+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of experience - can I have two letters one with salary, another with duties?

Feb 26, 2020
The department I worked at is only giving me information about my duties and employment dates. As for the salary I was suggested to contact HR office and they provided a different letter with the salary information.

Can I have two letters from one employer or I should keep asking them to combine these two letters into one? This will be a challenge.

callisto

Mar 4, 2020
I have submitted one letter from HR (showing my NOC, the period of employment, salary) and one from my manager (showing my period of employment, salary, benefits, duties and responsibilities). Of course, I combined these two letters as one pdf document to upload to the CIC system. Unless the given information is same on both letters (such as employment dates), I believe it is all fine.

Reactions: monrealcanadians

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The department I worked at is only giving me information about my duties and employment dates. As for the salary I was suggested to contact HR office and they provided a different letter with the salary information.

Can I have two letters from one employer or I should keep asking them to combine these two letters into one? This will be a challenge.
You can have multiple letters or documents, ad long as all of them collectively meet the IRCC requirements. However, make sure you include a LoE explaining this.

Feb 26, 2020
Thank you.

Should the letter contain NOC # ?

I was told by department and HR that they have no idea about any NOC, they don’t know what it means and etc, and they won’t include anything about it in the letters.

callisto

Mar 4, 2020
The official website:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
So NOC# is not mandatory as I know.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you.

Should the letter contain NOC # ?

I was told by department and HR that they have no idea about any NOC, they don’t know what it means and etc, and they won’t include anything about it in the letters.
NOC is something that you select based on your job duties. NOC is a classification by the Canadian government, and has nothing to do with your employer.