+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of explanation for no Identification child born in india

a.maddy

Jul 30, 2023
Hi everyone, I am currently applying for my child’s Canadian citizenship as she is born in india. As she does not have any identification ircc needs letter of explanation. I am looking for sample letter of explanation for child who has no identification if anyone been through the same situation. Kindly help. Thank you in advance.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi everyone, I am currently applying for my child’s Canadian citizenship as she is born in india. As she does not have any identification ircc needs letter of explanation. I am looking for sample letter of explanation for child who has no identification if anyone been through the same situation. Kindly help. Thank you in advance.
No birth certificate issued in India?

a.maddy

Jul 30, 2023

a.maddy

Jul 30, 2023
No birth certificate issued in India?
birth certificate is issues in india but they need 2 pieces of Identification which we do not have. Birth certificate is not photo id. So it requires letter of explanation. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
birth certificate is issues in india but they need 2 pieces of Identification which we do not have. Birth certificate is not photo id. So it requires letter of explanation. Thanks
Letter of explanation is a very short letter that just states the facts - eg We have no other identification for the child because [there is no other type of idnetification used in India and we cannot get a passport for the child because .... .]

That said: please check the documents requirements carefully because I believe IRCC will sometimes accept things like school, immunization or doctors' records in support of a child's identification. Also it is not clear what you are applying for, but passport will often be required. If applying for Cdn citizenship by descent/parentage of child, I believe they do require photo ID but not certain.

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
I hope that things would have worked out and you would have got ur childs passport. Can you please explain the process as I am in a similar situation and how much time it took. I am a Canadian citizen but my spouse is permanent resident.