+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Employment vs Offer of Employment

tutu2291

Jan 17, 2015
Guys , NEED URGENT HELP 15 days left to Submit Docs

Bit Confused about What should I provide as letter of employment vs Offer of Employment.

I worked in Canada for 2 years and returned back to my country last month.How do I now provide offer of employment.

Please advise.

tutu2291

Jan 17, 2015
Yes Asivad.
At the time of application I was in Canada and working.A day before coming to my country I received the ITA.

Here are my responses in that section.
Does XXXXXXXXX have a job offer in Canada? YES

Is XXXXXXX currently working in Canada? YES

Does XXXXXXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? YES

Is XXXXXXXXX job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? YES

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Change the answer to No and these additional requirements will disappear.
Am I in trouble?
I put "YES" in my EE profile (because YES I did have a job offer - the job I have been working in for the last year... And then answered the subsequent questions. Did I misunderstand this? Pretty sure I didn't get points based on this because I'm on a PGWP, thus no LMIA etc)
And now post ITA, I am being asked for both offer of employment vs letter of employment.
If I change it to NO in my post ITA, it's still stuck as YES in my EE profile.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you receive 600 points for a job offer?

if you did and don't currently have an LMIA, you need to update your profile and recalculate your points. If it is below the cut off for the round that you were invited in you will need to decline the invitation.

What was your CRS?

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
I'm applying under PNP. 600 points was from my nomination. CRS was 1018.
The more I stare at this application, the more confused I am becoming.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, so you will be above the cut off.

Select no for the job offer question, you don't have an LMIA.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
ozlis said:
Ok, so you will be above the cut off.

Select no for the job offer question, you don't have an LMIA.
Forgive me, but I'm still super confused.
My EE profile is now locked because I already have an ITA.
So in my post ITA application - I will put "NO" but EE profile will still say "yes".... I guess that was my mistake for misinterpreting the question. How do I fix this?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read the above again in relation to updating what was on your profile. They look at what you submit now, not the ee profile. If you are super stressed, you can always write something in the letter of explanation upload section.

You shouldn't lose points as you have the provincial nomination instead.

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
ozlis said:
Read the above again in relation to updating what was on your profile. They look at what you submit now, not the ee profile. If you are super stressed, you can always write something in the letter of explanation upload section.

You shouldn't lose points as you have the provincial nomination instead.
Yeah I didn't think I would lose any points. But I'm just trying to be extra sure that my EE profile matches as much as possible. Now it just looks weird if one says no and the other yes. I'd feel more comfortable if I could ask someone at CIC. Or perhaps I could just write a letter. Sigh....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kit23 said:
Yeah I didn't think I would lose any points. But I'm just trying to be extra sure that my EE profile matches as much as possible. Now it just looks weird if one says no and the other yes. I'd feel more comfortable if I could ask someone at CIC. Or perhaps I could just write a letter. Sigh....
Doesn't matter if the 2 profiles differ on inconsequential elements which don't make a difference to your CRS. For more than a year, applicants have successfully edited their post ITA profiles and gone on to get their PR. Relax, make the change and submit the application.

All the best!

kit23

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Doesn't matter if the 2 profiles differ on inconsequential elements which don't make a difference to your CRS. For more than a year, applicants have successfully edited their post ITA profiles and gone on to get their PR. Relax, make the change and submit the application.

All the best!
Well that's good to hear. I feel a little more calm now. Thanks! ;D