+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Letter of Invitation' for work permit renewal

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Hi all,

I am in the process of renewing my Canadian work permit with the same employer. The online application is asking me to upload both an 'Offer of Employment' letter AND a "Letter of Invitation". I have the 'Offer of Employment' letter from my company which states my job is being renewed etc. I find it odd that they are also "Letter of Invitation" to Canada seeing as though I am already in Canada, working and I am just seeking to renew my work permit (same job). I came to Canada for work, and am extending my stay also for work, so do I just need another letter from my employer for this? Has anyone else experienced this when renewing their work permit (not submitting a new application)?

Thanks!

akoyama

May 1, 2015
Hi,

I came across with the exactly the same issue. In my case, the two documents should be the same. Did you end up using the same document for the two letters? I would like to know.

Thank you.

Dwight13

Jul 14, 2020
Hi all,

I am in the process of renewing my Canadian work permit with the same employer. The online application is asking me to upload both an 'Offer of Employment' letter AND a "Letter of Invitation". I have the 'Offer of Employment' letter from my company which states my job is being renewed etc. I find it odd that they are also "Letter of Invitation" to Canada seeing as though I am already in Canada, working and I am just seeking to renew my work permit (same job). I came to Canada for work, and am extending my stay also for work, so do I just need another letter from my employer for this? Has anyone else experienced this when renewing their work permit (not submitting a new application)?

Thanks!
Hi! What happen to your application? What did you do? I also experienced it right now.

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
I am in the same situation, I am renewing/extending my CSQ LMIA exempt work permit with the same employer, because my current work permit expires before the estimated processing time of my permanent residence, I have all the documents that they are asking me for except for this letter of invitation, should I put my written job offer there too?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Any Update on it?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
i have just submitted my online work permit extension too and i have submitted the same letter of the job offer in the invitation letter section!

Reactions: Tophele

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
i have just submitted my online work permit extension too and i have submitted the same letter of the job offer in the invitation letter section!
What about the results!! Have you got your approval yet?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
What about the results!! Have you got your approval yet?
no i have just submitted on 24 october!
i read in another forum that they sent the same letter as letter of job offer and they got accepted!

i have a question to ask if you may answer please, i have not joined the receipt of payment for the 230$ of the employee i have only included the number of the offer in the application.
do you think it is a problem if a did not join the receipt of the payment too?

i assume that when someone has the offer number given by the employee it is sufficient right?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
no i have just submitted on 24 october!
i read in another forum that they sent the same letter as letter of job offer and they got accepted!

i have a question to ask if you may answer please, i have not joined the receipt of payment for the 230$ of the employee i have only included the number of the offer in the application.
do you think it is a problem if a did not join the receipt of the payment too?

i assume that when someone has the offer number given by the employee it is sufficient right?
Yeah!! That’s totally fine. There is nothing to worry about!! Have you got any Authorization to stay and work under 186(u) for a fixed period (Implied Status) or till decision whichever comes first?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Yeah!! That’s totally fine. There is nothing to worry about!! Have you got any Authorization to stay and work under 186(u) for a fixed period (Implied Status) or till decision whichever comes first?
my work permit will expire till 28 of February 2021, but when i have submitted my work permit extension application i got a letter of confirmation of the application receival saying that i :
""Please attach this letter to your work permit number
as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e.
employer and profession) until or until a decision is made
taken in respect of your request""
did you receive it too?

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
my work permit will expire till 28 of February 2021, but when i have submitted my work permit extension application i got a letter of confirmation of the application receival saying that i :

did you receive it too?
yeah!! I guess they are going to take more time in processing those applications!! So wewill be on implied status after expiring the original work permit. Mine is expiring on Dec 2nd!! I got an extended authorization until Feb 25, 2021.

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
yeah!! I guess they are going to take more time in processing those applications!! So wewill be on implied status after expiring the original work permit. Mine is expiring on Dec 2nd!! I got an extended authorization until Feb 25, 2021.
oh so for you they specified the date of the authorization!!! in my letter they have sent me this sentence
""Please attach this letter to your work permit number as proof that you have the authorization to work under the same conditions (i.e.
employer and profession) until or until a decision is made taken in respect of your request""

but they did not specify a date (in the empty places) as shown above, what do you think about that?

can you please copy paste exactly what they said to you in the sentence in the confirmation of receipt letter??? i was actually wondering why they left the place for the date + my work permit number blank!!