+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of invitation - Need your comments please

nutella

Aug 8, 2014
Hello,
My sister applied for a Visa and it was refused (one month ago) but she decided to re-apply. I would like to have your comments on my letter of invitation - only for the following paragraph, please. I was wondering if the letter sounds "arrogant"...? Thank you!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was with deep disappointment and dismay that we were informed that My sister name’s application for a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada, submitted in April 2019, was refused. Through this letter, my common-law partner XXX and I, XXX, would like to renew our invitation to my sister XXX, born XXX to visit us at our residence located at XXX Canada for two weeks from XX-XX.

Point 3(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act stipulates the objectives of this Act with respect to immigration are (d) to see that families are reunited in Canada. My sister XXX will never have an intention to immigrate to Canada. She only wishes to travel to Canada for a short period of two weeks for a family visit to see me, my immediate family and our third baby who was born on XXX. As a Canadian citizen, I believe that I have the right to be reunited with my family members in Canada even if it is for a short period. With this letter, we urge you to consider granting Ms. XXX a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada so our family will have a chance to celebrate the birth of our third child with my sister this summer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
My sister applied for a Visa and it was refused (one month ago) but she decided to re-apply. I would like to have your comments on my letter of invitation - only for the following paragraph, please. I was wondering if the letter sounds "arrogant"...? Thank you!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

It was with deep disappointment and dismay that we were informed that My sister name’s application for a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada, submitted in April 2019, was refused. Through this letter, my common-law partner XXX and I, XXX, would like to renew our invitation to my sister XXX, born XXX to visit us at our residence located at XXX Canada for two weeks from XX-XX.

Point 3(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act stipulates the objectives of this Act with respect to immigration are (d) to see that families are reunited in Canada. My sister XXX will never have an intention to immigrate to Canada. She only wishes to travel to Canada for a short period of two weeks for a family visit to see me, my immediate family and our third baby who was born on XXX. As a Canadian citizen, I believe that I have the right to be reunited with my family members in Canada even if it is for a short period. With this letter, we urge you to consider granting Ms. XXX a Temporary Resident Visa to Canada so our family will have a chance to celebrate the birth of our third child with my sister this summer.
Very bad direction and extremely arrogant. Don't tell IRCC how to apply IRPA or how to do their job.

Family Class sponsorship is about reuniting families. TRVs are not. Being a Canadian citizen does not give you any right to have your sister come to Canada. She is a foreign national and has zero right to enter Canada.

cmen535

Jan 15, 2016
Well..!! To my knowledge the article is all about refugee act not related to visitor visa. And I havent heard that being a canadian citizen will give you any special rights in regards of immigration matter

However, in my opinion - you should clearly explain why you want visa officer to grant visitor visa to your sister in a convincing manner. The wording's you chose above can be interpreted in multiple ways - Ex: reunite can also be interpreted that you have intentions to stay with your sister forever.

Describe your intentions clearly, provide all means of proofs and documents, and why do you think the visa officer needs to approve your sisters visitor visa.

Herewith, I am referring you to look at Rossei's article at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sample-invitation-letter.339303/