Waived off
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
Hi all,
I wanted to ask about the reference letter that is required with the documents submitted for admission into master's program. I graduated from pakistan and i am currently residing in saudi arabia. I find it very hard to get a reference letter from my teachers in pakistan. can i get some suggestions on this, what do students do in this regard. any alternate ???

Kind replies would be appreciated.

Thank You...

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
if u r working make reference letter from ur employer.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
majidqayyum said:
Hi all,
I wanted to ask about the reference letter that is required with the documents submitted for admission into master's program. I graduated from pakistan and i am currently residing in saudi arabia. I find it very hard to get a reference letter from my teachers in pakistan. can i get some suggestions on this, what do students do in this regard. any alternate ???

Kind replies would be appreciated.

Thank You...
Hi,

Reference letters are not mandatory for all university programs, but are very essential to boost your profile. First check with the university whether they require reference for admission, if yes then you need to work on it.

Reference letter should clearly state your achievements, credibility and behavior in all aspects. Usually the recommender would just sign on any letter that you write. This is how reference letter works these days. Reference letter can be from any professor/teacher/assistant who knows you in college, not necessarily from the one who handled classes for you.

As you have stated that you find it difficult to get reference letter from your teacher you can get it from your work place. If you have work experience then you can totally avoid getting letter from college and get all your reference letters from work place.

All the best.

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
but the universities require the referee to send the letter themselves and not to be sent by the student himself/herself.
what about this ?

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Yes i understand. In that case the reference letter would be a online form. Get the questions and prepare answers in a very legible format. The same can be used by your recommender to paste it in the online form.

majidqayyum

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyadh (Paper Based Application)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application (Overall 6.5 band) no less than 6
File Transfer...
14-07-2014
Med's Request
Waived off
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/08/2014
LANDED..........
26/08/2014
is it necessary to get the reference letter from the HR department of the company where i work, can i get it submitted by one of my colleagues, who will represent the company for me ??

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
yes, you can get in from a colleague who is atleast one level above you. Letter from HR department is not required here.

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
majidqayyum said:
is it necessary to get the reference letter from the HR department of the company where i work, can i get it submitted by one of my colleagues, who will represent the company for me ??
The letter you get from your employer is called testimonial and not reference letter! Hence, I strongly advice you to get your reference letters. Most of Universities need 2-3 letter of references.
You have 2 options to send them these letters!
1- University will send a link online and your lecturers will fill up forms online.
2- Ask your family or friends in Pakistan to go to University and ask your lecturer to write one in letter head or if there is any kind of special form which is for Canada university and print it out and ask them to fill up the form. Put it in envelop and sealed it with faculty or university signature!
Hope it helps.