+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter from CBSA for documents submission

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
Dear Friends,
My friend is a refugee claimant of 2017 and still waiting for his hearing. He recently received the letter from CBSA hearing and detention section regarding some documents submission. What does that mean with this letter? Is he selected for the expedited process of January 2019?

What is this stage actually? is he supposed to receive hearing date soon.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
You'll have to provide more information than this, however the CBSA can intervene in a refugee hearing:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf24-eng.pdf

4.2 The right of the Ministers of PSEP and IRCC to appear before the RPD

The Ministers of PSEP and IRCC have the right to be represented in all matters before the RPD, to produce evidence, question witnesses, and make representations [A170]. The Ministers of PSEP and IRCC may exercise these rights by appearing in person at hearings or by filing evidence or written representations with the RPD if the panel authorizes filing of representations.

In representing the Minister, hearings officers must abide by the provisions of the RPDR, in particular regarding intervention notices and the time limit for disclosing evidence.

So, it could be that the CBSA wants to participate in your friend's refugee claim by asking him some questions, perhaps show him some evidence that they've collected, and then test his credibility while directly referencing whatever evidence there may be. What's your friend's story, generally?

Reactions: decent2019

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
You'll have to provide more information than this, however the CBSA can intervene in a refugee hearing:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf24-eng.pdf

4.2 The right of the Ministers of PSEP and IRCC to appear before the RPD

The Ministers of PSEP and IRCC have the right to be represented in all matters before the RPD, to produce evidence, question witnesses, and make representations [A170]. The Ministers of PSEP and IRCC may exercise these rights by appearing in person at hearings or by filing evidence or written representations with the RPD if the panel authorizes filing of representations.

In representing the Minister, hearings officers must abide by the provisions of the RPDR, in particular regarding intervention notices and the time limit for disclosing evidence.

So, it could be that the CBSA wants to participate in your friend's refugee claim by asking him some questions, perhaps show him some evidence that they've collected, and then test his credibility while directly referencing whatever evidence there may be. What's your friend's story, generally?
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I dont know the story but he is scared, someone said that you have been selected for expedited process and might be selected for decision without hearing. But i doubt as his country is not in that list of expedited

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I dont know the story but he is scared, someone said that you have been selected for expedited process and might be selected for decision without hearing. But i doubt as his country is not in that list of expedited
WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL MORE ABOUT THE SITUATION?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Generally, the current expedited process is designed to alleviate the current backlog. It either means your friends claim is obviously genuine in the eyes of IRCC/CBSA/IRB or its obviously not genuine. Your friend would probably know best which one it is.

Bakaresheyi

Feb 23, 2019
He does not understand English. Generally, the letters are received through IRB in these cases. But anybody here, receives the same kind of letters after JAnuary 2019.?
I received such letter in February from the IRB asking me to submit some documents within 15days to support my claim. My country is not in the list of expedited countries so I am not sure what is going on too, but it is written at Imigration and refugee board website that countries not listed or claim type can be selected for fast tracking that it is vice versa. You need to ask your friend if the letter is from IRB or CBSA because mine is from IRB.

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
I received such letter in February from the IRB asking me to submit some documents within 15days to support my claim. My country is not in the list of expedited countries so I am not sure what is going on too, but it is written at Imigration and refugee board website that countries not listed or claim type can be selected for fast tracking that it is vice versa. You need to ask your friend if the letter is from IRB or CBSA because mine is from IRB.
Cbsa

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
i am just confused what is this stage exactly. Can he expect his hearing soon?
Someone in the CBSA "appears" to be preparing their file, gathering evidence.., maybe they'll look at everything and take a pass on appearing at the hearing because the case looks convincing. If the claim is shady at all then that's another matter.

decent2019

Mar 1, 2019
Someone in the CBSA "appears" to be preparing their file, gathering evidence.., maybe they'll look at everything and take a pass on appearing at the hearing because the case looks convincing. If the claim is shady at all then that's another matter.
Thanks for your response. appreciated