+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Explanation

Scorpiano

Mar 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I am wondering if there is a common format for the letter of explanation. Please whomever made one to share his experience!

Thx

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
There is no fixed format for letter of explanation to CIC! Whatever works for you...A normal sounding formal letter would suffice explaining your situation. Worked for me while applying for my TRV...It should be no different for Express Entry.

Something that goes like this:

To whom it may concern:

Dear officer,

Your Explanation.......

Yours truly,

Signature

Reactions: jessicita1225

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
I did not even write in letter format but that worked for me.
So whatever format SnakePlissken has given above should be more than enough.

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Just checking here. Is the letter of explanation asked for by CIC or is it something that you can put in with your PR application for clarification?

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
readymade said:
Just checking here. Is the letter of explanation asked for by CIC or is it something that you can put in with your PR application for clarification?
LOE is part of document list.
Letter of Explanation is not a mandatory document. But CIC expects it to be uploaded in case of any explanation applicant want to do.
For Ex : I have explained that I was preparing for interviews during unemployment period. One of my friend explained his visa(to some other country) got rejected because he did not submit all the documents needed.
So whatever you feel that leaves a gap or something not regular, you can explain in this document.

HTH

thoreau911

Apr 12, 2015
Do we seriously need to sign this?

I understand requiring other people to sign their respective letters for authenticity, but what's the rationale behind signing your own letter?

1) I don't think many people appreciate the logistical problems that a silly signature imply for those who do not own a scanner and printer at home.
2) It's also environmentally-unfriendly, because every letter has to be printed ahead of signing.
3) And it's a potential information theft risk unless you can safely shred said letter afterwards.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should there be only one LOE with explanation for different situations(like i need to explain my previous visa rejection,change in pof,part time job etc)or each explanation need to be done separately?
Please someone help.
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pav said:
Should there be only one LOE with explanation for different situations(like i need to explain my previous visa rejection,change in pof,part time job etc)or each explanation need to be done separately?
Please someone help.
Thanks
You can have 1 master LOE with explanations for discrepancies across various sections. You can also upload section-specific LOEs.

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
HELLO,

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE RIGHT FORMAT FOR "LETTER OF EXPLANATION"?
IF I HAVE TO WRITE LETTER FOR 2 DIFFERENT THINGS, SHOULD WRITE ALL IN ONE OR MAKE 2 SEPARATE LETTERS?

THANKS,

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
You can have 1 master LOE with explanations for discrepancies across various sections. You can also upload section-specific LOEs.
Hi @Asivad Anac, how can one upload section specific LOE? Should each section's LOE be a part of the documents that are being uploaded in that section?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Hi @ Asivad Anac, how can one upload section specific LOE? Should each section's LOE be a part of the documents that are being uploaded in that section?
Precisely.

CPRaspirant

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

This is regarding LOE for Employement reference letter .
I have worked in two companies prior to my current employment , my first employer an Indian MNC and my current employer a Major Bank have refused to provide me reference letter with Job responsibilities but i managed to get the reference letter from my second employer.

1st emplyer -> refused reference letter
2nd emplyed -> received reference letter
current employer -> refused reference letter .

Seniors please suggest whether i should write one LOE for my first and current employement or i should write separate LOE for the the corresponding employment .

Please also suggest what documents i should attach along with LOE .

Thanks

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Just write one letter and explain the reason for not having the reference letters. You may want to include any emails that you have to substantiate your claims.