitation letter )my friend in past. As they count the family size to evaluate financial situations is that going to affect my file???

Thanks

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I am writing invitation letter for my friends as they are applying for visitor visa to visit canada.
I am asked to send my employment letter and t4 records with invitation.
Am I liable to support them financially if I do so?
If I am applying for family sponsorship in future, do I have to mention that I did sponor ( or sent invitation letter )my friend in past. As they count the family size to evaluate financial situations is that going to affect my file???

Thanks
If they are coming on a TRV you are NOT financially responsible for them if they stay in canada. Only in a sponsorship do you enter yourself into a financial binding agreement for 3 years

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply.
So any idea why they need my t4 and tax assessment to support friend's visitor visa file?

If they are coming on a TRV you are NOT financially responsible for them if they stay in canada. Only in a sponsorship do you enter yourself into a financial binding agreement for 3 years

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
Agent who is processing their file.
CIC or an immigration consultant? If it's CIC then send them. An immigration consultant I would say no to. Your T4 is not necessary for your friends' visit.

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Applications for TRV are submitted online. List of the documents required is generated by the system based on the answers provided, so if they answered that you'll be covering their expenses, then your proof of income and assets is required. If they are paying for their trip themselves, the only documen needed from your side is the invitation letter (and possibly proof of residence if your friends are staying with you). Go online and check yourself. Immigration consultans tend to ask for a lot of irrelevant documents.